[R.I.P] Kentaro Miura

Man, this hits hard, real hard.

RIP to the greatest mangaka of all. He will be missed. I hope they don't come up with any stupid ideas like continuing to the story. You cannot recreate his art style in any way shape or form.

Kentaro Miura, creator of bestselling manga Berserk, dies aged 54 | Comics and graphic novels | The Guardian

I learned about his passing in Old Anime's posting on FB. I personally never followed but i've seen the clips on YT from time to time. I do hope the estate is well tended (and like what was already posted, the serial ended Respectfully)...

*Salute!*

I've only seen a fraction of the Berserk anime out there, and none of the manga, but my wife and I both enjoyed the first season or so that we have seen. Miura-san was obviously a talented gentleman, and his loss hits me for how close in age we were- he was only five years older than me. Far too young to lose him, both as a human being and as an immensely creative artist. RIP, good sir.

Kinda bummed that I’m just learning more about this manga now.

Went down a little bit of a YouTube rabbit hole, when folks pointed out how Striga’s ass-whupping scene in Castlevania is reminiscent of Guts in the berserk armor.

Edited by Mog

I’m a selfish person and I want to have closure for the Berserk manga. Hopefully volume 41 won’t end with a cliffhanger, if it’s getting released.

Sad to see him go. I was always looking forward to new chapters.

Thinking about it, volume 40 was a nice end cap for the series, maybe they shouldn’t release the last chapters if they don’t have plans to continue the manga.

I‘m not against continuing Berserk in general. Brandon Sanderson did a good job finishing The Wheel of Time after the passing of Robert Jordan. Maybe he had an assistant that could do it?

But it is a different thing to continue a comic where you have to emulate the art as well as the story and if the author didn’t have detailed notes on how to conclude the story. 

• azrael locked this topic