Obscure Resin Kit Compendium

StarshipTrooper

Hello everyone! I am currently working on updating Scalemates.com with images and information regarding obscure resin kits. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone with pictures please post them here. I am looking for in particular MegaZone 23, Macross, Southern Cross, Orguss, Mospeada, and the like, but any mecha resin kit will do!

If you have a box of a resin kit (any condition will do) please place the box facedown on a printer scanner, and save the picture as a jpg. If this is not feasible, any old photograph will be just fine!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've completed the Macross Complete Model List (MCML) Project with more than 1,600 entries, of which each entry has 10 categories if we've attached pictures.  It includes all obscure plastic, resin, vinyl kits and I first started working on it in 2004.  Unfortunately, I haven't found someone to host it or incorporate the information to their website.  I personally own more than 400 Macross items and might have the largest known Macross resin kit collection.  There's a few other MW members that also have impressive collections.  I only focused on Macross, but have access to my friend's Mospeada resin kit collection list and pictures.  Please free feel to message me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Christopher  :hi:

My issue with scalemates is the lack of quality control for entries. There's way, waaaay too many resin kits on there attributed to filthy scumbag recaster websites instead of to their actual manufactures/sculptors. Lack of proper credit to artist is already one of the highest crimes. Redirecting people to thieves websites is a whole order of magnitude worse.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 5:43 PM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

My issue with scalemates is the lack of quality control for entries. There's way, waaaay too many resin kits on there attributed to filthy scumbag recaster websites instead of to their actual manufactures/sculptors. Lack of proper credit to artist is already one of the highest crimes. Redirecting people to thieves websites is a whole order of magnitude worse.

That may be because the people who posted those entries didn't even know the kits are recasts. Besides, if no one adds the original kits, nothing is going to change...