Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

23 hours ago, Rhubarbarian said:

I'd probably need to file down the attachment on this part to get it to stay in, there's no amount of pressure that will keep it from popping back out pretty much immediately.

That sounds like how mine was, actually.  Until I won that thumb war.

I’ll buy my first AX when Bandai sends @jenius an improved reissue and he gives it the green light. I don’t even care if I have to pay after market for it. Better than spending money on preordered valks that turn out to be poor QC. 

15 minutes ago, snakerbot said:

I'm kind of considering picking a set up, despite not having a VF-31AX. I just like the design.

Seems quite a few of us are getting this for standalone purposes. :good: They do look somewhat ridiculous on the 31AX.

On 1/18/2023 at 9:49 PM, jenius said:

Hmm, sounds like I'll need to start doing reviews again. Hopefully just a month or so away at this point.

Yes please! I’ve referred to Scorched Earth/anymoon.com since I started collecting. Your reviews are fantastic.  

On 1/13/2023 at 1:13 AM, MKT said:

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14281/

Re-issue details:

PO Date: 02 Feb, 2023. General release.

Price: Yen 25,300, inclusive 10% domestic tax.

Release: June 2023

Although it doesn't say WWM in the link, the section listing the sales sites sort of indicates that this will be a worldwide release.

On 1/13/2023 at 7:05 PM, no3Ljm said:

Yup, I really don't think they're the same. If they are, then I already preordered one. It would be nice though if there is. ;) 

Edit: I checked again the images on both Kairos and the Super Ghost set. Since we didn't see any bottom photo of the Super Ghost that shows the area where the wing connector is, we can safely assume that the connector is built-in underneath the Ghost. If ever it is, we can assume that the connector can be used to attach on a 3D/custom 'bridge connector adapter' that can be connected to the holes on the side of the legs in Fighter mode.

From this old AX SP pack review, the new AX SP pack connector can be peg in the Kairos's under wing mount. Those are the same mount holes that lil'draken and that connector piece from Messer's 31 for the draken. And given that the super ghost should use the exact mount as the AX SP pack, in theory, this new ghost should be able to put on Kairos with the Messer 31 connector like the drakens.

RfdnC7B.jpeg

Here's where he talked about the connector on the Kairos: 

• 3 months later...

They're BOTH #09?   Is that correct, for them both being originally assigned (presumably) to plane #09?  Or they are a "matched set designed to be deployed in pairs", and so share the same number? Or is just Bandai being cheap/lazy?  

28 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Apparently, BigInJapan has them in and the package is heavier than they expected so I got another payment request for additional shipping charges -_-

Yeah, they do that on almost everything and they upcharge on shipping, that's why I stopped using them. They are reliable though.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Yeah, they do that on almost everything and they upcharge on shipping, that's why I stopped using them. They are reliable though.

Personally I think they do it on purpose to generate revenue. You cant be a toy vendor and constantly F up the shipping fees. Nin Nin has started to do it as well and the only thought I have is that the shipping company ups their rates between the time you pre order and the time it releases. 

The proxy I use doesn't charge for shipping upfront, but when I requested shipping for this item yesterday, the price was about a third higher than I expected, given its size. There might be some truth to the explanation that the item is heavier than expected, but based on what I've seen other MW members report over the past few years, BigInJapan seems to be known for big upcharges on shipping. It's why I won't use them.