Bigwest will do a global release of the MACROSS series... Games and Toys too!

Bub

• Bub changed the title to Bigwest will do a global release of the MACROSS series... Games and Toys too!
14 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

They need to remaster it.

Seriously. Super pixelated 480p just doesn't cut it these days. I need my VF-4s in 4K HDR dammit!

This is going to be a weird transition for some pieces.

In their press release they say "Bigwest Co., Ltd. has announced the release of all works that are part of the “Macross” franchise made after 1987 to a worldwide audience from April 9, 2021."

And now we see our first official release of Flashback 2012 to the global market(yay!) but aside from the new animation, it has all the content from prior to 1987 (doh!)

Will any games be able to INCLUDE a VF-1, or do they need to start at the VF-4?
Books etc? What can they include?

They hybrid stuff is going to be interesting to watch, but maybe Flashback is they key...it IS a Hybrid, and it is releasable...so maybe this says it all  :)

S

8 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Personally, I enjoyed the english dub of Macross Plus. I would be fine if that quality could be involved with future Macross releases in the west. And it would get more viewers as well. 

Admittedly, they did an excellent job with that; I fear that's the exception and not the rule. I would love it though if I were proven wrong!

So does this mean possible rerelease of games after 1987? Macross Frontier PSP games? Macross 30? Could they also have English subs added to them and English menus too? Mastered/Remastered for PS4/Nintendo Switch! Almost too exciting. Variable Fighter Master Files in English too, sounds like Me Mikimoto would like these products spread across the planet too, I’m game, love looking at the master file books. Would even buy them again if they are translated to English!

Twich

Edited by twich

46 minutes ago, Shawn said:

In their press release they say "Bigwest Co., Ltd. has announced the release of all works that are part of the “Macross” franchise made after 1987 to a worldwide audience from April 9, 2021."

And now we see our first official release of Flashback 2012 to the global market(yay!) but aside from the new animation, it has all the content from prior to 1987 (doh!)

They hybrid stuff is going to be interesting to watch, but maybe Flashback is they key...it IS a Hybrid, and it is releasable...so maybe this says it all  :)

S

How do you mean Hybrid, Shawn? As in it is a music video with some new animation? Or that it doesn’t tie itself specifically to SDF Macross with the mecha and story, just the characters.

Twich

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

S

A possible solution to this is to replace the VF-1 with any other Variable Fighter. Just like what they tried doing with the PS1 game Macross VF-X2 release outside of Japan...  They will probably need to replace all the UN Spacy kite symbol on the Fighters too...

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Can no longer access the ordering page...it was working fine this morning....who is "bending the knee" again? :wacko:

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000156477/

I needed to click the link on the link you posted a second time for it to show up properly.  But then the video is “not available”.

4 hours ago, Bub said:

A possible solution to this is to replace the VF-1 with any other Variable Fighter. Just like what they tried doing with the PS1 game Macross VF-X2 release outside of Japan...  They will probably need to replace all the UN Spacy kite symbol on the Fighters too...

My impression is that HG's days of claiming ownership of every little Macross design are over and that all they have are a license to distribute and merchandise the original TV series (and merchandise but not distribution for DYRL).

I know after 20 years of HG being a trademark troll makes it hard to get our hopes up, but I think it's time to stop thinking in terms of HG claiming ownership of every individual element of SDFM and start thinking of HG being like any other anime licensee. The fact that Big West can distribute Flashback 2012, complete and uncut, demonstrates this.

2 minutes ago, Radd said:

My impression is that HG's days of claiming ownership of every little Macross design are over and that all they have are a license to distribute and merchandise the original TV series (and merchandise but not distribution for DYRL).

The fact that the SDFM and DYRL logos are missing from the official BigWest Macross twitter site says all I need to know about the HG/BW deal....

1500x500

1 hour ago, Einherjar said:

HG will need those SDF characters and designs for another reboot project to replace the last reboot that screwed up everything.

Or BW can just reboot SDFM with new Mikimoto/Kawamori designs for the "41" characters and mecha....and it won't matter what HG does with the original 41 designs....

12 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

image.thumb.png.e3349ef4abc4a23fd29aa7945a9fa661.png

when just a small sentence can generate so much joy :yahoo:

Macross for the whole world!!!! :yahoo:

Bandai / Arcadia SUIT UP and POWER UP your Manufacturing toy plants like ASAP!! , new comers(toy makers) are welcome too :D 

Time for arcadia to fill in the 1/100 scale slot since HMR is on hiatus...

Premium finish 1/100! :crazy:

I thought that in the section of the statement where Mr. Kawamori and Mr. Mikimoto chime in, Mr. Mikimoto specifically mentioned the tertiary goods, like the book collections and whatnot and hope he was also referring to Macross the First!  I would love to see a whole new release of those types of supplemental material such as the Variable Fighter Master File with English translation, and Macross the First would be nice translated to English, I know I would buy that stuff up!

Twich

1 minute ago, twich said:

I would love to see a whole new release of those types of supplemental material such as the Variable Fighter Master File with English translation, and Macross the First would be nice translated to English

Our Friends from the speaker pod cast would be MUCH busier :)

That is ok, I would love to see these materials, now that they seem to have the desire to spread this form of macross love to the rest of the world.  Not to mention, I would not mind if Bandai and Arcadia release/rerelease Macross Plus, Zero, 7, Frontier and Delta goods to the US without having to go through the secondary market.  I know that Arcadia is releasing a new SV-51Gamme Nora edition, but not info on pre-order, or if it will be available for those outside Japan can order.

Twich

Edited by twich

5 hours ago, Alex GS said:

image.thumb.png.e3349ef4abc4a23fd29aa7945a9fa661.png

when just a small sentence can generate so much joy :yahoo:

Macross for the whole world!!!! :yahoo:

Bandai / Arcadia SUIT UP and POWER UP your Manufacturing toy plants like ASAP!! , new comers(toy makers) are welcome too :D 

Yeah, Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Hikaru Strike. :wub:

Acradia 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich Premium Finish. :wub::wub:

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1D PF. :wub::wub:

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru DYRL? PF :wub::wub:

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S Super Valkyrie TV PF. :wub::wub::wub:

:lol: Yay! :yahoo: