1/48 Line

Etrigan

Most, if not all, know of the upcoming 1/48 Hikaru 1S and 1J. But what's Yamato planning after that?

There was a time when the series was to end after the Max 1A. Instead, we got the Low Vis and the aformentioned future releases. With the seemingly large popularity of the line and some fans' preference for this sculpt over all other valks, has Yamato planned anything else?

What I'm pondering is the likelihood of the line following the 1/60 schedule; with future releases of the 1J Max/Millia's, 1D, and the VT-1/VE-1's.

Any chance for these valkyries in 1/48 scale? Or is Yamato going to hold production after the 1J is released?

Edited by Etrigan

Even I don't know what's next for the 1/48 line after the VF-1J Hikaru in November.

However, my completely unofficial guess would be Max & Millia VF-1J. I guess another possibility would be a DYRL Max VF-1S.

Personally, I'd like to see some more non-canon color schemes, like some of the ones that have appeared in Model Graphix magazine.

Graham

However, my completely unofficial guess would be Max & Millia VF-1J. I guess another possibility would be a DYRL Max VF-1S.

:blink: heart pumping :blink:

Rapid heartbeat, dizziness, palms sweating, shortness of breath :unsure::blink: ....

Hell yeah a possible 1/48 max and miriya, a max vf-1s..hell I'm going to be broke now, next year, the year after that, and on and on.....I'd better enjoy these before I die :p !

Edited by 1 VF-1 2NV

Hey Graham. Is there a single person responsible for what Valkyries are made into 1/48's? How much does your opinion count when they're making their decision for the new releases? Is this a group or based on a single person's efforts? :ph34r:

I would think the only way 1/48 M&M VF-1Js don't get produced eventually is if the Hikaru 1J absolutely tanks in the market. How likely is that going by the popularity of the cooler varinats so far? Only the Max 1A seems to be languishing slightly.

For color variants, perhaps the 1/60 line may be more ideal? Smaller and cheaper = less of a risk.

Even I don't know what's next for the 1/48 line after the VF-1J Hikaru in November.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping your last encounter with the Yamato staff had produced some 1/48 info, but alas.

I'd be more than happy with a Max/Millia release; they have to do something with the 1J head mold. My greatest hope is for a VT-1 though. I'd rather have it in 1/48 than 1/60 scale.

Any word on a 1/48 Launch arm; or was that only confirmed for the 1/60 line?

My vote goes for this unofficial color scheme:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...002-page-14.jpg

That would be bad ass.

I still want my CF though, too.

If they're making a TV version (Hikaru 1J) , I expect them to maximize the use of those molds, too. Max and Milia TV -1Js are obvious and logical steps, especially considering the 1/60 and their relative scarcity compared to certain others. Maybe finally see a Kakizaki? Not on my list, but it would be pleasant surprise.

A Hi-Viz would be nice. Or low-viz and/or hi-viz sundowners-style or another squadron or something. VF-1D might not be too. Something truly unique, like a real experimental variation or something (similar in concept to F-15 Active or something) with a custom head (YF-1R anyone? heh), special feet/thruster nozzles, extra hardpoints and/or air brakes, maybe multiple gunpods, special variant FAST packs (maybe some sort of aerodynamic version or something?). Probably way too much of a variant instead of a simple custom paint scheme, but it'd be nice. :)

GBP would always be nice, of course.

Something truly unique, like a real experimental variation or something (similar in concept to F-15 Active or something) with a custom head (YF-1R anyone? heh), special feet/thruster nozzles, extra hardpoints and/or air brakes, maybe multiple gunpods, special variant FAST packs (maybe some sort of aerodynamic version or something?).  Probably way too much of a variant instead of a simple custom paint scheme, but it'd be nice. :)

GBP would always be nice, of course.

I was actually just thinking about something like that, earlier. I was thinking of areodynamic FAST packs, 3-d vectoring feet, missiles mounted on the legs (f-14 style), etc... I was also imagining a delta config with canards (i'm sure I misspelled that).

I kind of imagine it being somewhere between a VF-1 and VF-0 in appearance.

Edited by Commander McBride

Graham can I ask you something ?

When did Yamato really start planning the production of the 1/48 line ?

I ask this because I´ve noticed that not only does the 1/48 line emulate the same pattern of releases of the 1/60 line but after the sheer fanatism of people towards these toys the 1/60 line seems unnecessary and obsolete in the complete sense of the word.

Is there still a market for the 1/60 line when there´s a better product available for the consumer (which apparently has no economical restrains) ?

My reason for this awkward questions is that I´m curious about the prospects of success (for both Yamato and the consumer ) for the upcoming 1/72 line in regards to the 1/48 line popularity , in other words how is Yamato gonna cope with a more demanding consumer who´s accustomed to high quality products if they are to release another mass production line (read: not as good as 1/48s)?

I´m not sking for official info in any way just your thoughts and opinion

Even though a lot of people do not want to see another vf-1a, I think the CF VF-1A would be a strong candidate. For a twist, Yamato could change the brown tones to gray. I've seen some models painted like this and it looks great.

If it was up to me, I would do more things that have not been done, like the low-viz. What about those green looking valks or air show valks? Perhaps, they would not sell well but I am getting tired of the same thing over and over.

IIRC, Graham mentioned that the 1/48 line was sort of a "testing the waters" bit for Yamato.

The future lines for 1/48 will depend on the sales of the first releases, and from the looks of things, the 1/48's are selling very well.

My supplier here is already on his 3rd re-order of Low Vis Yammies, and they are highly in demand here in PI. And from what I've read, it's doing very well on other countries.

That should be a good indication that we'll be seeing more variants than what Yamato has initially revealed.

All we need is patience :D

I'm sure Yamato will continue to release both lines.

While the 1/48's are outstanding of course, there are a lot of us that cannot afford to buy more than one or two of them, if any at all. There is also the space issue. Those guys eat a lot of shelf space. On the cash front, spending about 130 dollars for just the valkyrie, then another 60 for the fast packs, pretty much forbids me from getting another one right now, it's so expensive in total. I love my Hikaru 1A, but in fact the only reason I jumped on it when I did was because I found it on Animenaton's last clearance sale for 97 shipped. By the time a CF or a Millia comes out, if they do, I should be able to spare the cash by then to pick one up. 80-90 bucks for a fast pack 1/60 fits my budget and space limits pretty nicely, and they are still very well detailed. The Elint and Super O are both looking very good. I have a Super O now on pre order. Then there's the stuff coming next year. M0 valks and the VF-4 (hopefully). I would actually rather have them in 1/60 scale. They are still big enough, and are the right size to incorporate plenty of detail.

I love the 1/48 series and would love to get a few more of them. I just have to be mindful of how much I can spend. The right version comes out I will be the first to snatch one. 1/60's and 1/72's fit most everyone's budget and will continue to sell very high numbers, I'm sure, as 1/48's just are not realistic for many people. It's kind of the same way PG Gundam kits are not for everyone, and all 3 lines, PG, MG, and HGUC all sell very well. Bottom line, if 1/60's and 1/72's were not going to stay profitable, Yamato would know by now and would not even have announced any more of them.

Edit: On the pain of sounding contradictory, the DYRL SDF-1 would make me cough up some green pretty quick, whatever scale they come out with. Or a 1/60 YF-19.

The damn low-vis still calls to me though, baiting me.

Edited by Anubis

Isn't Yamato planning to release the 1/48 scale versions of the YF-19,YF-21, VF-11, VF-0(Shin/Roy), VF-0A,

VF-0D, SV-51Nora/Ivan, and the SV-52 sometime next year? :huh:

Don't say it too loud, the sith's are watching :lol: