Bandai DX - Movie version VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate Immelman machine) [Fold projection unit equipment]

jvmacross

On 5/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, valhary said:

Honestly I'm surprising people are exciting  with this when @xigfrid made it a long time ago nobody cares

Personally prefer a cannon POD (that also @xigfrid already made) 

That Bandai should offer in any case is a POD package with all the variants that a multipurpose container unit allow

In my understanding is a desperate strategy to sell VF-31 that only make me wonder the acceptation of Delta like an anime serie by the toy collectors independently of the success of the musical group that seems to be out of the question at least with the Nippon audience

macross-variable-fighter-master-file-vf-31-siegfried-art-book-48.jpg

IMG_2223.thumb.jpg.22406af0b79321c97491e76938e1dcbe.jpg

While I know xigfrid has one on shapeways to sell, the problem is its unpainted and not everyone is as talented as some of the members here to be able to paint and finish it to make it look somewhat passable to display them

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Phangry said:

I actually managed to get one from HLJ. I put off on pre-ordering it and eventually missed it. It will be my first time owning a version of the 31, so I'm looking forward to it. 👀

Superb toys, killer in all 3 modes. A posing dream.

7 hours ago, Dirtyboy said:

Carn believe they're still Using Styrofoam tray, kinda rubbish. It's the reason why my mirage yellowed whilst boxed up because I didn't have the plastic separating the foam tray and the fighter. 

You can probably buy some plastic to use and put it between the figure and the styrofoam tray.

11 hours ago, Dirtyboy said:

Carn believe they're still Using Styrofoam tray, kinda rubbish. It's the reason why my mirage yellowed whilst boxed up because I didn't have the plastic separating the foam tray and the fighter. 

Ewwwww, gross. I'll pull mine out right away.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You can probably buy some plastic to use and put it between the figure and the styrofoam tray.

A layer between the Valk and the foam isn't going to prevent yellowing 100%. It's an issue with off-gassing (gas), so the entire inside of the Styrofoam coffin is being effected. Or is it affected? I'm too lazy to look it up.:D

43 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The fold projection unit should have been sold separately....for $19.99.

Agreed. Though knowing Bandai, I'm 100% sure that they're not going to retail it at $19.99. :rolleyes: 

But then, seeing that Bandai already released all the colors of Delta VF-31's, they should've offer to release it separately, a pack of 3, or a pack of 5 for those who have every color. I mean, are they expecting for their customers to buy 5 of them just to get the Fold Projection Unit and sell the main set incomplete online? I know, I know, that's not their problem anymore since they already made money from it. :aggressive:

I wonder how many VF-31Js we're going to see at YJA in the next week or so? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Agreed. Though knowing Bandai, I'm 100% sure that they're not going to retail it at $19.99. :rolleyes: 

But then, seeing that Bandai already released all the colors of Delta VF-31's, they should've offer to release it separately, a pack of 3, or a pack of 5 for those who have every color. I mean, are they expecting for their customers to buy 5 of them just to get the Fold Projection Unit and sell the main set incomplete online? I know, I know, that's not their problem anymore since they already made money from it. :aggressive:

I wonder how many VF-31Js we're going to see at YJA in the next week or so? :ph34r:

What they really should have done is include these in the first release, because the show was already done by that point. <_<

When I went to fill out that survey, I actually pointed this out, and asked for them to just release a weapons pack including this pod, and a pile of underwing stores to use on all of those empty hardpoints they keep including in everything. 

Seriously, what do they expect people to do, buy up used copies of the 171 super packs and bunches of the YF-19 bundles to have something to actually stick on the wings?  It's not like Bandai is making any money at all on them as a feature, because they don't make anything to use on them. It's getting to the point of the hardpoints being a non-feature, because the lack of use for them is so freaking obnoxious.

In the anime do the different characters have different color speaker pods or are they all the same color across the squad?:unknw: I'm thinking of putting my pod on Mirage's Valk. But I don't want it to be non cannon (look what you guys have done to me!:rofl:). Thanks

Checked Episode 6 during the launch sequence, and they all look the same to me. ^_^ 

854127761_ss(2021-10-30at10_32.34).jpg.2d115c93de39f00906a0ca7738c25c85.jpg1808294592_ss(2021-10-30at10_32.52).jpg.cceaf284597f650bec4db8d71709b0c5.jpg

Part of me wants more of them to add to some of my super packed 31s, but then the rest of me says "Nah, it looks goofy most of the time anyhow." :lol:

This is probably something I'd just display with a super packed Arad..
if-i-had-one-angry.gif

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Checked Episode 6 during the launch sequence, and they all look the same to me. ^_^ 

854127761_ss(2021-10-30at10_32.34).jpg.2d115c93de39f00906a0ca7738c25c85.jpg1808294592_ss(2021-10-30at10_32.52).jpg.cceaf284597f650bec4db8d71709b0c5.jpg

Part of me wants more of them to add to some of my super packed 31s, but then the rest of me says "Nah, it looks goofy most of the time anyhow." :lol:

This is probably something I'd just display with a super packed Arad..
if-i-had-one-angry.gif

:hi:

On 10/30/2021 at 5:47 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

image.jpeg.5f5ec2e91ee1479133f82043dbc60c9b.jpeg
Roy has speaker pod envy.

Seriously, the speaker pod is amazing! It has soooo many hinges and sliding mechanisms.

It’s totally worth it!!!

Can’t tell if serious or not 🧐 

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

so we will not be sure if these pods will fit on the new VF-31ax yet ,right? .   if they do fit, then maybe Bandai will add these to the VF-31ax fast packs  when they do decide to make it.

Can't imagine they won't fit, since all the existing pods fit both the 31a and the delta 31 figures.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:50 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

Very serious.

The speaker pod is rather interesting, and an add on one should have if you like transforming items.

If that is the case I’m glad I ordered one. I’m a sucker for clever engineering.

• 3 weeks later...

I received notice from Nin Nin about a week ago that my unit shipped by DHL. Today I wondered what happened and figured it was still in "label created" status. Nope, according to tracking, it's been delivered to an address in South Korea. That's a head scratcher! We'll see how Nin Nin responds.

Question for anyone who got one: How does the 3D-printed one that... Xigfrid? lemme check... cooked up way back when compare? If one got that when he first made it, would this be a worthwhile upgrade?

EDIT:

In case you missed it, here's the first relevant post (progress is made further down the post): 

Edited by kajnrig