Bandai DX - Movie version VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate Immelman machine) [Fold projection unit equipment]

jvmacross

Movie version VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate Immelman machine) [Fold projection unit equipment] Dedicated Discussion Thread........

There is already a general thread about the VF-31 DX, however, if you'd like....you can use this thread to coincide with the general direction that re-started with the DX VF-1D...of trying to create dedicated threads for each future release of a Macross toy...

Or, feel free to keep posting in the general DX VF-31 thread.....let the MW community decide I suppose....

PO info has been listed in the MW PO Thread.....so at minimum keep PO chatter contained there as has been requested by @Shawn.....the site owner

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/49032-macrossworlds-po-thread-upcomingcurrent-pos-movie-version-vf-31j-siegfried-hayate-immelman-machine-fold-projection-unit-equipmentgbp-armor-set-2nd-round-open-post-links-to-available-pos-and-keep-discussions-on-pos-here/

img_geak.png

bnr.jpg

https://tamashii.jp/item/13624/

Edited by jvmacross

4 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Easy pass for me, I wish I could somehow just get the mission pod though

11 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Wow!  Talk about embodying the Malibu Stacy meme... 

I will get one.....but yeah....the extra bit would have sufficed...would be funny if they offer it later as a TWE...

I guess this one will be the one to really try and get.....

201909281400_32585.png

Delta-movie_new_VF_2.jpg

Delta-movie_new_VF_1.jpg

:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, MKT said:

Every time I see these speaker pods, this image comes into my head:

dilophosaurus-jurassic-park.thumb.jpg.08fb22bbfe524d7c6ce224658ed3f4e5.jpg

Now I can’t unsee that…

Maybe they should release a TWE pack of 5 for all 5 valks, that I will buy

Edited by Guyffon

for me those fold projection pods reminds me of the Bird Human from Macross Zero

Tori-no-hito.thumb.jpg.15c039db162cab2f926e4ef3f3a65d10.jpg

BirdHuman.thumb.png.f4c9cf467f017ced7de07e7d77ce62d3.png

Macross 7 , speaker pod =  Listen to my song:D

Macross Delta , Fold Projection Unit = watch my Music video?;)

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

is Messer coming back from the dead? we need a new 31F

Messer died in Kaname's hands after being exposed to the Var in the first movie @davidwhangchoi. So unless you have Windermere/Borg nano-probes in your blood stream, then yes you can be raised from the dead. 

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Messer died in Kaname's hands after being exposed to the Var in the first movie @davidwhangchoi. So unless you have Windermere/Borg nano-probes in your blood stream, then yes you can be raised from the dead. 

Maybe they'll do some kind of reborquel with the next movie and bring Messer back so Bandai can sell us more stuff

Honestly I'm surprising people are exciting  with this when @Xigfrid made it a long time ago nobody cares

Personally prefer a cannon POD (that also @Xigfrid already made) 

That Bandai should offer in any case is a POD package with all the variants that a multipurpose container unit allow

In my understanding is a desperate strategy to sell VF-31 that only make me wonder the acceptation of Delta like an anime series by the toy collectors independently of the success of the musical group that seems to be out of the question at least with the Nippon audience

macross-variable-fighter-master-file-vf-31-siegfried-art-book-48.jpg

IMG_2223.thumb.jpg.22406af0b79321c97491e76938e1dcbe.jpg

Edited by valhary

1 hour ago, valhary said:

Honestly I'm surprising people are exciting  with this when @xigfrid made it a long time ago nobody cares

Personally prefer a cannon POD (that also @xigfrid already made) 

That Bandai should offer in any case is a POD package with all the variants that a multipurpose container unit allow

In my understanding is a desperate strategy to sell VF-31 that only make me wonder the acceptation of Delta like an anime serie by the toy collectors independently of the success of the musical group that seems to be out of the question at least with the Nippon audience

macross-variable-fighter-master-file-vf-31-siegfried-art-book-48.jpg

IMG_2223.thumb.jpg.22406af0b79321c97491e76938e1dcbe.jpg

While I appreciate looking at customs, I enjoy owning a packaged figure with the accessories it comes with and don’t like trying to rig it into something it wasn't made for. Sure, it would have been great if the toy came with alternate pods to begin with or the pods came with a previous super parts set but they didn’t.  So, it’s not preferable but these are toys that I enjoy so I’m not worrying about buying more of them too much. 

I designed one of the alternate pods. It's still a lot of work to do the painting and detailing, not to mention sanding+filling on some of the 3D printed parts.

It's nice to just have something in a box that's already assembled, painted, detailed, and probably has a better fit as well.

I think I ended up spending over $100 on high quality resin prints of the pod I designed, and it still needs to be painted and glued together...

On 5/28/2021 at 1:29 AM, no3Ljm said:

Out of the Delta franchise, I believe VF-31A is the one worth having. :good: 

Yeah the 31A is military -ish and closest looking to the chronos...my next fav's are the 31S arad/ 31F messer...