Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

17 hours ago, cosmic said:

How bad has bandai been about re-re-remaking the same figure? I am looking at the 31A Hayate and it has an original version, a movie edition, and now the holo projector version. All of the same figure, with new hat syndrome for each. Then there is the recent VF-1J special edition being re-released as a set with the armor parts that are also being sold seperately, but you miss out on the stand from the special edition.

Kinda iffy for me to put a lot of money on something for bandai to just reissue it with possibly better or more accessories a few months later.

The vf-31ax is not the same plane as a VF-31J.. different Wings and no thermometer.

If you are uncomfortable of spend more then dont.    You are only putting alot of money if you are paying the late tax.    You just need to try to preorder it or getting it at around release date if you want to spend less money.

11 minutes ago, F360 said:

The vf-31ax is not the same plane as a VF-31J.. different Wings and no thermometer.

If you are uncomfortable of spend more then dont.    You are only putting alot of money if you are paying the late tax.    You just need to try to preorder it or getting it at around release date if you want to spend less money.

I think @cosmic is probably just confused on Bandai's unpredictable practice on the way they release their products and the guessing game we keep on playing regarding releases. And ending with spending more just because the latter releases have more gimmicks making the previous releases feel incomplete.

It's actually everyone's dilemma on spending and collecting. And not to mention an endless loop of conversations we're in with old and new members. ;) 

7 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

This has certainly become an expensive hobby. I still enjoy purchasing Macross Mech but they are puttin a hurtin on my wallet. 

@no3Ljm we need some more wallet asploding gifs haha

Will do. :good: 

I'm just kind of tied up on my next stop motion as of this moment. Will post it on my stop motion thread once it's up. ;) 

38 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I think @cosmic is probably just confused on Bandai's unpredictable practice on the way they release their products and the guessing game we keep on playing regarding releases. And ending with spending more just because the latter releases have more gimmicks making the previous releases feel incomplete.

It's actually everyone's dilemma on spending and collecting. And not to mention an endless loop of conversations we're in with old and new members. ;) 

I pretty much gave up on the guessing game since it out of my control.  :lol:.    

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

.... You are talking about Bandai here, right?  I know we're talking about their repeated reissues of certain products.. but they certainly have the exact opposite behavior with a ton of things they have produced.

stares at the VF-25 armor and super packs, VF-31A, and literally every other exclusive they have straight-up ignored overwhelming demand for, in some cases for close to a decade now

"Here.. please buy more of this cool plane that you never actually see in the show because it's covered in armor.  What's that?  Sell you the armor he always wore?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA No."

^ This. I feel seen. LOL. Thank for making me feel better, knowing that I am not the only one with the nerd frustration.

I was lucky enough to get Ozma's armor set for $300 brand new last year, but am still on the hunt for Alto's armor set.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, no3Ljm said:

I'm still not digging that big thermometer. :unsure:

1C5T-1000Wx1000H.jpeg.ee186d1aed66b289ba45ba9819e70b81.jpeg

On 7/28/2021 at 6:35 PM, Lolicon said:

Since it's Bandai, it's definitely going to be a rectal thermometer.

😝

I tell yah. 

Reckon Bandai took more than a decade to properly respond to Yamato's legendary fold-dildo accessory with this rectal thermometer for the VF-31AX.

At least, the yammie fold-dildo has a nifty disco-lightiing gimmick...

🥳

Different (rectal) thermometer angle. ;)

area03_img01_2.png.5656c8894cbefae49537b4f94a6a76d9.png

Funny. If they're going to use the 'special' stand for this, it would be best if they just imprinted the pilot's name or the show logo. Not against with Walkure. I'm just pointing out the logical thing to put on the stand like what they did with the DX VF-1's. :acute:

area06_img01.png.26ea19e0d70dd79e1d4e49d9c067a038.png

26 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I like the new arms, my biggest problem with the look of the VF-31 was always the tiny spindly arms.

Yeah. Same here. Like what I mentioned before, they did take cue on the Armored Pack armors and apply it on the naked Valk to make it more muscular. ;)

13 minutes ago, spanner said:

its certainly a good looking thing but do I or don't I.. Help me out Noel!

Spanner! Hahaha! You asked the wrong guy this time, my friend. :lol: 

I'm on a budget so I'm giving a pass on these new Valks. I'm already satisfied with the previous DX Delta Squad. Though I would get Arad's if they're going to release it in the future. :rolleyes:

Since you're a friend, my advice is... Follow what your heart tells you. And worry about your wallet later. :friends:

Edited by no3Ljm

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Spanner! Hahaha! You asked the wrong guy this time, my friend. :lol: 

I'm on a budget so I'm giving a pass on these new Valks. I'm already satisfied with the previous DX Delta Squad. Though I would get Arad's if they're going to release it in the future. :rolleyes:

Since you're a friend, my advice is... Follow what your heart tells you. And worry about your wallet later. :friends:

Whats a "budget" !?!? never heard of or spoke this word before! 😁

I would consider getting this one as I did always prefer the more conventional wing layout of the A model over the other Delta squad variants and colour scheme is nice too.

Do pre orders open today?

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Hmmm....i wonder if the new super parts would fit the old vf-31 valks...🙄

Need to put a note somewhere to remember to check that out once the time comes...

Legs, maybe. Arm shield, maybe. Thigh, maybe if it's going to fit on the slots. Hips, maybe. Chest, probably not. Boosters, probably not.

13 minutes ago, spanner said:

Whats a "budget" !?!? never heard of or spoke this word before! 😁

I would consider getting this one as I did always prefer the more conventional wing layout of the A model over the other Delta squad variants and colour scheme is nice too.

Do pre orders open today?

August 2 JST.

Watch out for the store links on the Preorder Thread here:

Edited by no3Ljm

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Wow, yeah, that’s quite a bit thicker. Guess that’s the price we pay for beefy arms rather than noodles.

I think it's just the forearm that got a little bit thicker. The upper arm however are still thin.

1971172685_ScreenShot2021-07-30at1_46_10AM.png.53ec5baf75a84ff3fdf945807e7ffad9.png

1641211578_ScreenShot2021-07-30at1_45_57AM.png.d7995c23cc0b57dd0654a42753bd7189.png

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I think it's just the forearm that got a little bit thicker. The upper arm however are still thin.

1971172685_ScreenShot2021-07-30at1_46_10AM.png.53ec5baf75a84ff3fdf945807e7ffad9.png

1641211578_ScreenShot2021-07-30at1_45_57AM.png.d7995c23cc0b57dd0654a42753bd7189.png

I really don't like what they did there... Having that "upper arm plate" for me looks worse than the thin arms of the "old" Siegfrieds. Having to move it to make any pose... Meh, seems annoying.

And for the termomether... xD Yeah, I will have to get used to it, but now looks like a very simple and easily fixable desing...

5 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Oh, so it actually folds out like the previous container does?  That's marginally better looking then.

It folds in to the center support bar when in fighter mode. That's what inner grooves are for. The outer side is still that long bar that makes it look like a thermometer.

Let the comparison begin. ;)

VF-31J

item_0000011475_XxDD8LVx_03.jpg.b66ad888507441ac5318a494876b81ce.jpgitem_0000011475_XxDD8LVx_04.jpg.8c3b37f647e573a5d982c2538dd9f018.jpg

VF-31J Kai

item_0000012369_V9HcoCHM_06.jpg.88c825cd54c9a204a07d080e97ab0cbc.jpgitem_0000012369_V9HcoCHM_07.jpg.d15587c017b9f108dd237e72c3393622.jpg

VF-31AX

item_0000013691_9fma9yAb_01.jpg.1f9c42f11ad71f193546116d03feced4.jpgitem_0000013691_9fma9yAb_03.jpg.2a3f46703feaff10921b9053fc20d194.jpg

I like how the side of the legs have color this time. More and more I'm really starting to like it. But still not sure if I should order one. :lol: