• sh9000 changed the title to Thor: Love and Thunder
  • 2 weeks later...

Hemsworth looks insane, good lord. Portman looks great as well, she definitely looks good bulked up. Looks like a lot of fun, Taika is absolutely one of the best directors in the MCU right now, he found the winning formula to making Thor fun! Remember Thor 1 and 2? Good lord, those were a couple of stinkers for sure, hard to get through, very boring. 

22 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Hemsworth looks insane, good lord. Portman looks great as well, she definitely looks good bulked up. Looks like a lot of fun, Taika is absolutely one of the best directors in the MCU right now, he found the winning formula to making Thor fun! Remember Thor 1 and 2? Good lord, those were a couple of stinkers for sure, hard to get through, very boring. 

I liked one and two  but compared to Ragnarok, it’s like some direct to video 90’s films and one of the top ten movies in the comic book genre

Thor 3 is definitely where Thor finally starts feeling like a full-fledged Marvel movie, but I do miss the classical meter that Kenneth Branagh imbued into the first film and the goofy juxtaposition of that against the modern world in the second.

I'll be honest, I don't get why Thor Ragnarok continues to get such effusive praise. It's a good movie, don't get me wrong, definitely in the upper tier of the MCU, but I would hardly put it in the top 10... or maybe even top 15. Even compared to its two predecessors I'd personally put it in second place behind the first movie and impersonally wouldn't rank it that much ahead.

23 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Thor 3 is definitely where Thor finally starts feeling like a full-fledged Marvel movie, but I do miss the classical meter that Kenneth Branagh imbued into the first film and the goofy juxtaposition of that against the modern world in the second.

I'll be honest, I don't get why Thor Ragnarok continues to get such effusive praise. It's a good movie, don't get me wrong, definitely in the upper tier of the MCU, but I would hardly put it in the top 10... or maybe even top 15. Even compared to its two predecessors I'd personally put it in second place behind the first movie and impersonally wouldn't rank it that much ahead.

I was never really a fan of Thor growing up, but was familiar to it due to starting off with amazing Spider-Man comics when I was little. Ragnarok felt like one of those really spacey goofy early 80’s team up comics and definitely had great casting as well as a killer pick for his theme song. Can’t beat Zep, not even with iron man getting Ac/Dc. Sure iron man sorta had Sabbath, but most people know him for pretty much a maximum overdrive style soundtrack. I also think Ragnarok had a perfect sense of absurdity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 11:40 PM, kajnrig said:

I think Ragnarok is one of the best MCU movies period. But I only really liked Iron Man 1, Capt America 1 and Infinity War. The rest didn't do much for me at all. And the newer stuff is:bad:

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

I think Ragnarok is one of the best MCU movies period. But I only really liked Iron Man 1, Capt America 1 and Infinity War. The rest didn't do much for me at all. And the newer stuff is:bad:

I’m with you on Ragnarok. That one seems to be so much more concerned bookish than the rest of these movies. It has the crazy bright colors and absurd throwback armor styles and overall it’s a great buddy film. I do enjoy the rest of the mcu to varying degrees for the most part though. I don’t think any of them are truly terrible even though some of them I can complain about a lot more than others. So far the only one I didn’t really like was the Eternals