Moscato 1/72 XV Commanchero Gunship

Mintox

4 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Those pilots look great! I suck at figure painting, especially faces. 

They were painful to paint. My eyes are getting too old for this crap (and scale!).

19 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@Mintox at 46 I hear that! I pretty much have to do everything with my magnifiers nowadays! 1/350 ship models are going to be the death of me! :crazy:

Amen to that. Everything I do at small scales is now with a magnifying glass/light. I cant paint small stuff without it! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably the last in-build shot I will post. Im finished all the painting and decals and most of the weathering. The canopies will need a little more detail, most importantly a panel line across that large bar on the right of the canopy that contains the split for the canopy which isnt moulded in so I'll need to get creative. In this shot I havent done the top of the fuselage with a flat coat but that has been done along with attaching the missiles. Ill do post build shots soon. 

39_commanchero.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 2:58 AM, Mintox said:

Here are the final photos of the finished Commanchero. 

It's difficult to pull of a nice finish with such a detailed resin kit, it's not as easy as a snap-fit plastic model, and I do not envy you working on those canopies.  I don't know how much previous experience you had to help you through it, but it looks great!.

8 hours ago, arbit said:

It's difficult to pull of a nice finish with such a detailed resin kit, it's not as easy as a snap-fit plastic model, and I do not envy you working on those canopies.  I don't know how much previous experience you had to help you through it, but it looks great!.

Ive built my fair share of resin and injection kits. Given a choice I'll always go injection simply because of the fit and minimal cleanup time. Having said that Hexamodels did resin kits that were next level. They were a work of art.