Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

36 minutes ago, borgified said:

Just get a Megaball Lottery ticket @no3Ljm and hope for the best, then you can splurge it on all the Macross stuff you want. :drinks:

Still getting Dr. Haya Haya correct? 

Don't do that. Or else I might get one and have that thermometer replaced with a real one. The VF-31ASS Kai. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Couldn’t that easily just be a case of mistransformation? Happens a lot with Bandai. 

I think you are right. Or just a conscious stylistic choice for that pic.

The other pics show the backplate looking more flushed.

dx_vf31ax_item_0000013691_9fma9yAb_05.jpg.435d097af5c6b6618d44d592bcc99c4c.jpg

I love it! I think it looks amazing in all modes (Well, less so in GRWALK, but i care less about that anyway) and i am 100% in for Hayates. Hopefully Ill be able to get the others if they do them too! 

I DO think Ill skip the FPs this time around. I never liked them much anyway. Hell I dont display them on the 31ss i have now. 

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't need justification. What I need is endless supply of money to buy everything. :cray:

You can say that again.

Hell, you could scream that at the top of your lungs.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

dx_vf31ax_item_0000013691_9fma9yAb_20.jpg.91ee037b2978b05d82a3b2915b7a5288.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL 🤣.  But it is a very pretty stand that I'll never use.

In any event I'm really digging the design of the 31AX and doing my best to ignore all of the thermometer and pregnancy test talk about the Pod so I can just enjoy my toy in peace once it arrives. I even like the Battroid mode which I usually don't outside of the VF-1, VF-11 and YF/VF-19 (Isamu only) variants.

-b.

8 hours ago, borgified said:

It's not a temperature probe that Haya Haya has with him, it's actually this. To verify if his sweetie is having their kid. 

Screenshot 2021-07-31 001305.png

Ah, Bandai encouraging 14 year olds to get pregnant. Way to set up the next generation of consumers. :hi:

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

dx_vf31ax_item_0000013691_9fma9yAb_20.jpg.91ee037b2978b05d82a3b2915b7a5288.jpg

So is Bandai trying to market this to the mecha fanbase or the idol group fanbase? :unknw:

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

So is Bandai trying to market this to the mecha fanbase or the idol group fanbase? :unknw:

They're desperately clinging to the hope that the overlap of those two fanbases will be enough to let them keep chugging out repops of molds they already have, and still turn a profit. :p 

No other links for the Doc. Haya Haya 31ax pre-order for now except Luna. 

I think the other websites should be posting it up very soon as the madness will be in roughly 30+ hours from now. 

Note that some of the servers will crap out just as the listings go live, so don't give up... Get your drinks of your choice (Bushmills, Hibiki/Sunitory, Vodka, Crown Royal, Klingon Bloodline, Romulan Ale, Scotch, Spotchkia) as it going to be a rough ride with Spinning Wheel of Death, Cart Jacking and Websites crashes. 

Kampi! :drinks:

Now I think of it, why not changing the damn "frosted glass" of the canopy? Ugh...

EDIT: I made a photo comparison between the old and the new 31A for a conversation we were having on Facebook about tthe chunkier wings the new version has, so I decided to post it here just in case it's interesting fo anybody.

cT36ZJr.jpg

Edited by Miles_Wolf

1 minute ago, borgified said:

Next question: Who's got the original 31a.

I know that this is Doc. Haya Haya's 31ax, however, how less beefier are the wings on the 31a to make a proper comparison? 

Sorry but I haven't understood what you said.

I have the DX 31A, do you need any photo to compare something about the wings?

17 minutes ago, borgified said:

I know that this is Doc. Haya Haya's 31ax, however, how less beefier are the wings on the 31a to make a proper comparison? 

The 31A's wing thickness is exactly the same as any of the other 31 variants.

4 hours ago, Miles_Wolf said:

Now I think of it, why not changing the damn "frosted glass" of the canopy? Ugh...

EDIT: I made a photo comparison between the old and the new 31A for a conversation we were having on Facebook about tthe chunkier wings the new version has, so I decided to post it here just in case it's interesting fo anybody.

cT36ZJr.jpg

Very interesting! This surely means different specs . Perhaps more fuel capacity and or structural build up to handle more stress on the frame..

@Miles_Wolf i hope you don't mind if i share your photo comparison in the mecha fun time thread 😉

Edited by Bolt

@Bolt of course not! Feel free ti share it/use it. 😛

Talking about these changes, I think they are normal seeying that in the movie they look like they are preparing for some kind of intense combat, so it's obvious to make "more muscular" Valks than the normal Siegfrieds, wich are thinner.

Edited by Miles_Wolf

That... is not a good look for a high performance fighter. :blink:

Actually the primary problem I see here is that the wing is now clearly a reverse airfoil.  The 31s always have been slightly bowed-out underneath, but that view really shows how chonky that wing suddenly has become.  Maybe all of the active airflow control tech they use now has just negated the need for actual aerodynamics?

It doesn't exactly look bad.. at least not from most angles.  But it certainly is awkward looking.

5 hours ago, borgified said:

Ok, now I understood what you meant. You were talking about the Kairos and I was thinking on Hayate's Siegfried, lol.

Here you have:

cbfWhji.jpg