Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Hayate Type

jvmacross

38 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Does this mean a hiatus on any further DX VF-1 product?.....this is the second announcement of a DX from the upcoming Delta movie....in quick succession too!

The "New Hat" Hayate was from the previous movie, not the new one I thought?

No word on release details as yet.

But I would think it as a regular release, since its a 'new' version of the 31 and will tie in with the movie.

It needs to build its widespread demand first. 

Edited by seti88

I'm... not sure I care at this point.  Still got the ugly jagged back end mount over the pod, and now that giant stinger, and those new wing/tail hinges look like a sloppy pile of yuck.  I don't think the giant sawtooth cuts help the wing design.

Think I'm just burned out on Delta at this point.  Maybe I'll wait and see, and pick up one or two if the demand doesn't go crazy.

Actually.. I think I might just be bored with the base 31 design.  It's not the most creative, the arms always feel whimpy, and the landing gear look like a quarter-baked idea.  I love the 31A, and the basic design is nice enough, but this doesn't feel like much of an upgrade to me.

Edited by Chronocidal

Am feeling this is just a run on the A mold which proved it was more desired than the FW 31's. 

So am also watching to see how it turns out.

It looks like a contender for this year's christmas valk release, seeing the new movie should be released near November. 

15 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm... not sure I care at this point.  Still the ugly jagged back end mount over the pod, and that giant stinger, and those new wing/tail hinges look like a sloppy pile of yuck.  I don't think the giant sawtooth cuts help the wing design.

I am bothered abt the size and design of the fold quartz area..

5 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

so this is how bandai milks everyone

Same thing how Hot Toys milk everyone with a different repaints of the same Iron Man figure. Ka-ching! ;) 

Oh. And pass for me... for now. Or maybe just Arad’s if ever there will be one. :pardon:

Edited by no3Ljm

Man, I don't know about these. They certainly aren't lighting a fire under my tail. I like the 31's and I have a few. But I guess they never really hit me in the gut like other variants. 

Bummer. I like getting new toys!

57 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Man, I don't know about these. They certainly aren't lighting a fire under my tail. I like the 31's and I have a few. But I guess they never really hit me in the gut like other variants. 

Bummer. I like getting new toys!

The fact that the show they're from is a steaming pile doesn't help. 

I'll buy them all and imagine that they're from a better show. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, VF-1A Cannon Fodder said:

You’re buying 3 copies though, right?

:unsure:^_^

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Same thing how Hot Toys milk everyone with a different repaints of the same Iron Man figure. Ka-ching! ;) 

Oh. And pass for me... for now. Or maybe just Arad’s if ever there will be one. :pardon:

:vava:

May i ask

suppose 31- ax announce for booking on 1 aug

if i would like to book via amiami 

what time can i book it?

because other Dx macross i used to visit that web around 10.00am jp time 

But it  still not allow for booking !?!

12 hours ago, Jumbosan said:

May i ask

suppose 31- ax announce for booking on 1 aug

if i would like to book via amiami 

what time can i book it?

because other Dx macross i used to visit that web around 10.00am jp time 

But it  still not allow for booking !?!

Orders on pre-order days open at 4PM JST for the major JP online retailers like ami-ami. 

Other non mainstream retailers may also open orders before that, but it is a risk on whether your orders will be fulfilled.
However lately they also have been fulfilling orders ok. 

The best thread to monitor PO activity would be in the PO thread pinned in this section..

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

If the AX is a regular release there's a good chance we can just order the thing at BigBadToyStore now.  If the trend holds.

It will probably be less expensive to get it directly from JP.

And if BBTS does carry DX's how do per orders work?:unknw:

23 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm in for one, if not that exact version, at least one of the other paint schemes.

Is this the exact same mold as the vf-31A?  Are there any differences?  Do we even know yet?

It is not the same as the 31A: there's the much more aggressive saw tooth on both wings and canards, different mission pack, and extra large beam guns that are no longer integrated into the fuselage.

Personally, I think the original 31A was a prettier bird, but I do like how the new FP's look and will hopefully get a few of the AX's just to put the FP's on.  I especially like Arad's new ride, but Hayate will do for now :)

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

I will probably get at least one for the sake of comparison to the original 31. 

Cool! ;) And once they decided to upgrade the Kairos Plus to a Kairos Plus Max version, post a comparison pics and videos as well. You never know, it might feature a bigger Fold Crystal for wider coverage. :lol: 

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Cool! ;) And once they decided to upgrade the Kairos Plus to a Kairos Plus Max version, post a comparison pics and videos as well. You never know, it might feature a bigger Fold Crystal for wider coverage. :lol: 

I feel like we’re talking about iPhones now. I need the 31-AX Max Pro XS