Question about the Animeigo Macross DVDs

Spacenumber1

I while ago I learned that on the last volume of Animeigo's Macross DVDs (vol 9) there was an option to watch it with a commentary track by the director Noboru Ishiguro. However, when I looked at the settings for that DVD that option was not listed. I was, however, able to find a hidden production art gallery. Does anyone know how to access this commentary track?

DVD Easter Eggs:

(U.S. DVD Box Set, AnimEigo Release) On all volumes of Macross, go to "Settings" then highlight "Subtitles Off/Japanese Audio" and go left. The highlight will disappear. Hit enter and you'll be taken to a test pattern.

(U.S. DVD #8) On DVD #8 when the main menu loads up press the "8" button on your DVD remote control and a music video comes on.

(U.S. DVD #9) On DVD #9 for MACROSS TV, there is a third audio track with a second subtitle track which is an interview with the creator of MACROSS TV series. It starts on episode 35 and finishes on episode 36.

(U.S. DVD #9) On disk nine of the Macross box set there's a hidden slideshow of 52 character and mecha designs. You can access it by going to the settings menu then go to the main menu button and press down and then enter. Sit back and enjoy the slide show.

(U.S. DVD Box Set, AnimEigo Release) Go to the settings option menu and you push the down arrow button till you reach the glowing button on the right side of the control stick you get an option to turn off the opening music and video while playing the episodes.

Edited by valk1j

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Pretty sure I've asked this before, but are these things still worth anything?  I have that box set sitting on my shelf collecting dust....paid almost $400 USD back in the day

43 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Seems like you could still get a hundred bucks or so with the right interested buyer...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=animeigo+macross+dvd&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Does your have the fancy lenticular card?

Oh, that holographic thing?  Yup.  I should figure out how to sell things on eBay....local craigslist and FB Marketplace.....not a lot of Macross fans in my area.