[Netflix] My Little Pony: New Generations

Serious, no judgement question- are bronies still a thing?

Personally, I didn't like MLP as a kid, and I had zero interest in FIM.  But my 5yo daughter discovered it and adores it.  She's watched everything on Netflix, and I think she's actually re-watching FIM now.  She'll be excited to watch this new show.

I think bronies were a flash in the pan, but I say that having dropped off FiM after just like the second or third season. I'm sure the majority of them lasted through the entire run of like... seven? eight? seasons + movies + spinoffs.

FiM itself seemed like a flash in the pan, and I don't think they'll be able to match its performance for a good while. But this show might be just as good, who knows.

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Showed the trailer to my six year old daughter and she loves it! So I guess that's all it matters? lol.

Too true. I didn't mean to imply that FiM was "good" and all other entries therefore "bad" simply by nature of its appeal to an untraditional demographic.

• 1 month later...

Basically, "so Equestria reverted back to crumbling society without friendship. Because screw you, Twilight...all your deeds were for nothing."

Also didn't last time Ponies became divided, Wendigo came and started a winter?
I guess they died too.
Also what about dragons, hippogriffs, or other non ponies they befriended?

Edited by roboemo

On 7/3/2021 at 8:27 AM, mikeszekely said:

Serious, no judgement question- are bronies still a thing?

I honestly couldn't wrap my head around it. 

There was a guy on the local firearm forum that used to try and push MLP onto other members.  He got banned, but I don't remember for what.