Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Proxy finally shipped out my pair. Not sure exactly how I want to display them yet.

I was thinking the same thing once I realized they started shipping them out.  I may just do a stand alone like in this pic for now.

dx-chogokin-macross-super-ghost-set-for-

2 hours ago, MKT said:

:rofl:  Trying to wean off the Macross Multiple Valk Syndrome.

Im with you on that, primarily because I'm running out of space. I'll probably sell off my duplicates once I get my new moducases. I like having the extras for spare parts but really need to make space. :bigshok:

Just opened mine up despite it arriving yesterday. Overall, looks pretty good. I wish the wings locked in position or something. I was surprised and a little disappointed that, despite the size of the ghosts and the price, these ghosts don't feature any landing gear whereas the Lil Drakens did. The super parts for the ghosts snap on and seem to stay in place pretty well. No worries about pieces falling off during handling. 

On 5/25/2023 at 2:38 PM, Angesdad said:

How big is the box? HG wants 5100 yen to ship via EMS to me but it seems a little excessive. 

EMS is now more expensive than FedEx/DHL but the difference is still less than FedEx/DHL brokerage/customs/duty fees (which are $25-30 minimum and the duties/taxes on top of that in Canada) where as EMS is often delivered to the door without customs catching on (at least in my experience in Canada).  I paid Nin-Nin 3,900Y for EMS and they just asked for 1,300Y more so I guess I'll end up paying 5,200Y EMS which is totally excessive, but seems in line with most stores in Japan. :(

18 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

EMS is now more expensive than FedEx/DHL but the difference is still less than FedEx/DHL brokerage/customs/duty fees (which are $25-30 minimum and the duties/taxes on top of that in Canada) where as EMS is often delivered to the door without customs catching on (at least in my experience in Canada).  I paid Nin-Nin 3,900Y for EMS and they just asked for 1,300Y more so I guess I'll end up paying 5,200Y EMS which is totally excessive, but seems in line with most stores in Japan. :(

I see, so it's on par with current rates which suck..well Imma sucka for Macross goods what can I say eh. As far as getting stuff shipped to Canuckland, I always prefer EMS and avoid DHL like plague due to duties and fees.:unknw:

Since everything seems to be Hayate focused with the releases of Macross Delta, if they managed to fix the issues with gaps and fit and finish with the re-release of Hayate's VF-31AX Kairos Plus, I might want to try to acquire it from BBTS.  I already have the VF-31AX Mirage Custom, but want something that doesn't attract my eye with the incongruent lines.

Twich

On 5/26/2023 at 3:03 PM, Lolicon said:

Im with you on that, primarily because I'm running out of space. I'll probably sell off my duplicates once I get my new moducases. I like having the extras for spare parts but really need to make space. :bigshok:

I think I got too greedy getting duplicates. Sometimes its just to overcompensate for the PO madness (yes scored another one!!), sometimes its over-ambition in wanting to display them in different modes, sometimes its just getting that plastic crack high lol.. but in reality, they have just been sitting in storage forever.

Can't wait to see the moducases set up! :good:

2 minutes ago, MKT said:

I think I got too greedy getting duplicates. Sometimes its just to overcompensate for the PO madness (yes scored another one!!), sometimes its over-ambition in wanting to display them in different modes, sometimes its just getting that plastic crack high lol.. but in reality, they have just been sitting in storage forever.

Can't wait to see the moducases set up! :good:

You just broke it down perfectly!

Welcome to my life!😂

92A6C228-CE34-4125-895D-5B9B1AE54689.jpeg.6040c824f9bbf003e383d188c2bae052.jpeg57F78638-951F-477D-A7C3-5C8CACA19553.jpeg.367ff431fabf67cfe097ed6b85a13c2f.jpeg

Haha my storage was getting to be like yours @Slave IV, but the initial period of lockdowns was a perfect opportunity to organize everything up. Opening the shipping cartons, rearrange the toy boxes, re-store in various plastic containers & larger boxes, labelling & cataloguing everything.
Our box tetris skills starts from organising the toy boxes in wardrobe, then in the bigger plastic containers & the larger shipping boxes, and then tetris-ing these storage containers itself in the spaces they are in, and constantly re-doing them to try to fit & keep various toy lines together. 

But I have not been keeping up much with new arrivals after the lockdowns, so its becoming a mess again. :rolleyes:

I can see though, the good thing about not organizing too much. Years later during retirement, the storage will be like a huge cache of barn-finds. Rediscovery all over again! :yahoo:

Unfortunatwly DHL showed up during the twenty minute window I was giving my Mom her shower for the evening (after being home the entire day) so I missed them.  And it's Memorial Day weekend so they won't retry until Tuesday.

Hey guys, wanna ask. Is Hobby-Genki usually slow in shipping and responding to inquiries? I had this VF-31AX Ghost sets updated to "Shipped" two days ago but the tracking number doesn't work still as of today. This is my first time purchasing from Hobby-Genki. Usually, AmiAmi and Mandrake are responsive and ship it very fast.

8 minutes ago, Sokeijon said:

Hey guys, wanna ask. Is Hobby-Genki usually slow in shipping and responding to inquiries? I had this VF-31AX Ghost sets updated to "Shipped" two days ago but the tracking number doesn't work still as of today. This is my first time purchasing from Hobby-Genki. Usually, AmiAmi and Mandrake are responsive and ship it very fast.

Just wait couple more days and it should work. I've had packages from HLJ / Amiami whose tracking numbers only activate 3-4 days after they updated them to shipped status.

Hobby-Genki can be sometimes slow in communications, and their processes are still heavily manual. I've had a package from them shipped, but they didn't notify anything to me until it showed up at my door. But all e-mails to them are always eventually answered. 

I see, I frequently use AmiAmi and Mandrake. They are fast in shipping and updating the tracking accurately and I am able to view it either on the day itself or  the next day. I am yet to try HLJ though.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it. 

9 hours ago, Sokeijon said:

I see, I frequently use AmiAmi and Mandrake. They are fast in shipping and updating the tracking accurately and I am able to view it either on the day itself or  the next day. I am yet to try HLJ though.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it. 

all those stores you just mentioned are outright massive corporations, i'd add hobby search among them as the best known ones.

hobby-genki on the other hand, give the impression that they are a couple dudes operating out of a garage as a side gig. not that they are actually that small, considering they probably have the most generous warehouse and shipping arrangement policies lol. basically, they don't seem to be able to keep up with their volume of business, and need checking in on if you notice releases have come and gone without updates on your orders for a long while. the upside is, they seem to have the most pleasant customer service. one time, they were even kind enough to voluntarily bring up waiving my shipping fee because my order had fallen between the cracks and gone untended to for very long. i've only used them a couple times, but i consider them my first choice for limited release items now, whenever there is something the larger stores don't deal in or have limited allotment.

21 hours ago, Sokeijon said:

Ive used Hobby Genki before multiples times and its been 50/50 for me. Sometimes ill order something on Saturday and have it Wed/Thurs , other times it takes 5-8 business days. The one constant factor with Hobby Genki and Okini land is they are both cheap on the packaging. Anytime I order an MB from either of them I expect the box to come in F***ed up. 

On 6/1/2023 at 11:54 PM, PointBlankSniper said:

all those stores you just mentioned are outright massive corporations, i'd add hobby search among them as the best known ones.

hobby-genki on the other hand, give the impression that they are a couple dudes operating out of a garage as a side gig. not that they are actually that small, considering they probably have the most generous warehouse and shipping arrangement policies lol. basically, they don't seem to be able to keep up with their volume of business, and need checking in on if you notice releases have come and gone without updates on your orders for a long while. the upside is, they seem to have the most pleasant customer service. one time, they were even kind enough to voluntarily bring up waiving my shipping fee because my order had fallen between the cracks and gone untended to for very long. i've only used them a couple times, but i consider them my first choice for limited release items now, whenever there is something the larger stores don't deal in or have limited allotment.

I see! Thanks mate, for letting me know. This is actually my first successful buy with them. Few years ago I ordered SV-51 from them when I see it in stock. But then, few days later they contacted me saying error listing and it has been out of stock. Refunded me twice PayPal because they didn’t refund exact amount on the first place.

On 6/2/2023 at 10:56 AM, 68whiskey said:

Ive used Hobby Genki before multiples times and its been 50/50 for me. Sometimes ill order something on Saturday and have it Wed/Thurs , other times it takes 5-8 business days. The one constant factor with Hobby Genki and Okini land is they are both cheap on the packaging. Anytime I order an MB from either of them I expect the box to come in F***ed up. 

On 6/2/2023 at 10:56 AM, 68whiskey said:

Well, I received my parcel in good packaging condition. Probably I’m lucky? I can see that the packaging is a custom made according to the size of VF-31Ax ghost set. 

IMG_4326.jpeg

IMG_4325.jpeg