Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

6 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Yes I do because Bandai sold them separately. 1 or the other depending which has more screen time. 

I usually leave it B mode. 

But yes I don't see the point of leaving 1 set of the add ons in the box while the other is displayed. As I'm not a completist I would rather channel the money into other stuff. 😄

I get what you are saying. We were just helping you “get the point” of having options. Part of the fun of playing with toys to me is transforming them, switching out accessories, posing them, swooshing and pewing, etc. 

12 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

I understand. Unfortunately I need to make a choice due to financial constraints. Otherwise I would probably have 3 of every Valk to display all 3 modes. 😂

Now you’re getting somewhere. Plus another set for each type of accessory you can put on it. 🤣

11 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Bandai just announced that there will be a reissue of the Hayate in 2023 and...drum roll...they're making a Ghost set for it:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/1626483/

49a0e312281d7326980c37c5462adb30_C5op1jpUjPz8nIpq7sEKJJ3ALEMXSRb1-440x660.jpg

^ Apologies for my ignorance as I haven't seen the latest Delta film. Is this Ghost a drone that will sit on top of the VF-1JAX (like for the VF-0A in Macross Zero) or just a separate Ghost drone like in Frontier for Luca’s RVF-25? TIA.

10 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

^ Apologies for my ignorance as I haven't seen the latest Delta film. Is this Ghost a drone that will sit on top of the VF-1JAX (like for the VF-0A in Macross Zero) or just a separate Ghost drone like in Frontier for Luca’s RVF-25? TIA.

It will be attached to the wings, similar to how the Lil Draken drones attached to the SV-262..

46486AB4-C551-49CF-8743-2783C3B4AAC4.jpeg.85b4264d3e599d1022128df47f8a7d66.jpeg

The question is will the Drones also come with the Armor Cannons since it appears to always be depicted with those as well or will you be forced to buy two different sets of parts in order to complete the look?  (It's Bandai, we know the answer.)

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

The question is will the Drones also come with the Armor Cannons since it appears to always be depicted with those as well or will you be forced to buy two different sets of parts in order to complete the look?  (It's Bandai, we know the answer.)

Imagine if they also sell the pair of ghost separately at 50 bucks each 🥶

7 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

Oh look, the one with the fixes.:rofl:

image.jpeg

What are the odds , i literally called this within the first week of seeing all the problems people had with this figure. I said that they would fix the problems and make us buy another 

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Based on the last image that I posted, it says to achieve that spec, aside from Hayate's VF-31AX, you also need to have the Armored Part Set for the Rail Cannon. So yes, as Bandai have put it, we have to buy two different sets to achieve it. :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of the rip-off X-Wing/Starfighter look so I'll pass the Super Ghost Set. 8)

It’s a good thing those cannon’s are no different from the Armor Part set’s. If they are another unique design, I can see Bandai pulling off another Malibu Stacy and make it available only with a base valk reissue just like the 31J with Speakerpods.

In fact, plot twist: Perhaps the Ghosts only comes with the announced 31AX reissue as a bundled set.  :p

58 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

No where did it say there will be fixes. This will probably be a straight reissue.

No, it will contain the mold changes that were made to the Bogue version. There’s zero point in not using the newer molds, that’s assuming they even made new molds rather than modifying the old ones.

It’s not like they have a bunch of old Hayate AX valkyries sitting around to sell, they need to make the new parts.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

They look cool on their own, but the concept just seem silly to me. Using the ghosts as boosters, but then putting boosters on your boosters. Seriously?

Next we'll have gunpods that shoot out smaller gunpods that shoot. 😁

Oh Bandai just wants to over-rice Macross valks like they're continuously over-ricing their Gundam suits...

:D

3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

They look cool on their own, but the concept just seem silly to me. Using the ghosts as boosters, but then putting boosters on your boosters. Seriously?

Next we'll have gunpods that shoot out smaller gunpods that shoot. 😁

Maybe some Simpsons fans working for Bandai. 

Those look Super Ghosts look ok, I'll bite for one (though I get the booster on the booster thing :P)  Are they specific to each Valk / colour variations or do you think they are generic and can fit on any AX Valk?

4 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Those look Super Ghosts look ok, I'll bite for one (though I get the booster on the booster thing :P)  Are they specific to each Valk / colour variations or do you think they are generic and can fit on any AX Valk?

I think they're just generic. The lineart below shows the Super Ghost with number 09 on Hayate's 05. And there's no hint of the same Hayate blue color too. :good: 

image.jpeg