My ranking of the most alien looking of the Zentradi mechs

Invid99

1174738459_Zentradimecha.thumb.jpg.0b0d946d1d425d47af322dfbac3533b0.jpg

The Regult wins it. The shape and the red cyclops eye reminds me of a bipedal insect. Very insectoid looking.

The Queadluun-rau is a humanoid insect. 

The Nousjadeul-ger and Glaug are mechs that can be seen as human-made. The Glaug has a very human-centric mecha design.

The only thing that separates the Nousjadeul-ger from UNS mechs, are it's straight up visior and the large feet. And with it's semi-organic appearance. UNS mechs tends to have a bulky design.  

Edited by Invid99

1 hour ago, Zinjo said:

The Nousjadeul-ger had a better design in DRYL.

Yes, I liked that design better. The DYRL version is similar to the Queadluun-rau's humanoid insect design. But I'm starting to appreciate the tv-version. It's underrated and I hope future installments will highlight it more. 

Edited by Invid99

7 hours ago, uzernaem said:

I think Glaug's proportions (thin, long legs, small torso) make it look somewhat alienish, compared to other chicken-style mecha, like Timber Wolf from Battletech.

That's a great point. The legs have organic design. But the cockpit body is very human-centric made. 

56 minutes ago, JB0 said:

They all look pretty terran to me. And honestly, I don't see a huge diffrence between the reguld and glaug. One is very clearly descended from the other.

But if you had to pick one that has a design that stands out from the other mechs, which one would you choose? 

Edited by Invid99

4 hours ago, uzernaem said:

DYRL one - yeah.

TV Nousjadeul-Ger reminds me of some steampunk armor/diving suit.

lol I agree, does look like a diving suit. I think the Boddole color theme looks better

image-248680-full.jpg?1367245118