Open! Post Bugs here

Its the stupid email system

We have some older posts (like the 1/48 super post) and it has lots of members who subscribed to notifactions on it, but their email address was invalid

The server is still trying to ping those old bad addresses for members who haven't checked in recently during our profile changes

So the emails are just churning and churning...looking to time them out and prune

I'm temporarily disabling email notificaitons on followed posts until we figure this out once and for all-I thought I had fixed it before.

S

On 5/11/2022 at 11:35 PM, Shawn said:

I'm temporarily disabling email notificaitons on followed posts until we figure this out once and for all-I thought I had fixed it before.

S

No wonder I'm not getting notifications. Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 3:35 AM, Shawn said:

Its the stupid email system

We have some older posts (like the 1/48 super post) and it has lots of members who subscribed to notifactions on it, but their email address was invalid

The server is still trying to ping those old bad addresses for members who haven't checked in recently during our profile changes

So the emails are just churning and churning...looking to time them out and prune

S

Is this the reason I can't see the latest posts from my followed topics anymore?

EDIT: Looks like I have to re-follow then.

Edited by hachi
edit

I disabled the email alerts because we still users who's emails don't work who subscribed to updates on posts...the emails get stuck with multiple retries.

Assume you mean something else though...I did not touch anything else that I remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Shawn I’ve noticed lately that my posts are taking a long time to process. Meaning it takes nearly a minute after hitting the “submit reply” button for the post to go through and the page to display. Has anyone else been having the same issue?

Chris

yeah...just noticed that too...stupid email system full of old failed accounts in the queue

I really wish we would have just stuck around with out invalid emails from 2003 instead of our 'reset'

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, MisaForever said:

Hey yo! So visiting the site today I noticed that there's this strange menu drop-down showing up at the top of each page.

image.png.0960eb865e79a1343776ce738c1b8867.png

What browser and/or device?