Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

9 hours ago, Sokeijon said:

Also, one of the nozzles is loose and will come off easily. I've lost one small nozzle from my VF-31F super parts last time without noticing.

Β 

IMG_20220613_230844.jpg

So for the plane we need to sand it down and the with the super parts we need to add glue.

Way to go bandaiπŸ˜’

22 hours ago, Rein+ said:

So for the plane we need to sand it down and the with the super parts we need to add glue.

Way to go bandaiπŸ˜’

To be honest I haven't had a loose nozzle on any of my 31 super parts, old or new.

57 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I can never tell with these things. Is it a web exclusive?Β 

Β 

Since all add-on sets up to this point have been web exclusives there is a high possibility that this one will be too.

Looks good. Why the orange missile covers though?

Ugh.. I'll be curious to see what changes they have to make to the boosters to mount on the AX.. and whether they made the ratchets on those missile packs better.

I'll probably grab one, but just to be a completionist.Β  I think Arad's was almost as much as the valk itself. :pΒ 

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

I can never tell with these things. Is it a web exclusive?Β 

As a general rule, if you see this stylized "魂ウェブ商店" ("Tamashii Web Shop") Japanese characters anywhere in the image banner and description, it's a web exclusive (P-Bandai) release.

tamashii_web_logo.png.d6933c77d15245b28ae90c8a8942cc68.png

Β 

On 6/16/2022 at 9:09 PM, enphily said:

FVYEGpcaUAAepgI?format=jpg&name=medium

Other than the differing mounting points due to different base valk, I’m trying to see what are the main design Β differences between this AX Armor and the older 31 Armor.. the various cannons, booster pods, missile hatches are the same, no?

On 6/15/2022 at 3:13 AM, Sokeijon said:

Mine easily pop off. Just one nozzle, the bigger one with ball joint. The rest are fine.Β 

Get the "Fix Loose Joints" by Kiki on ebay. The legit stuff works and saves your from sanding/filling joints. The mystery black bottle with no logo is a waste of money. I just recently had to use this stuff on my KO MB Gundam Wing and my MB EVA 01Β 

Super parts came in. They definitely make the valk feel whole again. Draw the eyes away from the gaps.

Luna Park packaged it well enough but the JP shipper box was torn to hell from local postage labels being torn off. Not a big deal for me since my primary concern is having it to protect the main box, which it does. Again had to email them to get the package moving at all. I'd call LP a coin toss right now. Won't be doing another PO with them.

With that being said, I do really enjoy these super parts a lot. Mine fit pretty tight to the 31AX and can be handled without a lot of care. They aren't as tight on my lil draken adapters but they work as long as the boosters are the last part you touch/put on.

Glad I was able to get this release but the Siegfrieds beat the pants off the Kairos AX for quality.

Β 

16 minutes ago, Sokeijon said:

Nice display you have there, mate. Where can I get the same display stands like yours? Looks like custom made to me.

Those are YetiStands made by ChaoticYeti. He's had to stop making them for now I think due to time constraints with his day job and probably other factors.Β 

39 minutes ago, Sokeijon said:

Nice display you have there, mate. Where can I get the same display stands like yours? Looks like custom made to me.

Β 

20 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Those are YetiStands made by ChaoticYeti. He's had to stop making them for now I think due to time constraints with his day job and probably other factors.Β 

Yeah, they're officially unobtanium now.:(

12 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Is anyone else having fitment problems with their 31Ax super parts in fighter mode?Β  I can't get the front air intakes to both stay attached to the body no matter what I do.Β Β 

On mine, the one for the right leg snapped on just fine, but the one for the left kept popping off. Very tight fit, I guess. Had to press down on each side in just the right way, when attaching it, for it to stay in place. It popped off a few times while I was putting the rest of the parts on, so I waited until everything else was attached, put it back on, put the valk on its stand, and now just hope I don't accidentally bump it when moving other items around on the shelf.

11 hours ago, Magnus said:

Is anyone else having fitment problems with their 31Ax super parts in fighter mode?Β  I can't get the front air intakes to both stay attached to the body no matter what I do.Β Β 

Both of mine are okay. Same as bro Anasazi37,Β popped off a few times while installing. But now it stays firmly. Applied some force to snap-in.