Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

10 hours ago, enphily said:

image.png.3306618a2e9e92063b05516624bca749.pngimage.png.e48a2c7a27ac89fb74bdf9497bb9a24a.png

I like the design of this Valkyrie, but I am not digging the fact that in GERWALK, the engine intakes are disconnected and the gun tonfa's are not connected to the arm....I wonder what the other side of the mission pack does?  I thought that it was a double beam cannon, but looking at it, I am not so sure now.  Like the new take on the SV-262 gunpod for the VF-31AX Kairos Plus though!

Twich

39 minutes ago, twich said:

I like the design of this Valkyrie, but I am not digging the fact that in GERWALK, the engine intakes are disconnected and the gun tonfa's are not connected to the arm....I wonder what the other side of the mission pack does?  I thought that it was a double beam cannon, but looking at it, I am not so sure now.  Like the new take on the SV-262 gunpod for the VF-31AX Kairos Plus though!

Twich

i think it's mistransformed

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

Disconnected intakes in that GERWALK pic have to be a mis-transformation right? It doesn't seem like this should be any different from the other VF-31 toys.

I had assumed that it was mis-transformed, I guess that I was drawing attention to the fact that a promo shot for a new DX toy has all of these inconsistencies that we, as avid Macross toy collectors immediately see, and the manufacturer is giving us these pics without greater proof reading.  I am excited to see your review of these toys when they release Jenius, as I am an avid follower of your youtube videos.  Cant wait to see more DX toys for this upcoming movie.

Twich

20 hours ago, enphily said:

image.png.e48a2c7a27ac89fb74bdf9497bb9a24a.png

The whole, larger wing outward of the vertical stabilizers give it quite a different vibe than the normal 31A. It makes it look more similar to the VF-27 now, which in turn look like bat wings..

23 hours ago, twich said:

I had assumed that it was mis-transformed, I guess that I was drawing attention to the fact that a promo shot for a new DX toy has all of these inconsistencies that we, as avid Macross toy collectors immediately see, and the manufacturer is giving us these pics without greater proof reading.  I am excited to see your review of these toys when they release Jenius, as I am an avid follower of your youtube videos.  Cant wait to see more DX toys for this upcoming movie.

Twich

Bandai regularly has miss-tranformations in their promo photos. 

1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

since that is MSRP , I think it will be maybe around Y22000, still not sure if this is a P-Bandai , sorry don´t know japanese :( 

image.png.f8f63b71497e67567133c3e076e1facb.png

That's a regular release. To distinguish TWE/P-Bandai items, always look for these characters and its stylized text in the description. ;) 

魂ウェブ商店 

bnr_shouten_item.png.41087d6ac93e952220efa42fbcaac851.png

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's a regular release. To distinguish TWE/P-Bandai items, always look for these characters and its stylized text in the description. ;) 

魂ウェブ商店 

Thanks @no3Ljm for the heads up, this will be an insane PO then, cause I think they will put the new Metal Composite Gundam Wing EW to PO as well.

41 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Thanks @no3Ljm for the heads up, this will be an insane PO then, cause I think they will put the new Metal Composite Gundam Wing EW to PO as well.

You're welcome! ;) 

16 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Oh gosh. I’m too old for this po madness bull crap lol

That's why I'm going to sleep on this one. :lazy:

Though I might bite on Arad's 31AX down the line since I don't have plan on completing the squad this time. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Alex GS said:

since that is MSRP , I think it will be maybe around Y22000, still not sure if this is a P-Bandai , sorry don´t know japanese :( 

image.png.f8f63b71497e67567133c3e076e1facb.png

most shops list their preorders with the tax included now. so it will be around the 25300 listed price.

Amazon japan will removed the japan sales tax,, but then will add in your state /city sales tax.  

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

is it tamahii limited or normal web for booking ?

My reply to @Alex GS. 12 posts above.

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

魂ウェブ商店 

Edited by no3Ljm

I'm still on the fence about this release. On the one hand, my goal with collecting Delta valks has been to get just enough to cover all the kinds of things that have been released, but not complete the full Flight. So I have a Messer with Super Parts and Lil Drakens (flying alongside), Arad with Armor, and Keith with Lil Drakens. The AX is a new variant, so I can probably justify buying it that way. On the other hand, buying it would just encourage Bandai to release ten more Hayate valks as reissues, lottery exclusives, or Malibu Stacy variants instead of giving us other things we actually want.

33 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I'm still on the fence about this release. On the one hand, my goal with collecting Delta valks has been to get just enough to cover all the kinds of things that have been released, but not complete the full Flight. So I have a Messer with Super Parts and Lil Drakens (flying alongside), Arad with Armor, and Keith with Lil Drakens. The AX is a new variant, so I can probably justify buying it that way. On the other hand, buying it would just encourage Bandai to release ten more Hayate valks as reissues, lottery exclusives, or Malibu Stacy variants instead of giving us other things we actually want.

I'm in the exact same boat. I want one because it's different. That's pretty much it. I'll wait till release day and see how I feel then (and pay my late tax if I'm getting it).

40 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm in the exact same boat. I want one because it's different. That's pretty much it. I'll wait till release day and see how I feel then (and pay my late tax if I'm getting it).

I’m debating whether I should get a good night sleep and just pay my late tax haha

2 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

The gun and special pack cannon are HUGE. Almost disproportionately so ... not feeling it.

2 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

I'm not crazy about that cannon.  Looks like a scorpion tail and kinda clumsy.  Maybe it'll grow on me.  

I think it's one of it's best features.:lol: