Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

My Luna Park order still seems to be through DHL as they told me a week ago when I asked but I haven't seen updates. Maybe they changed it and that's why the tracking is showing nothing new. That said I'm not particularly worried. Worst case is it arrives without me knowing exactly when.

1 hour ago, Master Dex said:

My Luna Park order still seems to be through DHL as they told me a week ago when I asked but I haven't seen updates. Maybe they changed it and that's why the tracking is showing nothing new. That said I'm not particularly worried. Worst case is it arrives without me knowing exactly when.

I ordered from LP and emailed them yesterday asking when they expected DHL to have the packages. I explained I understood Holiday closures etc as my sister lives in Yokohama and frequently has major delays in getting holiday packages out and they told me DHL should have the package within a week and that they had started getting orders mailed that day. If I remember correctly they Japan Post it to DHL so that's why we are seeing shipment info received and no updates as DHL only has the freight and customs details and not the parcel. I ordered from them many years ago when they were only an ebay seller and never had issues between like 2017 and 2020 on metal builds and DX. They get the benefit of the doubt from me right now but I am gonna stay on them because I've already PO'd the super parts from them and don't plan on getting burned. I am always too slow to make HLJ pre-order waves T_T

3 hours ago, kkx said:

Anyone who order at NinNin hears from them yet?

I hope this will not turn into another NY.

I haven't specifically ordered the AX from NinNin but I have ordered a few Valks from them now. I had a horrible first experience with my YF-19 Full Set but they got it to me eventually and were very apologetic even though the two months of delays I had were due to issues with the carrier and not them mailing the package late/not mailing it. Since then I have managed to snag several items at or close to preorder pricing from them (such as the Roy VF1 and most of my YF-29s) and they have shipped in-stock items very fast. I think all us gaijin are getting the shaft right now on pre-orders with all the international logistics kerfluffles going on behind the scenes. Hope this helps put you at ease.

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

I got my tracking too. They sent it EMS opposed to DHL (which everything I have gotten in the past from them has been shipped) which ticks me off a little. Dealing with my Post Office sucks.

Ordinarily I’d agree but this past year DHL keeps “accidentally” sending every package to the wrong location.  This time it took them ten days to find it.  This is what showed up, totally soaked through too.

257A606F-63E4-46B7-848F-1418A73064CA.jpeg.26c7d3aa00b6a2aedea115f435fed813.jpeg

47EC2CF9-7D53-4394-ACCE-E21A79F50114.jpeg.b4e374e2f09cec5a223f533e13030001.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, last_raven said:

I ordered from LP and emailed them yesterday asking when they expected DHL to have the packages. I explained I understood Holiday closures etc as my sister lives in Yokohama and frequently has major delays in getting holiday packages out and they told me DHL should have the package within a week and that they had started getting orders mailed that day. If I remember correctly they Japan Post it to DHL so that's why we are seeing shipment info received and no updates as DHL only has the freight and customs details and not the parcel. I ordered from them many years ago when they were only an ebay seller and never had issues between like 2017 and 2020 on metal builds and DX. They get the benefit of the doubt from me right now but I am gonna stay on them because I've already PO'd the super parts from them and don't plan on getting burned. I am always too slow to make HLJ pre-order waves T_T

Thanks for the info, that explains a lot. Just gotta continue to be patient I guess. I have to go through this with Mirage as well lol. Ah well, I don't need to be the first to get these figures really.

38 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Ordinarily I’d agree but this past year DHL keeps “accidentally” sending every package to the wrong location.  This time it took them ten days to find it.  This is what showed up, totally soaked through too.

I'm sure it'll buff right out. :blink:

47 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Given the rates we are paying for DHL/UPS vs EMS is there no recourse/package insurance with DHL for damages to the parcel? That's pretty gnarly. I'd rather sit and wait for EMS and postal service if DHL has gone the way of FedEx

5 hours ago, kkx said:

Anyone who order at NinNin hears from them yet?

I hope this will not turn into another NY.

I got mine last week. Packaged well.

On 1/4/2022 at 8:26 AM, Alphahorizon said:

THanks ! I purchased a second one

18 hours ago, Mommar said:

Anybody heard from LunaPark yet?

People are still shopping with them after that "Premium Shipping BS" they tried to pull?

27 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

People are still shopping with them after that "Premium Shipping BS" they tried to pull?

What's the story on that "Premium Shipping BS" first I've heard anything

3 hours ago, last_raven said:

I haven't specifically ordered the AX from NinNin but I have ordered a few Valks from them now. I had a horrible first experience with my YF-19 Full Set but they got it to me eventually and were very apologetic even though the two months of delays I had were due to issues with the carrier and not them mailing the package late/not mailing it. Since then I have managed to snag several items at or close to preorder pricing from them (such as the Roy VF1 and most of my YF-29s) and they have shipped in-stock items very fast. I think all us gaijin are getting the shaft right now on pre-orders with all the international logistics kerfluffles going on behind the scenes. Hope this helps put you at ease.

Good to hear your experience. I have not deal with them before, feeling a bit nervous. Will be patient for a while. Hopefully will see some action soon.

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

Mine still shows no change in status? I wonder if they get enough stock. Still good to know that at least one person is getting this shipped.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Holy crapballs that's terrifying. I think I live just a little bit north of you (nice adobe, BTW) and haven't yet seen that kind of damage on DHL purchases delivered by the post office, but now I'm worried. My worst experience with DHL has been the Daigrugger that I ordered from AJ. DHL put the wrong address on the USPS forwarding label and it ended up in a completely different part of town. I was able to talk the postmaster into giving me the ZIP+4 where it was delivered (after getting the tracking number from DHL) and I then drove around and left a note at every house in that area asking for the recipient to call me. I got a call a few hours later, thank goodness.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

it's technically still MSIB minus the M:unsure:

damn sorry that happened to you

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Holy crapballs that's terrifying. I think I live just a little bit north of you (nice adobe, BTW) and haven't yet seen that kind of damage on DHL purchases delivered by the post office, but now I'm worried. My worst experience with DHL has been the Daigrugger that I ordered from AJ. DHL put the wrong address on the USPS forwarding label and it ended up in a completely different part of town. I was able to talk the postmaster into giving me the ZIP+4 where it was delivered (after getting the tracking number from DHL) and I then drove around and left a note at every house in that area asking for the recipient to call me. I got a call a few hours later, thank goodness.

I didn't expect the Adobe fireplace would get a shout out.  No compliments on the tree from Mora?

Luckily that was the Mafex Brown Suit Wolverine and despite massive crumpling/water damage to the packaging the contents actually survived.  But if it were a Bandai/Arcadia Valk?  It would have sounded like I got a box of Lego's.

8 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Is there anyplace I can still order the super packs that is a fair price?  What is that fair price nowadays BTW? (I was away on holidays :()

BiginJapan still has theirs open.  They have been reliable for me in the past.

https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/26577-macross-delta-dx-chogokin-vf-31ax-kairos-plus-hayate-immelmann-super-parts-set-.html

It is the same price that I paid for mine at Anime Export (10800y)

On 1/4/2022 at 8:11 PM, wm cheng said:

Same here, I ended up trying a few more times and I noticed I got 6 emails about receiving my order.  I hope I didn't buy 6 copies!  I haven't received any further emails from AE yet.

yeah, i haven't heard back.  they have my super parts on my orders page, but not the valk.  i'm about to abandon and go with another option.  i emailed them them again describing the problem, but no response.  it's also now sold out on their site.  ah well, they had my money! ;)

5 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

BiginJapan still has theirs open.  They have been reliable for me in the past.

https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/26577-macross-delta-dx-chogokin-vf-31ax-kairos-plus-hayate-immelmann-super-parts-set-.html

It is the same price that I paid for mine at Anime Export (10800y)

Not anymore. They raised the price to 11800. 

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure why people are upset with this video. Maybe I am missing something. Seems like a pretty accurate depiction of how packages are handled lol. I'm not terribly concerned with resale value or completeness of the packaging so long as contents arrive alright. Especially with the VF-31AX having foam tray I am gonna have to replace the foam tray ASAP to keep it from yellowing over time

1 hour ago, last_raven said:

I'm not sure why people are upset with this video. Maybe I am missing something. Seems like a pretty accurate depiction of how packages are handled lol. I'm not terribly concerned with resale value or completeness of the packaging so long as contents arrive alright. Especially with the VF-31AX having foam tray I am gonna have to replace the foam tray ASAP to keep it from yellowing over time

We have to respect that some members here want their boxes pristine and immaculate due to the price they're paying for its collectibility and resale value down the line.

And as for the incident it's mostly happened in the DX VF-1D thread on how it was shipped:

19 hours ago, Mommar said:

I didn't expect the Adobe fireplace would get a shout out.  No compliments on the tree from Mora?

Luckily that was the Mafex Brown Suit Wolverine and despite massive crumpling/water damage to the packaging the contents actually survived.  But if it were a Bandai/Arcadia Valk?  It would have sounded like I got a box of Lego's.

That is a very nice tree ^_^. Driving most of the way to Angel Fire to get it shows some serious dedication to the holidays.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Do LunaPark Usually print out shipping labels and then not bother sending them for a week+?

That was my experience. I’m surprised they haven’t asked anyone for additional shipping fees as they have increased their shipping pricing. 

5 hours ago, last_raven said:

Especially with the VF-31AX having foam tray I am gonna have to replace the foam tray ASAP to keep it from yellowing over time

What's this? Foam packing material yellows over time? Or it'll yellow bare plastic it touches over time? Or...?

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

What's this? Foam packing material yellows over time? Or it'll yellow bare plastic it touches over time? Or...?

I believe the theory is that styrofoam will gradually let out gases over time that will contribute to yellowing.  Always depends on many factors, but this is why I've kept my styrofoam-packed valks wrapped in plastic as well.  Who knows if that'll help any, but it can't hurt. :huh: 

There's also the chance it will damage painted surfaces with prolonged contact.

Always make sure there's plastic wrap between your valk and the cheap styrofoam containers that Bandai has reverted back to using. Make sure no part of your valk is touching the styrofoam.

10 hours ago, last_raven said:

They are already charging questionable prices. I looked at them for shipping on a valk and they wanted $50 already. To pay an extra fee monthly is setting a dangerous precedent. The shipping service we used to get prior to this scamdemic is now being re sold to us . This is the same BS ideal that got us those " Rewards Points" you are now seeing, you pay for an item and you get rewards (which are already factored into the price) and only good for that store.  

The other downfall is the "Priority Customer" list. If you ordered on day 1 of pre sale and arent a premium member , you could get bumped down to the second batch and wait longer.  Your "priority" on the list is also contingent on how much you spend with them. 

If you are ok with this , then go ahead, pay for premium, help the girls make their cocktail bar tour videos at our expense.