Jump to content

Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie


jvmacross

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

so wait is the armored parts only set (no valk) out yet not not?  iused a proxy buyer for mine this time.  want to know when to bug them.  lol.

The September batch is out, there is another batch that is due for release next month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Yup-that is the pin that shall never be fully seated on my open gbp set...no way amd I breaking this.

For future resale auctions what do we call this?
"GBP for sale, used, crotch pin intact" ?

 

Groin pin unmolested? :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

so wait is the armored parts only set (no valk) out yet not not?  iused a proxy buyer for mine this time.  want to know when to bug them.  lol.

Depends on which batch you preordered.   The 1st batch sold out very quickly, that one released in mid September..    And the 2nd batch will be out sometime in October  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mech9T8 said:

I have to wait another week for Nin Nin to ship?! Lol. 

Yup, they closed down my ticket/inquiry real fast too, like shut it you know what's good for you.

That's fine. After seeing everyone else's photos of the toy I feel like I own one already.:crazy:

Edited by Angesdad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, BlueMax said:

The prudent thing to do, in my humble opinion, is to get the still easily available armors at reasonable prices, like right now. Hedge yourself against the real possibility that you might get screwed over by them. If they do come through, then good for you, and you can still let go of your extra armor at little or even no loss.

Good idea @BlueMax.  If it were something a little more essential, I would do that next time.  I don't have to totally get this Armor set, I have the older Yamato 1/48 one that I put a lot of work into weathering and applying @Anasazi37's amazing decals on - so this is a "nice to have" not a "must have".  I'll wait it out and see.  Its mostly hearing about the NY horror stories here that has me anxious, otherwise I'd be blissfully unaware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

  I don't have to totally get this Armor set, I have the older Yamato 1/48 one that I put a lot of work into weathering and applying @Anasazi37's amazing decals on - so this is a "nice to have" not a "must have".  

It's a must have IMO. I like the DX stuff more than the Yamato stuff, but not by a huge margin. If I had a 1/48 Yamato collection I would not be clamoring to replace it with DX's. I would have to be in the position to know for sure, but I don't think I would ditch a Yamato collection for a DX one. Especially if I had all of the Yamato 1/48's I wanted. That said, the difference between the Yamato GBP and the Bandai GP is pretty big. Again, IMO the Bandai is MUCH better. I can't think of one way that the Yamato is better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Good idea @BlueMax.  If it were something a little more essential, I would do that next time.  I don't have to totally get this Armor set, I have the older Yamato 1/48 one that I put a lot of work into weathering and applying @Anasazi37's amazing decals on - so this is a "nice to have" not a "must have".  I'll wait it out and see.  Its mostly hearing about the NY horror stories here that has me anxious, otherwise I'd be blissfully unaware.

At the rate they rook over customers, I'm surprised that NY is even still in business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, Alex GS said:

has somebody here a received AmiAmi payment request email for the set?, thanks.

Nope not yet. HLJ billed right on release date.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:51 AM, borgified said:

I haven't yet, not sure if @eXis10z has either. I think Amiami is slow in getting invoices as I ordered another item (not Macross related) and it took a week after getting their batch in and then came the invoice later.

Surprised, but not worried in the slightest about the lack of an invoice from AmiAmi. They'll ask for money sooner or later, or if something crazy happens they'll cancel the order and I'll save $300-400 from the toy + shipping.

I went overboard and ordered (3) of the stand-alone sets so I'm fine with having just one combo.

-b.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Messaged Luna Park as there is still no movement on my tracking. 
 

They said it will ship out next week!?! Getting annoyed/concerned that they will Nippon Yasan me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Messaged Luna Park as there is still no movement on my tracking. 
 

They said it will ship out next week!?! Getting annoyed/concerned that they will Nippon Yasan me. 

I still need to message them myself, at this rate I feel like mine is going to be the last one out of the warehouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

between yesterday and today was an expensive shipping ride but an awesome one!, not sure if Im more happy that I got a VF 1D in that condition for that price  or finally got my shipping email for the VF 1J Armored Valk!( :D, and yep I follow the recommendation from @Tenbatsu, thanks! ) .:yahoo:

image.png.8613c44bfe061c2e9af651f6babd6546.png

image.png.c0f06f4c23e7d289a1ad4f47194a2f2f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Messaged Luna Park as there is still no movement on my tracking. 
 

They said it will ship out next week!?! Getting annoyed/concerned that they will Nippon Yasan me. 

My Luna Park order (VF-1J w/ armor) just arrived today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No rush for me as Amiami can let my copy of the combo set on the Warehouse shelf for that matter. If they need space, they'll send the invoice.

I also have a 1/6 figure that has just arrived at 1/6 fulfiller's warehouse (paid off) and the label has been created, but not yet shipped. Not in a rush to get it shipped as it can also sit in the shelf. If they need space badly for incoming stock, then they can ship it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2021 at 10:51 PM, borgified said:

I haven't yet, not sure if @eXis10z has either. I think Amiami is slow in getting invoices as I ordered another item (not Macross related) and it took a week after getting their batch in and then came the invoice later.

If your so impatience about getting your Macross fix the next round, then don't get it through Amiami anymore @Alex GS.   

Nope not yet. I actually dropped them an email last week and they said there was an issue with my address. Funny since I've been using that same address for the past few years and they've been shipping all my orders without issue so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally got my combo set from Anime export. Sadly the shipping was 7100 yen all the way to the east coast by DHL. Went together smooth cept for that crotch gap everyone else is getting below the nose cone. 

20211002_110532_HDR.jpg.7ba69956586977148788f934bf4b6b74.jpg

Still waiting on my payment request to pop from Ami Ami, if it ever happens lol

 

Edited by Duymon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand why most of you think that $70ish is a lot for shipping something to the other side of the planet in 2.3 days. With my UPS corporate account with a healthy discount it costs me $30 to send the same size package from MI to CA and it takes 4-5 days.

DHL is cheap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I don't understand why most of you think that $70ish is a lot for shipping something to the other side of the planet in 2.3 days. With my UPS corporate account with a healthy discount it costs me $30 to send the same size package from MI to CA and it takes 4-5 days.

DHL is cheap.

Because I've had orders for bigger items ship from DHL for cheaper.

It comes down to Anime-Export being a smaller store and not having the same cushy volume discount contracts like HLJ / Amazon / etc have

I put the armor on my existing 1J so I didn't check the included 1J with my combo pack. Seems to have a little worse QC, with a few parts with flash / nubs that I'll need to clean up

20211002_195527_HDR.jpg.f0c5fd706dbf8461634e568ba11417db.jpg

Edited by Duymon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Because I've had orders for bigger items ship from DHL for cheaper.

It comes down to Anime-Export being a smaller store and not having the same cushy volume discount contracts like HLJ / Amazon / etc have

So, cheap isn't good enough because it's not super cheap? Gotcha.:good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eh, shipping prices are going up across the board in the US. That's just the new normal here. People can point to whatever as the cause, and I'm sure that "good people" are on top of those statistics. :p For now, though, we are just catching up with the rest of the global community.

*cries in David Bowie* Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 11:24 PM, LUNA PARK said:

what is your order number, we will check for you.

 

regards

Uh Oh! My combo pack ordered from Luna Park was just scanned as delivered by DHL...in the wrong state! I live in Michigan, my tracking updated as "delivered" in Washington DC. Wth. Order # 10972.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you guys in the US have to pay a extra brokerage fee and customs, taxes & duties directly to DHL afterwards on top of the DHL shipment prices from the online stores?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Do you guys in the US have to pay a extra brokerage fee and customs, taxes & duties directly to DHL afterwards on top of the DHL shipment prices from the online stores?

NE USA, I’ve never had to pay any fees. I think you have to declare a value over 3k or something before you can get taxed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SUPERULTRAROBORIDER said:

Uh Oh! My combo pack ordered from Luna Park was just scanned as delivered by DHL...in the wrong state! I live in Michigan, my tracking updated as "delivered" in Washington DC. Wth. Order # 10972.

That sucks.😲

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The waist armor on my set is not pushed in all the way where the pin is located.  Good thing it doesn't need to for the stand adapter to attach.  Next pose coming soon.  :good:

Edited by sh9000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jvmacross changed the title to Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...