Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

I ordered two sets. I’m wondering if they’ll have landing gear. I hope so. That was at least one cool gimmick with the Lil-Drakens.  I always wished that Luca’s drones had landing gear so they could be displayed without stands. 

1 hour ago, Chunky001 said:

Big In Japan just soaked me for another 1,750 yen for shipping for the Armor Parts.:diablo:

What was retail in Yen on them again? I'm 27,900y into them now.

So on top of their already-super-inflated shipping prices, they hit you for another ¥1750? Not cool. That's the whole point of paying up front for shipping. I'm definitely never ordering from them. I thought Jungle and Mandarake Complex shipping prices were bad, but this is some next level stuff....

Yes, shipping has really gotten out of hand, I can easily drop $40-50cdn FedEx/DHL shipping on a new Valk and another $40-$50cdn on Brokerage, Customs & Duties - it can be 50% the cost of the toy nowadays!  Just crazy, I think this Pandemic/Supplychain issues have just let the corporations the perfect excuse to pump up their profits horrendously in all facets of life.  Toys are going to be my number one area to cut back on when a bag of 10kg rice was $16.99cdn last year and now its 7kg (in the same 10kg bag!) for $29.99cdn!!!

Sorry I digress, but yes, the shipping is REALLY painful nowadays.

2 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Yes, shipping has really gotten out of hand, I can easily drop $40-50cdn FedEx/DHL shipping on a new Valk and another $40-$50cdn on Brokerage, Customs & Duties - it can be 50% the cost of the toy nowadays!  Just crazy, I think this Pandemic/Supplychain issues have just let the corporations the perfect excuse to pump up their profits horrendously in all facets of life.  Toys are going to be my number one area to cut back on when a bag of 10kg rice was $16.99cdn last year and now its 7kg (in the same 10kg bag!) for $29.99cdn!!!

Sorry I digress, but yes, the shipping is REALLY painful nowadays.

That's plain awful. I moan about the shipping costs being up to $60, but I'm thankful I don't have to deal with customs and duties on top of that. 

Rising fuel costs and high inflation really sucks.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

may i ask OLD armored parts the orange one 

Can it use with 31-AX ?

I’m not 100% sure. But based on what was changed between a 31 and a 31AX DX figures, the parts from the 31 Armored Pack which are, the shoulder, arm, wing boosters, might need some customizing to be able to mount it properly onto the 31AX. The rest, I think it will work out just fine. Hope that helps. :good: 

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I’m not 100% sure. But based on what was changed between a 31 and a 31AX DX figures, the parts from the 31 Armored Pack which are, the shoulder, arm, wing boosters, might need some customizing to be able to mount it properly onto the 31AX. The rest, I think it will work out just fine. Hope that helps. :good: 

thank you 

hope someone review and test it  ><!

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

thank you 

hope someone review and test it  ><!

No worries. If you have the 31 Armor Set, you can compare it to the review video above posted by @enphily. See what was changed. ;) 

From what I can tell based on the videos for now, the 31 winglet slots will not fit the 31AX, due to the fact that the winglet is bigger on the 31AX. 31AX armor part removed the folding panel that 31 has. Hence unless you customized the 31 armor by removing it. Wing Boosters on the other hand, can’t tell at this point. If both 31 and 31AX have the same length where the wing folds in Battroid mode, then I assume it will work. Just my 2 cents observation. :good: 

But yeah, let’s wait what others will say it. :hi:

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No worries. If you have the 31 Armor Set, you can compare it to the review video above posted by @enphily. See what was changed. ;) 

From what I can tell based on the videos for now, the 31 winglet slots will not fit the 31AX, due to the fact that the winglet is bigger on the 31AX. 31AX armor part removed the folding panel that 31 has. Hence unless you customized the 31 armor by removing it. Wing Boosters on the other hand, can’t tell at this point. If both 31 and 31AX have the same length where the wing folds in Battroid mode, then I assume it will work. Just my 2 cents observation. :good: 

But yeah, let’s wait what others will say it. :hi:

Thx you again for your analysis ^^ 

39 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Thx you again for your analysis ^^ 

You’re welcome! :hi:

But guess what? I started remembering the same discussion that I had with 31 Armors on 31AX. I backtracked Page 31. Hope that helps for now. :good: 

2 hours ago, Angesdad said:

One armored set preordered from Hobby Genki months ago but I have not heard any updates from them yet. First time buying from them, are they solid? Anyone with positive experience?.🤔

I got my VF-1D from them and they were great!  Good packing and fast (shipping pricey but its all been that since the Pandemic)

7 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i saw it  as you recommended 

chriswoo said 

well i tried it before and it doesn't work as the AX wing is thicker than usual VF-31

Cool! Are you initially planning on using the 31 Armor set to the 31AX? Seeing that it might not fit everything without customization, are you planning on getting the 31AX Armor?

Me, on the other hand, didn’t. I only want the Armor for Mirage so it’s a wait and see for me if Bandai going to release it. ;) 

Seeing that Bandai is notorious on not finishing a line. Assuming that Arad’s 31AX will get released, what do you guys think the chances that its Armor Set will also get made even though it wasn’t featured in the last movie? Zero? I mean Bandai didn’t made his 31 Supers even though it was in the series. So I’m just curious with his color coordinated Delta Movie Armor. Hehehe. :lol: 

56 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Seeing that Bandai is notorious on not finishing a line. Assuming that Arad’s 31AX will get released, what do you guys think the chances that its Armor Set will also get made even though it wasn’t featured in the last movie? Zero? I mean Bandai didn’t made his 31 Supers even though it was in the series. So I’m just curious with his color coordinated Delta Movie Armor. Hehehe. :lol: 

Yeah, I would say zero chance. They don't even bother making the stuff that does show up, much less things that never do 😛

Also, there's not even any art of it in the booklet that came with the Zettai Live blu-ray. It shows all 5 with supers on, but only Hayate, Mirage, Chuck, and Bogue 31's have armors in the booklet. So maybe with the supers, but no armor for Arad. Would have to get one of the other 31AX armor sets and paint the accent color to match his supers if an Arad version is desired.

On 11/28/2022 at 4:15 AM, no3Ljm said:

Cool! Are you initially planning on using the 31 Armor set to the 31AX? Seeing that it might not fit everything without customization, are you planning on getting the 31AX Armor?

Me, on the other hand, didn’t. I only want the Armor for Mirage so it’s a wait and see for me if Bandai going to release it. ;) 

i think i won't buy it ... may be i will buy bogue one ^^

On 11/27/2022 at 3:07 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

Yeah, I would say zero chance. They don't even bother making the stuff that does show up, much less things that never do 😛

Also, there's not even any art of it in the booklet that came with the Zettai Live blu-ray. It shows all 5 with supers on, but only Hayate, Mirage, Chuck, and Bogue 31's have armors in the booklet. So maybe with the supers, but no armor for Arad. Would have to get one of the other 31AX armor sets and paint the accent color to match his supers if an Arad version is desired.

On 11/27/2022 at 3:51 PM, Chronocidal said:

I've given up on Bandai ever completing anything at this point.  I picked up some used 31 packs for cheap a while back so I had something to repaint in Chuck's and Arad's colors. :p 

Thanks guys! :drinks: That's what I figured after watching the movie. I don't think there will be an Armored Set for Arad's. Let alone his 31 Super Parts. I already gave up on Bandai regarding Delta Valks. I just don't understand the way they prioritize Bogue's units. The Elvis Draken I think deserves more to get made than his. Oh well. :unsure: 

8 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i think i won't buy it ... may be i will buy bogue one ^^

:good: 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks guys! :drinks: That's what I figured after watching the movie. I don't think there will be an Armored Set for Arad's. Let alone his 31 Super Parts. I already gave up on Bandai regarding Delta Valks. I just don't understand the way they prioritize Bogue's units. The Elvis Draken I think deserves more to get made than his. Oh well. :unsure: 

:good: 

I didnt understand that either. No one asked for Bogue. I was expecting Chucks 31E or Arads before bogue. Not too sure why Bandai did that... then again , bandai doesnt listen to their customer base anyway. 

5 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

I didnt understand that either. No one asked for Bogue. I was expecting Chucks 31E or Arads before bogue. Not too sure why Bandai did that... then again , bandai doesnt listen to their customer base anyway. 

They're actually invested on Bogue's VA too. A quid pro quo probably? :spiteful:

1 hour ago, MKT said:

When I look at these Ghost pics again, attached to the 31AX fighter I'm suddenly reminded of this ancient arcade game, one of the first games I played as a kid:

Whoa. Looks like the raiden shoot-em-up had been influenced by it somehow. 
The crater's especially!

Googling, i dont read any connection's between the two shoot-em ups...

Has anyone gotten their Hayate 31AX Armored set yet? I got mine today and put them on. They fit well enough, although I've only kept it in gerwalk mode so far.

The parts are identical to Arad's armored set as far as I can tell, except that the gatling guns on the arms no longer have that extra flip out panel on Hayate's version.

20221202_011229.jpg.6ee3714fac21808052f77c39eb4e7c2e.jpg

20221202_010001.jpg.1cf31a857c3508813d53696506c9c203.jpg

One thing I wanted to ask though is if anyone tried inserting the support piece for gerwalk/battroid that goes at the base of the weapons pod. It seems like it might scratch the decal off, so I didn't try pushing it in. Has anyone had experience with it?

Edited by ArchieNov

6 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Has anyone gotten their Hayate 31AX Armored set yet? I got mine today and put them on. They fit well enough, although I've only kept it in gerwalk mode so far.

The parts are identical to Arad's armored set as far as I can tell, except that the gatling guns on the arms no longer have that extra flip out panel on Hayate's version.

20221202_010001.jpg.1cf31a857c3508813d53696506c9c203.jpg

One thing I wanted to ask though is if anyone tried inserting the support piece for gerwalk/battroid that goes at the base of the weapons pod. It seems like it might scratch the decal off, so I didn't try pushing it in. Has anyone had experience with it?

Thanks for sharing, @ArchieNov. :good: 

I remember @chriswoo mentioned AX wings are thick compared to 31 so the old Armored's Booster didn't work. Can you tell if the clip for it esp the gap is thicker this time around on the new set? Also, would you say that the shoulder part where the winglet is inserted, the clips behind it is the same on the 31AX's? Coz those two areas, aside from the arm Gatling panel, I believe are the concerns whether it will fit from 31 to the 31AX.

Thanks! :hi:

Edited by no3Ljm

7 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

I haven’t found much pics I liked for Armored on both the 31S or the 31AX, but I think this one in Gerwalk looks nice. :good:

Perhaps it’s the angle here plus the colors are better coordinated this time around compared to the older 31S.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I remember @chriswoo mentioned AX wings are thick compared to 31 so the old Armored's Booster didn't work. Can you tell if the clip for it esp the gap is thicker this time around on the new set? Also, would you say that the shoulder part where the winglet is inserted, the clips behind it is the same on the 31AX's? Coz those two areas, aside from the arm Gatling panel, I believe are the concerns whether it will fit from 31 to the 31AX.

I tried this as well, and the thicker wing and different hinge meant the old armored boosters wouldn't attach to my 31AXs.  The clip to go around the tail would need to be enlarged.

I am curious if they made it adjustable so it will still attach to the regular 31s though.

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I tried this as well, and the thicker wing and different hinge meant the old armored boosters wouldn't attach to my 31AXs.  The clip to go around the tail would need to be enlarged.

I am curious if they made it adjustable so it will still attach to the regular 31s though.

Thanks @Chronocidal! :good: I would assume the canard's winglet armors cannot be reused to the 31AX? Due to the fact that the winglet is bigger than the 31's. I know 31AX have different slot under the armor so I have a feeling that 31AX winglet armor can fit 31 rather than 31 to the 31AX(?). Can you confirm if you get a chance as well?

Thanks! :hi: