Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

53 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Oooh, I am a sucker for grey and orange!

Looks like it sir. :good: We just need to wait and see until tehy show us a prototype to distinguished which shade of grey they go for on the toy. ;) 

vf31ax_superghost.jpg.ea53cb42a1211ac44a1f6009bff4b538.jpg

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Can't achieve this cocktail of setup unless you got both the armor set and the upcoming ghost of course. Well played Bandai, well played.:crazy:

That's why I was hoping that if it can be mounted on the back, I would like to get a pair since I didn't order Hayate's armor. I'm already happy with the Supers.

Now I wonder if we can drill a hole to it so we can attach it to 31's Pod connectors? VF-31AX Kairos with Super Part and Ghost. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's why I was hoping that if it can be mounted on the back, I would like to get a pair since I didn't order Hayate's armor. I'm already happy with the Supers.

Now I wonder if we can drill a hole to it so we can attach it to 31's Pod connectors? VF-31AX Kairos with Super Part and Ghost. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

You want to mount boosters to your boosters so your going faster goes faster? :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

You want to mount boosters to your boosters so your going faster goes faster? :lol: 

now thats going to be..........

mel-brooks-spaceballs.gif.5e41433d71d044369d4f855316659216.gif

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. Why not? I rather have that Super Ghost on the back than the Rectal Thermometer. :rolleyes::lol:

Wow if you manage to pull it off thats certainly going to be a SUPER VALK ie All booster valk.

That would be a sight to behold...

36 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Wow if you manage to pull it off thats certainly going to be a SUPER VALK ie All booster valk.

That would be a sight to behold...

We'll see since I'm not so sure if I'm going to get the Super Ghost. I'll decide once they show actual photos. :good: 

On 8/31/2022 at 10:52 PM, Mommar said:

The drones look pretty cool on their own.  I'd get them and have them flying flank to the Valk instead of attaching them.

That would be great, I hope they come with their own stands!

On 6/13/2022 at 8:06 AM, Sokeijon said:

Finally received my super parts. It's very tight and hard to snap-in the wings onto the super parts (in red). And it's very loose on the green. Keep falling while installing them.

IMG_20220613_225206.jpg

Can anyone provide any tips on how to connect the wing clips to the legs (area in red)? I am unable to connect these at all - making fighter mode with the 31AX super parts floppy and unstable. I've tried my best ti fiddle with the legs and bending them slightly at the knees (like the VF-1) but no luck. TIA. 

56 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Can anyone provide any tips on how to connect the wing clips to the legs (area in red)? I am unable to connect these at all - making fighter mode with the 31AX super parts floppy and unstable. I've tried my best ti fiddle with the legs and bending them slightly at the knees (like the VF-1) but no luck. TIA. 

Bandai somehow managed to screw up their molds between the normal 31s and the AX releases.  The tabs don't fit.  Only real solution is to file them down smaller until they seat properly.

It's unfortunate that things haven't really seemed to improve in the two subsequent releases and that the QC issues that a range of people experience seem to vary quite a bit.

Other than the wing pegs that go into the legs, which I fixed myself, everything else on my Hayate pegs in pretty well and I don't have the low hanging arm guns. My Mirage was a bit more of a mess. A part of the right wing was separated out of the box and won't stay together. The arm block that the guns are attached to won't stay pegged-in in fighter mode, The wing pegs still won't stay pegged into the legs. Probably more issues that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

They need to tighten the arms more also. They can't hold up the weight of the gunpod... not that I would try to have it held in hand since the shape of the gunpod and the handle doesn't work with the design of the hands and arms and even the fixed pose hand barely works. Even then, it can't physically hold the gun straight because the gunpod and the arm would have to physically occupy the same space. Such a bad gunpod design, but not truly Bandai's fault for that.

1 minute ago, Bolt said:

Loving it :good:

Translated..20C9D2C5-CC62-40FC-AD8D-E7CFAD16CE4B.jpeg.ef24aa2b499514f4eef0eb650b6c2a1e.jpeg

Likely get this Ghost just for itself.. It's a good thing I don't like the look of it being attached to VF-31AX, otherwise have to get the Armored set too, which I skipped, just for the overhead cannons.

42 minutes ago, MKT said:

Likely get this Ghost just for itself.. It's a good thing I don't like the look of it being attached to VF-31AX, otherwise have to get the Armored set too, which I skipped, just for the overhead cannons.

I'm now considering on getting one (if the set comes with 2 Ghosts) and drill a hole underneath to replace the rectal thermometer in Fighter mode for both Hayate's and Mirage's 31AX. :good: 

40 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

At 20 cm, does that make it even bigger than the QF-2200D?

My impression was that the QF-2200D was big for a ghost drone, but not as big as that.  I don't feel like digging mine out to measure.

I just measured the QF-2200D in front of me. It is 21.5cm from nose tip to booster, with wingspan of 20cm.

On 9/11/2022 at 4:02 AM, ValkAddict said:

Sorry for the late reply. I slowly and used some forces to push into the peg. I was actually worried might accidentally snap it off.

On 9/11/2022 at 1:12 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

It's unfortunate that things haven't really seemed to improve in the two subsequent releases and that the QC issues that a range of people experience seem to vary quite a bit.

Other than the wing pegs that go into the legs, which I fixed myself, everything else on my Hayate pegs in pretty well and I don't have the low hanging arm guns. My Mirage was a bit more of a mess. A part of the right wing was separated out of the box and won't stay together. The arm block that the guns are attached to won't stay pegged-in in fighter mode, The wing pegs still won't stay pegged into the legs. Probably more issues that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

They need to tighten the arms more also. They can't hold up the weight of the gunpod... not that I would try to have it held in hand since the shape of the gunpod and the handle doesn't work with the design of the hands and arms and even the fixed pose hand barely works. Even then, it can't physically hold the gun straight because the gunpod and the arm would have to physically occupy the same space. Such a bad gunpod design, but not truly Bandai's fault for that.

Among all the Kairos Plus I have, the best problematic free is Bogue one.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my VF-31AX Bogue and Mirage units and I have to say that the QC on Mirage is the best one out of the three VF-31AX I own.

It is funny that everything about the VF-31AX is worse compared to the VF-31; even the packaging is worse.

Yet the one negative thing on the VF-31, the missing hinge in the fingers, to enable them to make a fist or grab the gun naturally,  is still present.

Edited by Scyla

On 9/13/2022 at 5:15 AM, Sokeijon said:

Sorry for the late reply. I slowly and used some forces to push into the peg. I was actually worried might accidentally snap it off.

Belated thank you. I am able to connect the wind pegs into the legs, but they don't stay connected, thus making the legs (and overall fighter) just too damned loose. :( Frustrating.

On 9/25/2022 at 6:52 AM, ValkAddict said:

Belated thank you. I am able to connect the wind pegs into the legs, but they don't stay connected, thus making the legs (and overall fighter) just too damned loose. :( Frustrating.

I am sorry to hear this. Probably can try out the kiky fix loose joints. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, betocc said:

Are the Super Parts for VF-31AX Kairos-Plus compatible with any of the new 31AX's? Like the Mirage or Bogue.

It should be. The only difference between each 31AX is the head design. And by looking on the Super Parts promo pics, there's nothing that touches the head area. So you're good. :good: 

image.jpeg.e1fc8b7bf80e97ad4bad61e3625f6e78.jpeg