Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I haven't opened any of the super parts or Bogue's 31AX. After watching the 2nd Delta movie recently... I'm even less motivated to open them. :p

I'll buy the Ghost and throw it on the pile of unopened Delta toys.

I'll probably toss them on my Mirage 31AX, even though they're supposed to go on Hayate's. My Hayate already has the super parts on it, which in true Bandai fashion were released right before the Ghost announcement, meaning that we'd already committed to a set of accessories for a specific valk and now here comes another set. If they're only available as some kind of Full Set Pack reissue of Hayate, I'll pass.

7 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I'll probably toss them on my Mirage 31AX, even though they're supposed to go on Hayate's. My Hayate already has the super parts on it, which in true Bandai fashion were released right before the Ghost announcement, meaning that we'd already committed to a set of accessories for a specific valk and now here comes another set. If they're only available as some kind of Full Set Pack reissue of Hayate, I'll pass.

Have you seen the film?  You're better off leaving them off, they spent more screen time as their own fighter.  Plus they look terrible on the AX as well.

Edited by Mommar

29 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Have you seen the film?  You're better off leaving them off, they spent more screen time as their own fighter.  Plus they look terrible on the AX as well.

I have seen it, and you're right. I thought I'd at least try them on and see how they look, but they might be staying on little stands next to my Hayate and Mirage AXs, which is what I did with my Messer 31. He's sporting the super parts in Fighter mode and I have the Lil Drakens flying in formation next to him.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

@Mommar is right: I don't think I'll be able to put these on either of my AX valks. I'll just leave them on their own stands, flying in formation with my Hayate AX. They look nice on their own.

Agreed. Plus these seem like they would cause a lot of stress and fatigue on the wing joints. 

5 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

@Mommar is right: I don't think I'll be able to put these on either of my AX valks. I'll just leave them on their own stands, flying in formation with my Hayate AX. They look nice on their own.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I think they would look better on the Valk without all of the additional parts attached.

I'm in for a set. :spiteful: Hope someone here will do some custom clip once it gets release to mount the Ghost on top in Fighter mode. :rolleyes:

So these drones are Pre-Order tonight?!?! (nothing in the pre-order thread!)  Its Nov 18th @10am Tokyo time which is Nov 17th @8pm EST for those of us in Canada/US in eastern standard time?  I thought they were usually at 4pm which is 2-3am our time depending on DST.  Are these going to be easier to order (made to order) or a bitch?  Usual suspects like HLJ, AmiAmi or someone more exotic?  I'm pretty excited about these, they look pretty cool for drones, I guess it doesn't matter they are both "09" and the markings don't change whether they are paired with any of the planes?

Hey will any of this be available on Amazon.com / US?

Edited by wm cheng

15 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

So these drones are Pre-Order tonight?!?! (nothing in the pre-order thread!)  Its Nov 18th @10am Tokyo time which is Nov 17th @8pm EST for those of us in Canada/US in eastern standard time?  I thought they were usually at 4pm which is 2-3am our time depending on DST.  Are these going to be easier to order (made to order) or a bitch?  Usual suspects like HLJ, AmiAmi or someone more exotic?  I'm pretty excited about these, they look pretty cool for drones, I guess it doesn't matter they are both "09" and the markings don't change whether they are paired with any of the planes?

Hey will any of this be available on Amazon.com / US?

It's Tamashii Web Exclusive so it's thru P-Bandai channel.

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's Tamashii Web Exclusive so it's thru P-Bandai channel.

@no3Ljm sorry for old timers like me, what is P-Bandai channel?  Web exclusive means they will make as many as ordered?

57 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

@no3Ljm sorry for old timers like me, what is P-Bandai channel?  Web exclusive means they will make as many as ordered?

No worries, Mr Cheng. ;) 

Yes, web exclusives (P-Bandai.com), like you mentioned they will make it as many as ordered. But since it's P-Bandai release, it can only be ordered thru some stores and not from known online retail stores (like HLJ, AmiAmi, etc.). So be sure to check at Anime-Export, BigInJapan, Nin-Nin-Games, etc during PO night. For everyone's convenience, just check the PO thread for this upcoming products. :good: 

6 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

PO'd.

And I don't even have a 31AX...

btw, I've heard there's announcement of Hayate 31AX re-release next year. Is that true? I skipped Macross DX news for the past year and missed tons of pre-order.

3 hours ago, ridgeback said:

PO'd.

And I don't even have a 31AX...

btw, I've heard there's announcement of Hayate 31AX re-release next year. Is that true? I skipped Macross DX news for the past year and missed tons of pre-order.

Yes, it's true. :good: 

On 7/27/2022 at 7:58 PM, Anasazi37 said:

Bandai just announced that there will be a reissue of the Hayate in 2023 and...drum roll...they're making a Ghost set for it:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/1626483/

85af1cec35b33db2dcdfad455e07b720_w11LPPJWOYE2arDUmdtz0h9RJiF2VHqU-440x660.jpg

49a0e312281d7326980c37c5462adb30_C5op1jpUjPz8nIpq7sEKJJ3ALEMXSRb1-440x660.jpg

6 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

AE just opened up POs for the Ghost Set:

https://www.anime-export.com/index.php?product=62727

Their price is within one dollar of what I paid through my proxy service, so it's not a bad deal.

Oh man. I really don't know if I really need one. I only want it to be able to attach it on top of the Fighter mode. But seeing there's a lot of announcements outside of Macross, I'm thinking of just alloting my budget for those. Oh well. :unsure: