Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

3 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

Soo beside the different chest and booster mold. 
The guns also using different connection and missing arms armor (well its now integrated on the valk itself).

Appearance wise its the same as arad one.

2 hours ago, Rein+ said:

The guns also using different connection and missing arms armor (well its now integrated on the valk itself).

I kinda think the chest is actually the same. The upper shoulder piece in the 31AX isn't folded down like the older 31S, likely due to the larger canards now. But yeah.. most other parts are outwardly similar. This recolor looks better than the old one, but is it enough to be excited for...? :unknw:

3 hours ago, Rein+ said:

The main gun cannon will probably going to use the same connector that attaches to the folding underside of the wing on the side of the arm. The previous 'arm armor' are connected to the gun cannon portion via hinge. All they need to do is remove the hinge where the arm armor is connected and it still going to attached to the arm the same.

7 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That blue looks a little off. I was never that excited about Bandai’s color shenanigans but that color is throwing me off 😂 

I don't believe it's Bandai's.

This, I think, is probably more of Tenjin's. 

:ph34r:

53 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

VF-31AX Hayate Armored Parts

16000 JPY

Release date:  November 2022

Preorder:  June 24, 16:00 JST

Release on November....

so fast, well they just print previously available mold with little modification to some parts after all.

11 minutes ago, Rein+ said:

Release on November....

so fast, well they just print previously available mold with little modification to some parts after all.

so presale is tomorrow night (here in the states)?  i thought original graphic stated tonight.  16:00 jst 06.23   no?image.jpeg.f2f0f1e3211d4f85de65a51ff4a04243.jpeg

Edited by orbitalharvest

1 hour ago, orbitalharvest said:

so presale is tomorrow night (here in the states)?  i thought original graphic stated tonight.  16:00 jst 06.23   no?image.jpeg.f2f0f1e3211d4f85de65a51ff4a04243.jpeg

6月23日情報公開 means June 23 information announce. And today announced June 24, 16:00 Japan time for preorder.

1 hour ago, orbitalharvest said:

so presale is tomorrow night (here in the states)?  i thought original graphic stated tonight.  16:00 jst 06.23   no?

The date actually pertains to when additional information will be release. Which is today, Japan time.

I honestly do like how some of the individual parts look.  The big gatling guns, the dual cannon pod, the boosters...

Just not all at once. :p   I really prefer mixing and matching bits of this armor set with the regular super parts.  The giant legs and shoulder packs on this one just make it too chonky to deal with.

6 hours ago, Rein+ said:

So... for bootster parts the used the same connection as the new super parts.

but doesn't this make the connection weaker than the old clamp method?

Did they?  I can't see enough of the joint to tell how those are even mounted yet.  They still mount on top of the wings like the old VF-31 packs, so maybe they only adjusted the boosters to allow for the different wing shape?  You can see they moved that lower thruster farther forward so it wouldn't collide with the longer wingroot spike thing.

8 hours ago, Rein+ said:

So... for bootster parts the used the same connection as the new super parts.

but doesn't this make the connection weaker than the old clamp method?

How about we watch some @jenius VF-31 Armored Parts review to check and analyze how the old Booster attached to the VF-31 via clamp and clips. And see if the old one can be used to the VF-31AX and vice-versa. ;)

Start the tape at 10:03.

22 minutes ago, chriswoo said:

well i tried it before and it doesn't work as the AX wing is thicker than usual VF-31

Thanks for sharing, @chriswoo. If that's the case, then it means the bottom pull-out clip section of the 31AX Booster has been changed for this release.

We can now safely assume that what it fits from the VF-31 Armored Parts to the VF-31AX is the legs, thigh, intakes, crotch, and probably chest if there's some enough clearance towards the fold crsytal section, and the rail cannon. Shoulder armor can be used if the clip placement of the armor fits on the new wing design. Arm rail cannon needs to remove the hinge connection to the attached arm armor in order to attach the peg connector to the side arm.

The only problem with having a single 31AX is that with this armor I don’t get the unique Super Parts look however I like having the color coordinated armor.  No disposable funds for buying multiples anymore.  Hmm…

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Did they?  I can't see enough of the joint to tell how those are even mounted yet.  They still mount on top of the wings like the old VF-31 packs, so maybe they only adjusted the boosters to allow for the different wing shape?  You can see they moved that lower thruster farther forward so it wouldn't collide with the longer wingroot spike thing.

It still has to clamp over the wing.  If they were smart they’d just use both and make it an even better connection, though the over wing clamp was already the best held on booster of any Macross release.

My spectulation that the attachment booster for AX armor pack is using the same method as AX super pack. if that the case the AX booster might be compatible with the previous VF -31 series only if you have the  lildraken set extension part. that means most of the AX armor pack are able to use on previous VF-31J with same color scheme armor pack except borrow the chest and shouder part from VF-31S. 

IMG_20220607_213745.jpg.d332f3d9942b8ac66747a1f859c24920.jpg

IMG_20220607_213257.jpg

Edited by chriswoo

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 12:48 PM, 68whiskey said:

Get the "Fix Loose Joints" by Kiki on ebay. The legit stuff works and saves your from sanding/filling joints. The mystery black bottle with no logo is a waste of money. I just recently had to use this stuff on my KO MB Gundam Wing and my MB EVA 01 

Got my Kiki today and applied on my Yamato SV-51 Nora's folded wing. The result is amazing! Thanks for recommending such a good tool.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at in that set of pictures.. did they yank the missile pods off of the booster packs and mount them... somewhere else?  I don't see the boosters at all, just the extended missile pods from the VF-25 tornado packs. :blink: 

Maybe he painted them black, and that's what the RMS missiles are mounted to?  It's really hard to tell.  I think I can see a little bit of the boosters there, but it's really hard to see how they're attached.  I tried mounting the armored boosters on the 31AX, and they didn't fit, so he might have modified them to attach.

Anyone whom already watched the movie can enlighten if super parts or armour parts has more significant screen time? Am deciding between 1 of the 2 to get. Don't see the point to get both when I only have 1 AX

Edited by eXis10z

14 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Anyone whom already watched the movie can enlighten if super parts or armour parts has more significant screen time? Am deciding between 1 of the 2 to get. Don't see the point to get both when I only have 1 AX

So you have options?

12 hours ago, Mommar said:

So you have options?

Yes I do because Bandai sold them separately. 1 or the other depending which has more screen time. 

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha yeah. It’s almost like saying “I don’t get the point of a figure that can transform into three different modes when I can only display one at a time”. 

I usually leave it B mode. 

But yes I don't see the point of leaving 1 set of the add ons in the box while the other is displayed. As I'm not a completist I would rather channel the money into other stuff. 😄

Edited by eXis10z

4 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Yes I do because Bandai sold them separately. 1 or the other depending which has more screen time. 

I usually leave it B mode. 

But yes I don't see the point of leaving 1 set of the add ons in the box while the other is displayed. As I'm not a completist I would rather channel the money into other stuff. 😄

It's not a matter of being a completionist.  I've found many times over the years my taste for the various looks changes.  So sometimes I like to have the base Valk on the shelf.  I might see a picture or watch the show and decide I want it with supers or with armor.  And back when I shared your philosophy I found a few times I would kick myself when I didn't buy the armor because I'd revisit the look and wish I had that option.

Edited by Mommar