TV Super Packs Color

joscasle

31 minutes ago, joscasle said:

What's the color of the super pack for the TV version? I will build the canon fodder, I know the Hikaru (ep27) it is more like a light green , but the canon fodder is more blue. But what blue.  Any idea/help?

Thanks

There should not be any difference.....if you are basing colors on what is depicted on screen, then yes, due to animation inconsistencies, you will find a wide range of colors for almost any mecha and accessory shown....otherwise, the fast pack colors for TV VF-1's should all be the same...unless it is for M&M, which are painted in their custom colors.........same goes for movie SSP

IMO...the colors as depicted on the IMAI Super VF-1S boxart oil painted illustration are my definitive TV Fast Pack colors....

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, joscasle said:

In episode 30 the packs are blue :huh:.

viva_miriya.jpg

yes, like I said, the variations seen in the actual show can just be attributed to animation errors or inconsistencies....it does not mean they are actually different "in-universe", as you can find all shades of green-blue across episodes....TBH, you should just go with whatever you feel makes sense to you

I have the 1/55 TV armor and I think it's too lightly colored. The Arcadia TV armor I think is colored just right. Of the two Hasegawa armors, I think the one on the left is the perfect shade.

I mixed a custom color after much, much experimentation. I wasn't happy with the Hasegawa color callouts for the TV armor. 

Anyway, I hope this helps. 

20210419_174609.jpg

20210419_174648.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late, but I agree, the Arcadia color is perfect, so Gabe's custom-mix that matches that is gonna be as good as it gets.  (and it's a "simple" mix too, there's so many that have like a 14:19:26:3 ratio....)

• 1 month later...

Ha ha! That old Imai box has two completely different colors for the fast packs right there next to each other! I think they both look good, and would love to see a build that uses the greenish hue.

All that being said, Gabe's blue mix looks just about perfect! I don't think you can go wrong with it, and I'm definitely going to have to steal that formula. Thanks for posting it, Gabe!

those above examples look great! Don't forget to consider that different planes would have different degrees of weathering or variations from the factory they were produced at, so it "realistic" to go with a shade/colour that looks pleasing to you!

On 6/20/2021 at 5:11 PM, Goodman Models said:

those above examples look great! Don't forget to consider that different planes would have different degrees of weathering or variations from the factory they were produced at, so it "realistic" to go with a shade/colour that looks pleasing to you!

Hi!! BTW love your podcast!! I won 2 prices last year jejejeje.

This is how the super parts look at the moment, 1/48 Super Valks are big!!

MVIMG_20210509_070536.jpg.fdd430973b28c5be7f24c70e0aef5804.jpg

Edited by joscasle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/26/2021 at 2:57 AM, Return To Kit Form said:

My CF VF-1A has a custom Tamiya mix of XF-66 Light Grey/XF-14 JA Grey/XF-26 Deep Green in a 2:1:1 ratio:20210213_152300.jpg.dceaf30468bf5dccb53d65407db6cafc.jpg

I really like your colour choice. Great compromise between some of the box art examples. Hope you don’t mind but I’ll probably use your formula. 😊

Edited by lochness