Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

23 minutes ago, 100mega said:

I guess I'm sort of asking about things I don't understand so sorry if it was confusing. I am personally trying to decide if I want the Hayate one with the fold projector or the new Hayate AX one. The shape of the planes looks pretty different to me like W-shape vs a diamond shape and since this AX, the diamond shaped one, is like the previously released Kairos I guess I was wondering is if people prefer one style of design over the other since the older Kairos has been out in the wild. I guess the transformation of each is pretty similar and the different wing shape is just throwing me off.

No worries. I was also trying to see if I understand it correctly. ;) 

To answer your question, I think there’s a big group of members here that liked the delta winged plane instead of an inverted one (W) like YF-19/VF-31. There’s also a big group of members here that preferred that low-visibility look of the 31A.

Even if I didn’t PO Hayate’s 31AX, I actually prefer that color scheme over his previous 31J. Which in turn I also prefer his 31J Kai scheme over the 31J.

If you like the blue and black scheme and delta wings, then I suggest you go with the new 31AX. Unless you like the old 31 design with its inverted wings, then I suggest you get the 31J Kai. But just so you know that the Fold Projection was just offered in the recent re-released of the original 31J if you’re also after that as well.

Hope that helps you decide which one to pick. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

11 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Dear Bandai...

Your stands SUCK. 

Sincerely,

EVERYONE.

:rolleyes:

All of these talk abt stands and me noticing bandai's new mic-stands.

1000165303_1.jpg.61d15590e04e9a7bc38fb6dff662e216.jpg.5c3815570a11e3873b25f4f86a864023.jpg

Make that mic stand arm transparent, add a macross kite in the middle so it seems to be floating, and then mount a valk above it!!

sigh...wouldnt think anyone here would attempt it in 3D print eh..

3 hours ago, 100mega said:

I guess I'm sort of asking about things I don't understand so sorry if it was confusing. I am personally trying to decide if I want the Hayate one with the fold projector or the new Hayate AX one. The shape of the planes looks pretty different to me like W-shape vs a diamond shape and since this AX, the diamond shaped one, is like the previously released Kairos I guess I was wondering is if people prefer one style of design over the other since the older Kairos has been out in the wild. I guess the transformation of each is pretty similar and the different wing shape is just throwing me off.

Yep, the transformation of all of those are almost identical. (AX has flip out arm covers that the others don’t.) So it’s pretty much personal preference.

So... Anyone know when these actually ship? I just see December 2021.. and well.. here we are! Just would like an idea of what days to expect.

2 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

So... Anyone know when these actually ship? I just see December 2021.. and well.. here we are! Just would like an idea of what days to expect.

From previous page:

On 11/26/2021 at 1:37 AM, no3Ljm said:

467448234_Screenshot2021-11-26013516.jpg.0bf0cc85f145159c794d5409993cc3a1.jpg1469030619_Screenshot2021-11-26013730.jpg.f5144b83ce8d1e17d225a0be3180733b.jpg

Ok, thanks. Can be hard going through missed pages in these threads.

Right when I'm out of town too.. will have to see what I can do once it's shipped I guess.

4 hours ago, Master Dex said:

Ok, thanks. Can be hard going through missed pages in these threads.

Right when I'm out of town too.. will have to see what I can do once it's shipped I guess.

You're welcome! I didn't PO Hayate's 31AX but atleast I can get to see everyone's purchase first so I know what to expect on my Mirage's 31AX PO. ;) 

Lol, I did both cause I have no control. But I never got a Hayate or Mirage in the first series (I have a 31F Messer and the 31A) so there's that. The real problem is I need more display space.

Also Max's 29 is gonna tempt me. Might sell something lol.

38 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

Lol, I did both cause I have no control. But I never got a Hayate or Mirage in the first series (I have a 31F Messer and the 31A) so there's that. The real problem is I need more display space.

Also Max's 29 is gonna tempt me. Might sell something lol.

Why need a display space when you can get all the Valks. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, weiser21 said:

Will it be a global release?

It’s P-Bandai (TWE) release. Not sure if other P-Bandai region will have it. 

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Will they finish up issuing the super packs for the older VF-31 (I want Chuck's) or have they moved on and only doing the movie stuff now?

Sad to say it looks like it’s going to take awhile or never for them to finish or release Chuck’s and Arad’s Supers. It’s the first time I completed a squadron and it’s incomplete without the other 2 Supers.

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It’s P-Bandai (TWE) release. Not sure if other P-Bandai region will have it. 

Sad to say it looks like it’s going to take awhile or never for them to finish or release Chuck’s and Arad’s Supers. It’s the first time I completed a squadron and it’s incomplete without the other 2 Supers.

Yeah, sad to say it's probably just never happening.  I bit the bullet and bought some lower-priced second-hand Hayate and Messer supers to use on those two.  If I'd been thinking more clearly, I would have looked for Mirage's so I got extra reaction missiles with them, but Messer's and Hayate's would probably be less work to cover if I decide to repaint them.

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Damn, I didn't want this until I saw the packs...

Same here. I didn't PO the Valk, but I'll probably PO the Super Packs just in case I will be able to get the Valk later. That blue and black is growing on me now. ;) 

9 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Noooooo.  I was hoping for more generic greys to be able to service more VFs more readily. 

I was going to order many more sets right out the gate.

Way to cock-block sales Bandai.

Wait for Arad's Supers if they're going to produce his 31AX. It's black and greys. That is, assuming that Bandai is going to release Arad's new Supers since they haven't release his old Supers. :rolleyes: