Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

A56B04BB-DA71-4353-9D3F-432C0E5A079E.jpeg.de8181240ea00bde52161761e2ae7534.jpeg

Available again in May.  Preorder date on 2/5.

So how's the qc on the first batch?

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

So...Bandai showed at least 35 new Macross items at the Tamashii Nations event in November and they choose to spend time, money, and precious production slots on two Delta reissues instead of the new stuff. I already have both. Awesome. Thanks, Bandai. :good:

They really like the reissue dollar. I don't get it, but it seems to be part of their manufacturing schedule, or something. Of course they have the numbers in front of them. Perhaps there's a healthy demand . :unknw: 

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Hmm are we sure the Ghost is being re-issued? The first batch (PO started last 18 Nov) is scheduled to be out in May. Can't seem to find any info on PO being re-opened again.

I got the news from Facebook Macross Group. I recently checked P-Bandai site and it looks like what it says on the listing is the last day to preorder the set is on Feb 5, 2023, 11pm JST.

dx_vf31ax_superghost_preorder.jpg.7a1284d79115c79933d232dfbc86de0d.jpg

5 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

So...Bandai showed at least 35 new Macross items at the Tamashii Nations event in November and they choose to spend time, money, and precious production slots on two Delta reissues instead of the new stuff. I already have both. Awesome. Thanks, Bandai. :good:

Three reissues if you count the Hi Metal Regret VF-1J. Skipping all three so I guess that's more money for my next trip. :hi:

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I mean, I'm not gonna lie.

My bank account appreciates their decision.

Same here!

17 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

2q3.gif

8 hours ago, Bolt said:

They really like the reissue dollar. I don't get it, but it seems to be part of their manufacturing schedule, or something. Of course they have the numbers in front of them. Perhaps there's a healthy demand . :unknw: 

Or it could be someone in bandai got their projected sales numbers totally wrong. 🤣

This is catch-up time..🤣

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I got the news from Facebook Macross Group. I recently checked P-Bandai site and it looks like what it says on the listing is the last day to preorder the set is on Feb 5, 2023, 11pm JST.

dx_vf31ax_superghost_preorder.jpg.7a1284d79115c79933d232dfbc86de0d.jpg

A longer PO window for the initial release makes a lot more sense (it might have even closed and reopened? :unknw:). I just checked the purchase page as well  and am seeing the same thing:

image.png.e058244fda58cdbd15c4864f74ef7f01.png

On 12/11/2022 at 1:26 AM, 68whiskey said:

....  It still irks me that bandais QC is crap. I think Im done with round of 31AX planes & accessories.

^This. I have 2x VF-31AXs, the first release Hayate and Bogue - both have QC issues. I'm also done with the 31AX .... unless they release the sweet all grey version. Then I'll be Bandai's beeyotch again. LOL.

I thought we've known this for a while?  It makes sense for people who want the different loadouts.  By the time it releases you'll have the option of bare Valk plus three different suits.  It gives people options.  And they know the sales numbers for the supers and armors.  They can assume the numbers, and it looks like they have, for the drones.  I'm no fan of the AX mold unlike the original but being able to have one with Supers and Armor is a nice option to me personally.

Edited by Mommar

So I'm having some trouble understanding this cause I don't often buy the Tamashi exclusives that don't appear on the usual sites.

If I want to get the super ghost set, and I missed the original order time in November, is this saying I can order it again in February or that I can order it now until February? And for either case where and how, cause I certainly can't find it on any of the associated sites referenced on the Tamashi page for the product (if it's not available for order yet that makes sense but I want to be sure).

1 hour ago, Master Dex said:

So I'm having some trouble understanding this cause I don't often buy the Tamashi exclusives that don't appear on the usual sites.

If I want to get the super ghost set, and I missed the original order time in November, is this saying I can order it again in February or that I can order it now until February? And for either case where and how, cause I certainly can't find it on any of the associated sites referenced on the Tamashi page for the product (if it's not available for order yet that makes sense but I want to be sure).

You have up to 05 February to put in the PO.

Tamashii exclusive quantities are made-to-order. PO window remains open until a set closing date, or the set limit is reached. If the set limit is reached very quickly, Bandai usually opens another PO window the following week or so, for a new batch with a new delivery date. This is what happened for the 1/48 Strike packs. The initial batch sold out within a few days, and on following week Bandai re-opened PO for new batch for delivery a month or two after that initial batch.

Well that answers the first part... Now I just gotta figure out where to order it. I couldn't find it on my phone following links from the Tamashii site. 

I'll try to look again on PC later. 

Edited by Master Dex

6 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

Well that answers the first part... Now I just gotta figure out where to order it. I couldn't find it on my phone following links from the Tamashii site. 

You cannot order from the links provided from the tamashii website as premium bandai japan blocks ips/regions outside of japan from accessing their site. Youll need a vpn or workaround to bypass just to view. The links provided on the pbjp sites will not sell even if you are able to access the page.  They have extensive checks japan region issued credit card, mailing address etc. 

Youre better off with a 3rd party site like animeexport, etc. or middleman/proxy service.

17 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

What @PsYcHoDyNaMiX said. Some Jap stores list Tamashii exclusives, but the main ones like HLJ & Amiami don’t.

Try using proxies like Buyee or FromJapan. If using proxy, you’ll still need to provide the buying page link to them.

Up until fairly recently, we outside Japan could still view the buying page (although we can’t purchase directly), but now the page will not even show unless using a VPN or other browser extensions.

Still, I linked other preceding pages which has links to the actual buying page to my proxy, & naturally they could follow it through to purchase:

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14235/?wovn=en

Thanks @MKT and @PsYcHoDyNaMiX. I think I'd done this before cause I got the AX supers for Hayate but just totally blanked on how I went about it. I think I can figure it out now though. 

9 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

Thanks @MKT and @PsYcHoDyNaMiX. I think I'd done this before cause I got the AX supers for Hayate but just totally blanked on how I went about it. I think I can figure it out now though. 

Hey @Master Dex. If Anime-Export for example or other online stores that carries P-Bandai/Tamashii Web Exclusives are already sold out and P-Bandai JP order listing is still ongoing, the best way is to use some proxy sites like Buyee, FromJapan, Japan Rabbit (formerly White Rabbit Express), etc. Or better yet, if you have some relatives or friends in Japan, they can buy it and ship it to you once they receive it. :)

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @Master Dex. If Anime-Export for example or other online stores that carries P-Bandai/Tamashii Web Exclusives are already sold out and P-Bandai JP order listing is still ongoing, the best way is to use some proxy sites like Buyee, FromJapan, Japan Rabbit (formerly White Rabbit Express), etc. Or better yet, if you have some relatives or friends in Japan, they can buy it and ship it to you once they receive it. :)

Yeah after this conversation I remembered I used BiginJapan to get the Hayate supers and they had the ghost set for preorder (13k yen before shipping but I expected some upcharge) so I went ahead and used them again. 

15 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

Yeah after this conversation I remembered I used BiginJapan to get the Hayate supers and they had the ghost set for preorder (13k yen before shipping but I expected some upcharge) so I went ahead and used them again. 

I only order proxy every few years.  I forget the process every time. 😅

45 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I wonder how a naked Ghosts look like attached to the Kairos Plus. I know it wasn't featured in the movie but just curious to see it.

Yes, indeed. Mix and matching will make for some interesting looking  poses.

Edited by Bolt

21 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Yes, indeed. Mix and matching will make for some interesting looking  poses.

Too bad it didn't have the feature to have it mounted on the top of the Kairos. If it did, I already preordered one. ;)

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Too bad it didn't have the feature to have it mounted on the top of the Kairos. If it did, I already preordered one. ;)

I'm not sure they're exactly the same mounts.. but what if those ghosts mount on the same extensions they gave to the Messer 31 for mounting the drakens?  🤔

They probably wouldn't fit just from the different angles though.

On the other hand.. I wonder how hard it would be to make a custom adapter for the mission pod that would hold both the gunpod, and a drone on top.  Lots of possibilities there, I think. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

15 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm not sure they're exactly the same mounts.. but what if those ghosts mount on the same extensions they gave to the Messer 31 for mounting the drakens?  🤔

They probably wouldn't fit just from the different angles though.

On the other hand.. I wonder how hard it would be to make a custom adapter for the mission pod that would hold both the gunpod, and a drone on top.  Lots of possibilities there, I think. ^_^ 

Yup, I really don't think they're the same. If they are, then I already preordered one. It would be nice though if there is. ;) 

Edit: I checked again the images on both Kairos and the Super Ghost set. Since we didn't see any bottom photo of the Super Ghost that shows the area where the wing connector is, we can safely assume that the connector is built-in underneath the Ghost. If ever it is, we can assume that the connector can be used to attach on a 3D/custom 'bridge connector adapter' that can be connected to the holes on the side of the legs in Fighter mode.

1000181923_7_1000x.jpg.b1ce21bc68a96ce432ce48730ddc37da.jpg

10803881a12.jpg.45e41f7147c39c24f7174f5588eaf1c0.jpg

10803881a2.jpg.7ce2b06270bd0a652436ece28030d172.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I wonder how a naked Ghosts look like attached to the Kairos Plus. I know it wasn't featured in the movie but just curious to see it.

I have long thought that removing the nose extension and the boosters on the ends would look much better on the AX.

14 hours ago, Mommar said:

I thought we've known this for a while?  It makes sense for people who want the different loadouts.  By the time it releases you'll have the option of bare Valk plus three different suits.  It gives people options.  And they know the sales numbers for the supers and armors.  They can assume the numbers, and it looks like they have, for the drones.  I'm no fan of the AX mold unlike the original but being able to have one with Supers and Armor is a nice option to me personally.

I agree, because there are so many loadout options for this 31AX, it makes sense to reissue it. And the loadout options so far only have been done for Hayate's and not Mirage's or Bogue's. If I have gotten the Armor parts, I would likely bite on this re-issue. 

Finally got around to putting the armor parts on my 31AX, and I can't get the left arm gatling piece to stay on for the life of me. The QC on this thing continues to frustrate me. It's strange because the super part attachment worked fine? So it's definitely the armor part and not the attachment point, I think.

But yeah, I'm very much over the AX line. Think I might just put my AX Hayate back in storage and bring out my VF-31S instead.

1 hour ago, Rhubarbarian said:

Finally got around to putting the armor parts on my 31AX, and I can't get the left arm gatling piece to stay on for the life of me. The QC on this thing continues to frustrate me. It's strange because the super part attachment worked fine? So it's definitely the armor part and not the attachment point, I think.

But yeah, I'm very much over the AX line. Think I might just put my AX Hayate back in storage and bring out my VF-31S instead.

This is common.  Some have filed bits down.  Honestly, I just pushed really hard and it hasn't been a problem since.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Bandai would invite you to buy their upcoming reissue to see if that works out better for you :D.

Somehow I felt like I'd already pre-ordered Mirage's armor parts, and the relief I felt when I checked and saw that they hadn't even gone up for pre-order yet was immense. 😅

I'd probably need to file down the attachment on this part to get it to stay in, there's no amount of pressure that will keep it from popping back out pretty much immediately. I held off filing down the attachment points on the legs for my Hayate 'cause I feel like I'll just mess it up worse. Honestly, I like Mirage's more anyways and the QC is a little better on hers; I think I'll just store Hayate and leave Mirage out. I was hoping since the armor parts were a later release the QC would be better, but they seem to have backslid. It's just such a disappointing line.