Jump to content

Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type


jvmacross

Recommended Posts

On 7/22/2021 at 8:40 PM, no3Ljm said:

This is one of the example featured in the VF-31 Master File:

macross-variable-fighter-master-file-vf-31-siegfried-art-book-48.gif.jpeg.32be37d55a19c49ddc6c8627edbe9a3a.jpeg

Thanks for the info!

And thanks for posting the head changes in the movie. Damn, the 31E had a super cool head sculpt, now it has gotten worse... ūüėē

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, borgified said:

@Seto Kaiba - Is there any information on the 31ax for those curious like @Special Sauce and others? No doubt that you'll post in the Mecha thread and on here as well. 

Nothing meaningful at this time... the only hint we've had so far has been that the VF-31AX's we've seen art for so far have affiliation markings for "PARMENIDES", though it isn't said if that's a planet, a base, or a ship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Is the stickied thread correct that the preorder night is August 2, 4pm JST?

Also, has there been any word of a 31A repop? I'd honestly rather go for the repop.

yes...

No word on a rerelease...but maybe a VF-31AX CF in similar colors? :unknw:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, borgified said:

These are line art of the 31ax variants for the Bandai Model kit line @cosmic. 

Very high chance that the DX versions of these will be similar. 

Has bandai made figures of all their line art? I mostly just want to know if its worth gambling on waiting for a new version of the 31a or to jump on one if i can find one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Has bandai made figures of all their line art? I mostly just want to know if its worth gambling on waiting for a new version of the 31a or to jump on one if i can find one.

I'm assuming your question is pertaining to Bandai's DX Chogokin line, correct? The short answer to that is yes and no. It's seldom that they really complete a line 100% featuring the mechas from the show.

For example, with Macross Frontier, they produced most of the 'hero' Valks along with its Super and Armored Parts. They also produced Frontier's Cannon Fodders such as the VF-171 and VF-25A brownie and the enemy mecha VF-27 Lucifer.

On the Macross Delta side, they produced all of the 'hero' Valks except all of the Super Parts. Up until now, it's still missing Arad's and Chuck's and the Kairos'. As for the enemy Valks, only Keith's Draken was made.

Regarding the 31A Kairos, the new movie will still feature the old design. There's no indication that Kairos is going to be updated in the new movie. The Armored Parts shown was already been used from the previous movie.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From this angle in Gerwalk, the stinger / laser pointer thingy makes it look like its struggling to balance a huge piece of lumber on its shoulder.. wish it would unfurl even further so it looks less cumbersome.

Hopefully the mis-tolerance gap behind the cockpit in Fighter is gone, and that the index fingers on the articulated hands can properly bend to make a fist, instead of the current ones that appear to be in a permanent cast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do kind of like what they did on the arms this time. Taking cue from the Armored Pack. Making the arms look a little bit bulkier with those folding armor.

I'm going to wait for Arad's DX this time and hope the previous pod will fit. ;) 

 

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So can we guess who's version will get made after Haya Haya? ūü§Ē¬†Mirage, Arad, Chucky and then 06 version?¬†

OR

Whatever Bandai decides after throwing darts on a huge corkboard (with all the variants posted on it) and it gets made according to the hits it gets.8P

Edit: Doesn't the tip on the hand gun look like Starship Yamato's (or Starblazers for those unfamiliar) bow cannon?  

Edited by borgified
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, borgified said:

So can we guess who's version will get made after Haya Haya? ūü§Ē¬†Mirage, Arad, Chucky and then 06 version?¬†

OR

Whatever Bandai decides after throwing darts on a huge corkboard (with all the variants posted on it) and it gets made according to the hits it gets.8P

Edit: Doesn't the tip on the hand gun look like Starship Yamato's (or Starblazers for those unfamiliar) bow cannon?  

It does.

650899955_1372ef_24ab833126e94960a9b18a62c94fafd8mv2.jpg.748cef607726c18325cd998581d11c1f.jpg

And it also looks like Strike Freedom's Calidus Beam Cannon. ;)

N2520561001001_001.jpg.4f02c1cc85c12c63186acd5482c1fc95.jpg

 

My next Delta DX bet... the Teal Delta 06. It has to be. There's something about that color. :rolleyes:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, borgified said:

These are line art of the 31ax variants for the Bandai Model kit line @cosmic. 

Very high chance that the DX versions of these will be similar. 

I haven't seen anything in the model kits section about this... Are you sure?

Bandai never released a 1/72 VF-31A Kairos model kit. If this indicates that one is on the horizon, I'm very excited. If not...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see Bandai doing any "canon fodder"  31 kits. Which sucks. Because i like the variable mode feature on their Frontier and Delta kits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How bad has bandai been about re-re-remaking the same figure? I am looking at the 31A Hayate and it has an original version, a movie edition, and now the holo projector version. All of the same figure, with new hat syndrome for each. Then there is the recent VF-1J special edition being re-released as a set with the armor parts that are also being sold seperately, but you miss out on the stand from the special edition.

Kinda iffy for me to put a lot of money on something for bandai to just reissue it with possibly better or more accessories a few months later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally. The Hayate rectal thermometer version is my favorite so far. But I probably won't bother getting in line to get  my temperature checked until i see Mirage's ride in the flesh. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Kinda iffy for me to put a lot of money on something for bandai to just reissue it with possibly better or more accessories a few months later.

Welcome to collecting (Bandai) MacrossūüôÉ

Edited by Bolt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Just get the Hasegawa and pretend it transforms...lol

Oh believe you me, I have many, MANY of those. :lol: 

(And I mean actually, it would be incredibly easy to swap those FS winglets and canards for those of the Kairos, or better yet, to scratchbuild them and save me a kit. But STILL, Bandai, would it kill you to give the fans what they want?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

How bad has bandai been about re-re-remaking the same figure? I am looking at the 31A Hayate and it has an original version, a movie edition, and now the holo projector version. All of the same figure, with new hat syndrome for each. Then there is the recent VF-1J special edition being re-released as a set with the armor parts that are also being sold seperately, but you miss out on the stand from the special edition.

Kinda iffy for me to put a lot of money on something for bandai to just reissue it with possibly better or more accessories a few months later.

It's not how bad Bandai is. That really depends on how much Bandai paid for rights or if they have a share on the said show. Since most animes are basically a commercial for toys. So if one company are going to spend for that, it's logical that they're going to produce a lot for a quick return. You can't produce a product one time and call it a day when you know that there's a demand to it. It's a typical business practice.

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Doctor hayate...ūüėÖ

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Since it's Bandai, it's definitely going to be a rectal thermometer.

:rofl: 

 

 

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bolt said:

Personally. The Hayate rectal thermometer version is my favorite so far. But I probably won't bother getting in line to get  my temperature checked until i see Mirage's ride in the flesh. 

 

Is that considered a gimmick? ie getting tempreture checked.¬†ūüėā

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Since it's Bandai, it's definitely going to be a rectal thermometer.

 

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Is that considered a gimmick? ie getting tempreture checked.¬†ūüėā

"Includes proctological exam gimmick for all three modes" :rofl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

Is that considered a gimmick? ie getting tempreture checked.¬†ūüėā

Well yes! It's the latest Macross innovation the floating head has dreamed up¬†ūüėÖ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

 You can't produce a product one time and call it a day when you know that there's a demand to it. It's a typical business practice.

.... You are talking about Bandai here, right?  I know we're talking about their repeated reissues of certain products.. but they certainly have the exact opposite behavior with a ton of things they have produced.

stares at the VF-25 armor and super packs, VF-31A, and literally every other exclusive they have straight-up ignored overwhelming demand for, in some cases for close to a decade now

I can't speak to whether there are licensing limits involved in these, but the repeated re-issues of Ozma's VF-25S without offering a bundle or reissue of his armor was probably one of the biggest middle fingers I've ever seen any company give their target demographic. 

"Here.. please buy more of this cool plane that you never actually see in the show because it's covered in armor.  What's that?  Sell you the armor he always wore?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA No." 

People here have been lined up ready to throw copious amounts of cash directly in Bandai's face for years, and I can't really imagine the demand is any lower in Japan.  Ozma's armored 25S was THE iconic valk of Frontier.

I don't understand any of how they operate, and it's probably not worth trying.  I'm sure they're running insane conspiracy theory string and push-pin schemes to determine the best production amounts to maximize their profit ten ways from next tuesday, but none of that makes it any easier to explain why they do things like this.  And Macross is only a microcosm of this environment they've created, where there is a very clear demand for a product that they just refuse produce more of, all while selling complimentary items that increase the demand for the thing they refuse to make.  It's adding insult to injury, as if they get some sort of buzz from sitting back and watching the auction prices of their exclusive items climb.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

.... You are talking about Bandai here, right?  I know we're talking about their repeated reissues of certain products.. but they certainly have the exact opposite behavior with a ton of things they have produced.

Oh no. I'm just taking things in general. ;)

Agree that I'm also not 100% on how they do it too. But looking at their other line, say for example Metal Build Exia/Astraea/Red Astray, they keep on milking on them. And probably there's more demand on that one due to worldwide distribution. Whereas with Macross, even in that new agreement with the other company, it's still limited to Japan for its release. So production number is probably still low compared to Gundam.

Anyways, we've been talking about this for years now. It's a sad reality we live in when it comes to Bandai. And our love/hate relationship with them. :lol: 

 

C'mon Bandai, release already Arad's and Chuck's Super Packs, Elvis Draken, and Kairos reissue. :aggressive:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jvmacross changed the title to Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...