Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

On 1/19/2022 at 11:09 PM, kkx said:

Thanks for the heads up.

They did just send me a notice that my items is now shipped (at least I have a tracking number).

Technically not my 31AX PO, but I just got my DHL tracking # from them as well so it looks like they are getting orders out faster than they said to expect when I last spoke to them. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey long time Mecha! I'm closer to Philly, in NJ but moved down from Bergen. Missed going over your place when you were in Jersey City. You still in Queens? 

Yeah, i only recently came on last week bc i finally got out my macross stuff that i had in storage. 

I'm still on the fence for these new AX lines but still waiting to watch the delta movie before going in for a pre-order on a Mirage 

I lived in Bergen Co for most of my life. Small world. If y'all ever stop into Gundam Planet tell them the Idolmaster figure guy says hi. They left me sweet nothings on my last few orders I placed with them since I moved. I used to live walking distance from them when they were in Pal Park. Hopefully they can get Macross items in now but they've also been weak on the MB/DX items. They're kinda outta the way in Hackensack now but close to White Manna if you need to make a trip out of it

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

Luna Park said they sent mine via DHL but with a note that it may take a while for tracking to reflect this... which is of course, curious. I guess I'll be patient... some more. 

They've been really communicative with me but it seems there is a lot of bad blood people have with them and Nin-Nin. I'm hoping it's all just due to the clusterfrakk that is shipping anything these days. I made my cautionary post about Nin-Nin but it seems that once again they are doing right be me. Doesn't take away from others' experiences with both but I would hate to see N-Y 2.0.

I'm looking forward to your video on it despite the issues we've all had. Still enjoying my 31AX but I'm a big fighter mode guy so I'm looking forward to my 31J Speaker to have on the walkure stand. I'd rather not fight with all the fiddly bits of the 31AX every time I want to transform it. I'm spoiled by the VF-1s and YF-29s I have.

DHL moved really fast for me on the 31AX. Typical 3-ish days once the package actually was with DHL and not just in 'Shipment Details Received'

Little bit of good news on my end, I'm not terribly anxious to get my backup 31AX order, so I'd been holding my questions to see how Luna Park delivers.  They just messaged me about my copy shipping out via DHL, so while they have taken a bit to get around to it, glad to see they're delivering without me pestering them. ^_^ 

Nin-nin responded to my ticket about when my order would ship by sending me a $20 additional shipping charge.  I had bought it on their first release round so got it at retail and also used some rewards points so I can't complain too much but this is a pretty shady move on their part.

Edited by ps99042

I'm sure this is just beating a dead horse but for what Bandai is charging for these nobody should have to make modifications in order for the toy to work properly.  I'm kinda glad I didn't have a chance to pre-order it now.  Hopefully the Mirage is better.

On 1/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, jenius said:

Luna Park said they sent mine via DHL but with a note that it may take a while for tracking to reflect this... which is of course, curious. I guess I'll be patient... some more. 

That's what they said when they give me my tracking ID. But when even after more than 1 week i still can't search them. When i asked them about it they say the tracking should be valid today (when they replied my email) or 3 day later. The status on japan post is showing "Posting/Collection" the next day.

So... my take on this is they probably havent shipped the order even after they give us tracking id.
Keep ask them about it, on other site the tracking ID is usually valid on the next day.

Edited by Rein+

I was still not happy concerning the mis-aligning canons issue.

So here what I did : sanding again, little by little, and check the result each time.

It is long but I managed to get quite a good result.

On the first pic, you can see were I did the sanding.

ssdand001.jpg

ssdand002.jpg

right001.jpg

left001.jpg

final_left.jpg

final_right.jpg

2 hours ago, manfred17 said:

I was still not happy concerning the mis-aligning canons issue.

So here what I did : sanding again, little by little, and check the result each time.

It is long but I managed to get quite a good result.

On the first pic, you can see were I did the sanding.

ssdand001.jpg

ssdand002.jpg

right001.jpg

left001.jpg

final_left.jpg

final_right.jpg

Hey that looks pretty good!

That does help.  I think the root problem is that those arm panels are so hard to slide.  If they actually reach the position they're supposed to, everything lines up pretty well, but they love sticking, and there's no really any good way to grip them.

Edited by Chronocidal

Sorry if this not the right section to post this, but to add to the conversation about LunaPark. 

I just ordered a VF-1S through them a couple days ago. Got an email saying it shipped, through japan post.

Though the tracking number they provided  is saying item not found when I try and track on the japan post website, does it take awhile to show up on japan post? I just emailed them (LP)  about it but have not gotten a response yet, is this normal or should I be worried?

I noticed some of you guys used them so I thought they would be reliable but now I am paranoid I got scammed. 

looking at the pictures that people are posting of the rail guns on their toys, it seems that there is even more tampo printing on this release as opposed to the VF-31 Siegfried toys they released.  Is the amount of tampo printing significantly increased?  The new details make this toy even more desirable to me now.  Thanks!

Twich

24 minutes ago, twich said:

looking at the pictures that people are posting of the rail guns on their toys, it seems that there is even more tampo printing on this release as opposed to the VF-31 Siegfried toys they released.  Is the amount of tampo printing significantly increased?  The new details make this toy even more desirable to me now.  Thanks!

Twich

I’d say it is similar but yeah probably a bit more. To be honest there was a lot on the 31, and it does feel Bandai is paying attention, except for the QC…

9 hours ago, Macrossfan92 said:

Sorry if this not the right section to post this, but to add to the conversation about LunaPark. 

I just ordered a VF-1S through them a couple days ago. Got an email saying it shipped, through japan post.

Though the tracking number they provided  is saying item not found when I try and track on the japan post website, does it take awhile to show up on japan post? I just emailed them (LP)  about it but have not gotten a response yet, is this normal or should I be worried?

I noticed some of you guys used them so I thought they would be reliable but now I am paranoid I got scammed. 

LunaPark is definitely not a scam, it's a legit store. Check back in a couple days.

On 1/22/2022 at 8:29 PM, Chronocidal said:

That does help.  I think the root problem is that those arm panels are so hard to slide.  If they actually reach the position they're supposed to, everything lines up pretty well, but they love sticking, and there's no really any good way to grip them.

Can you not apply some silicon lubricant to make the panels slide a little easier? - I am afraid I might have to deal with it when I do get a Mirage... 

10 hours ago, Macrossfan92 said:

Happen to me for my VF-31AX order they send me the tracking ID but only actually shipped it once i asked them again after one week waiting update on japan post.

This is my first experience with them too and i consider this is a bad starting experience.

16 hours ago, Macrossfan92 said:

I've gotten my stuff and and I know from messaging LP that depending on how it's shipped and where it's going it might be a week or so for the carrier you paid for (EMS/DHL/Fedex) to have the item from the local post or less-than-truckload carrier. The issue people are having with Luna Park is that after the first few POs went out (like mine) it seems that they had bought some 31AXs from Amazon.co.jp resellers and shipped them (with the Amazon receipt in the sleeve around the two boxes). Items still received for the price paid but that is kinda sketchy.

Seems some people are still waiting for Nin Nin Game POs as well but they also are having delays in shipping items. They finally shipped my DX VF-31J Speakerpod/Fold Projector/Fauld Projector/etc ver + Lil Drakens after about 8 or so business days but I didn't PO either I bought them as in stock items for like 20 bucks over converted MSRP. I had thought it was gonna drag out longer but maybe it would have if I didn't stay on top of them, same with LP. My LP order was also made without a LP account so I had asked them to bind the order to it, which they said they couldn't so I was starting to get worried there but it looks like they did credit me points for their points program thing for the order without my asking. I have kept my PO with Luna Park for the 31AX super packs given everything so far but that will be my last chance for them to keep my business. I missed all the POs for the services I know and trust like HLJ and KuramaToys.

Been a hectic release for sure. All in all it's still a good toy but you're left to wonder about the small stuff with the prices we are paying.

3 hours ago, last_raven said:

I've gotten my stuff and and I know from messaging LP that depending on how it's shipped and where it's going it might be a week or so for the carrier you paid for (EMS/DHL/Fedex) to have the item from the local post or less-than-truckload carrier. The issue people are having with Luna Park is that after the first few POs went out (like mine) it seems that they had bought some 31AXs from Amazon.co.jp resellers and shipped them (with the Amazon receipt in the sleeve around the two boxes). Items still received for the price paid but that is kinda sketchy.

I guess, but if they're getting me the item for price paid I don't really care how they source it, unless they're using child soldiers or something. Anyway I got my tracking on 1/17, today it's in Chicago on its way to me with USPS.

11 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Can you not apply some silicon lubricant to make the panels slide a little easier? - I am afraid I might have to deal with it when I do get a Mirage... 

I wouldn't want to even try and get anything like that on the plastic, honestly.  The panels fit so tightly, there's really no gap to get the lube into, and the slides themselves are completely covered.

1 hour ago, Rein+ said:

And with some failed quality control from bandai on top of it.

877356341_WhatsAppImage2022-01-25at5_25_26PM.jpeg.4b7c7be2beb9dbfb255c025518fa33ea.jpeg

AND SOME MISSING/BROKEN PART TO ADD TO MY MISERY.

image.png.6c84da47771532bec4e694bcd8109cf7.png

Holy crap. I've had packages arrive from Hong Kong and Guangzhou in better shape than that, even after being pierced through somewhere along the way. I'd hit them up for a refund, which they'll undoubtedly deny, and then take it to the payment processor and/or your bank. If you paid with paypal you have a good chance of getting some money back.

2 hours ago, last_raven said:

Holy crap. I've had packages arrive from Hong Kong and Guangzhou in better shape than that, even after being pierced through somewhere along the way. I'd hit them up for a refund, which they'll undoubtedly deny, and then take it to the payment processor and/or your bank. If you paid with paypal you have a good chance of getting some money back.

If you do a chargeback though you will most likely be banned from their site. 

4 hours ago, Rein+ said:

1362574203_WhatsAppImage2022-01-25at5_25.27PM(2).jpeg.f3b673a9c5236ba809fb3593dcf50c12.jpeg

Sorry dude, that's bad. That'd be a package heavily damaged on Mandarake..but then you've just purchased supposedly a brand-new one from a retailer, not a second hand market. That is not a great buying experience. I have a preorder with LP and they need to get it together rather than take advantage of our passion. 

Sorry to hear about your figure, @Rein+. It's best you file a claim about this. Even if I'm not a big pristine box collector, seeing the item arrived like that is unacceptable. Esp after LP released that 'sorry and we're going to make it right' video. And what added to the injury is that they letting the customer know that it was bought from Amazon.

7 hours ago, Rein+ said:

So... my order from Luna is arrived with some sad story.

it come with amazon box in beated up condition.118323376_WhatsAppImage2022-01-25at5_25.27PM(4).jpeg.a0d8e6355693ab1121a188275a0b4d5c.jpeg

1167064201_WhatsAppImage2022-01-25at5_25.27PM(3).jpeg.738b4b5b608f0151c4f6f334239e0053.jpeg

And not adequate padding/protection.

that is like one piece paper, Luna Park trying to keep shipping costs down. 

I think i feel safer with ebay store sabrinaskimpy, they at least used an extra piece of tissue paper on the outside of the box:unsure: