Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

9 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Has anyone gotten their Hayate 31AX Armored set yet? I got mine today and put them on. They fit well enough, although I've only kept it in gerwalk mode so far.

The parts are identical to Arad's armored set as far as I can tell, except that the gatling guns on the arms no longer have that extra flip out panel on Hayate's version.

20221202_011229.jpg.6ee3714fac21808052f77c39eb4e7c2e.jpg

20221202_010001.jpg.1cf31a857c3508813d53696506c9c203.jpg

One thing I wanted to ask though is if anyone tried inserting the support piece for gerwalk/battroid that goes at the base of the weapons pod. It seems like it might scratch the decal off, so I didn't try pushing it in. Has anyone had experience with it?

You got yours!?!  I haven't been e-mailed about them being available yet.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for sharing, @ArchieNov. :good: 

I remember @chriswoo mentioned AX wings are thick compared to 31 so the old Armored's Booster didn't work. Can you tell if the clip for it esp the gap is thicker this time around on the new set? Also, would you say that the shoulder part where the winglet is inserted, the clips behind it is the same on the 31AX's? Coz those two areas, aside from the arm Gatling panel, I believe are the concerns whether it will fit from 31 to the 31AX.

Thanks! :hi:

Oh sorry, I was only referring to how they looked on the outside when I said they were pretty much identical aside from the gatling panel.

I didn't try switching the armored sets around. But the winglet armor of the 31AX might not fit securely of the smaller winglet of the 31 since the clip that holds on to the wing is a pretty precise fit. I assume that it'll be loose if you tried placing it on the old 31.

Edited by ArchieNov

50 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Oh sorry, I was only referring to how they looked on the outside when I said they were pretty much identical aside from the gatling panel.

I didn't try switching the armored sets around. But the winglet armor of the 31AX might not fit securely of the smaller winglet of the 31 since the clip that holds on to the wing is a pretty precise fit. I assume that it'll be loose if you tried placing it on the old 31.

Thanks @ArchieNov. No worries. It's all good. :good: 

I only asked because some members are asking if one will fit the other. Atleast now I will know what to answer if ever since I didn't ordered the 31AX Armored Set. So I'm only basing it to images and videos online. I'm only guessing what can be used from 31 to the 31AX. So it's nice to have confirmation from members who already has it. Thank you sir! :drinks:

2 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

Nope, I have crickets from them too.

To compound maters my tracking from BIJ showed it hitting the Chicago customs center three days ago......then showing that the label had been created and it hasn't even shipped yet. Apparently mine teleported back to JP.  Is it lost somewhere in the system now? Who knows.:unknw:

Tracking.jpg.f5a15dc2e6dd95c7af083d4c5c3ecd73.jpg

My best guess is that it's sitting in Customs at the Chicago airport mail facility. I wouldn't trust the "Origin Post" entry from USPS. I can take a week or more to clear Customs, regardless of entry point. In my limited experience, Chicago tends to be faster than Los Angeles, but who knows these days. :unknw:

Nothing like taking a sleek fighter and slapping a bunch of crap on it until it looks like a flying brick. :good:

Not that I necessarily dislike the armor packs, but yeah it looks more like something that belongs in the Gundam universe with its slower turn-based combat system. :D

Edited by Lolicon

On 12/3/2022 at 5:43 PM, Alphahorizon said:

Mine from HG doesn't even show as being shipped at all as of yet. But I did order the Destroid Tomahawk from them, and that arrived.

Okay so it has been over a week and absolutely no response from Hobby Genki regarding my request to ship the armor set. Man I was hopeful they would be good and prompt. I gave them a courtesy reminder that no response will force me to dispute the transaction. :blink:

Is anyone else having fitment issues with their Armored Parts set? I have a Hayate 31AX from first batch pre orders , the Gatling guns do not fit the underside of the wing/folding arm cover at all. They fit the folding wing tip slot but not the arm cover slot.  I really don’t want to open my second plane to display these. The tabs that mount to the wing look a little thicker than normal and the instructions are sub par and only show the mounting instructions for Gerwalk mode

HG already has a note that they are moving and to expect delays on shipping and CS. With the holidays on top, constantly barraging them with emails and threats is just going to compound the problem. I mentioned this back with NY and other shops but either have some patience or just take action to get your money back if it has been beyond a reasonable time given the circumstances. Any business that is experiencing difficulties for any reason is just going to get worse if people don't leave them alone and give them time to do their jobs. There is similar talk going on now with the domestic retailer Dorkside and there is a great podcast that just came out with responses from people at the shop that say this exact thing... just leave them alone or if you must send something, send one email and leave it at that. If you can't deal with it, then just secure your stuff elsewhere and start getting your money back from them.

On 12/3/2022 at 4:43 PM, Alphahorizon said:

Mine from HG doesn't even show as being shipped at all as of yet. But I did order the Destroid Tomahawk from them, and that arrived.

I received a "Prepation"email  alert yesterday, whatever this mean :)

20 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Is anyone else having fitment issues with their Armored Parts set? I have a Hayate 31AX from first batch pre orders , the Gatling guns do not fit the underside of the wing/folding arm cover at all. They fit the folding wing tip slot but not the arm cover slot.  I really don’t want to open my second plane to display these. The tabs that mount to the wing look a little thicker than normal and the instructions are sub par and only show the mounting instructions for Gerwalk mode

Hey @68whiskey. Assuming you're not the same user who posted this on Facebook. It looks like you're not the only one who has the Gatling Guns hard points problem. He trimmed it a little to make it fit. Hope that helps.

Big Ole beefy boi! My only issue is the galling guns do not hold very well to the hard points on the arms. Had to trim them up a little to make them fit, but they still don't "clip" in like the armaments on the VF-171 or YF-19. Outside of that, these parts are AWESOME!

12 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Are the blue missile pod covers on Hayate's VF-31AX painted this time or are the same coarse, bare plastic like on Arad's VF-31S Armor Parts?

Painted. You can check the video I posted above from 1:25 if you hand't yet.

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Painted. You can check the video I posted above from 1:25 if you hand't yet.

Thanks. I noticed the video above but I find it hard to spot what something really is or judge its quality in a video. Especially viewing it on my phone. :mellow:

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Thanks. I noticed the video above but I find it hard to spot what something really is or judge its quality in a video. Especially viewing it on my phone. :mellow:

No worries. This is the first time I found out too that the inside covers were painted. ;)

On 12/6/2022 at 2:20 PM, 68whiskey said:

Push hard enoug and they stay on.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:03 PM, no3Ljm said:

Hey @68whiskey. Assuming you're not the same user who posted this on Facebook. It looks like you're not the only one who has the Gatling Guns hard points problem. He trimmed it a little to make it fit. Hope that helps.

I dont have facebook so thats not me. I had to sandpaper them down a bit. It still irks me that bandais QC is crap. I think Im done with round of 31AX planes & accessories. 

On 12/8/2022 at 7:40 AM, Mommar said:

Push hard enoug and they stay on.

What a marvelous idea! i wish i would have thought of that before modifying the guns

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MKT said:

I thought that they teased this last year, but wasn’t it alluded to that it would be a combo set with either fast packs or armor set combined with the Valkyrie with hopefully improvements to the VF-31AX mold?

Twich