Jump to content

Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie


jvmacross

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

My Armored Valkyrie from Okiniland shipped yesterday.  There was no email about it so I checked the shipping status in my account.  I chose surface to save a little and I’m not in a hurry to get it.  I’ll probably leave it MISB.

I did the same thing, but they Fedex-ed me the Armored Parts set. I opened a ticket but have not heard from them. Anyone ever experience this with Okini? Is their customer service good?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, betocc said:

I had an order for the armor set 1st batch, it arrived the 27th Japan time to Dejapan warehouse, they shipped today to my EMS, hopefully you will have same experience as me.

Thanks,  I think I will just have to keep my finger crossed.  They did fulfilled the two previous orders I have placed with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

has somebody here a received AmiAmi payment request email for the set?, thanks.

I haven't yet, not sure if @eXis10z has either. I think Amiami is slow in getting invoices as I ordered another item (not Macross related) and it took a week after getting their batch in and then came the invoice later.

If your so impatience about getting your Macross fix the next round, then don't get it through Amiami anymore @Alex GS.   

Edited by borgified
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BlueMax said:

 

You'll be lucky if you get your stuff at all. I know I still haven't, from the super parts fiasco despite all my efforts. Good luck.

In other news, my stand alone armor arrived from Big-in-Japan! 
 

I know NY has screwed a lot of people here (they are my last resort).  I've been lucky so far (maybe pushing my luck) but they have never failed me yet - even with the VF-31A I still got it from them.  I don't mind getting my armor set in October as long as I actually get it (I couldn't get a pre-order in anywhere else).  I'd just hate to wait on them only to find out they couldn't get it and I've missed all these windows of opportunity at release time.  I think that's just the anxiety and fear I get when I read these forums and hear about all the horror stories from other members here that did get screwed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would urge people to be patient with their delivery updates from their vendors and not post every single question they might have.
The combo set was released less than a week ago, and to some vendors only on the 28th (mine)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I would urge people to be patient with their delivery updates from their vendors and not post every single question they might have.
The combo set was released less than a week ago, and to some vendors only on the 28th (mine)

 

I believe the reason people are asking is because the Luna Park rep stated that orders from the US and Canada should be delivered by Thursday. Whether that means it will all be shipped out by Thursday or actually delivered to customers in the US and Canada. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Norland said:

I believe the reason people are asking is because the Luna Park rep stated that orders from the US and Canada should be delivered by Thursday. Whether that means it will all be shipped out by Thursday or actually delivered to customers in the US and Canada. 

My LP order was shipped Monday. I got it today.

They're probably jammed up getting them packed up and out the door. It takes a lot longer to pack boxes than you would think. I was helping my guys get stuff packed up/shipped from 6am-2pm today. It's amazing how much we didn't get done. And it sucks. That's the last time I help them!:lol:

Keep in mind LP only has "X" number of employees. When you get let's say 200 unit of something in that needs to be mass shipped there aren't enough people to do it because the rest of the time you don't pay people to sit around. Taking 7-10 days to get all of their combo packs shipped out wouldn't surprise me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Keep in mind LP only has "X" number of employees. When you get let's say 200 unit of something in that needs to be mass shipped there aren't enough people to do it because the rest of the time you don't pay people to sit around. Taking 7-10 days to get all of their combo packs shipped out wouldn't surprise me.

I would accept that if LP came out and said that instead of opening their big mouthes and promising something they can’t deliver.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, borgified said:

I haven't yet, not sure if @eXis10z has either. I think Amiami is slow in getting invoices as I ordered another item (not Macross related) and it took a week after getting their batch in and then came the invoice later.

If your so impatience about getting your Macross fix the next round, then don't get it through Amiami anymore @Alex GS.   

 it was just a question also I usually never do this here in the forums, it doesn't mean I'm desperate or something :D , also I order dozens of things from AmiAmi since years now (new, used- letter conditions, etc), so pretty much know what is the time range from the time you put your order in and get the the payment request email :), usually after receiving their PO items it definitely doesn't take a week to create the shipping payment request email(at least for me that has never happened), it actually takes about two or three days, also is not like Japan retailers receive the items in release day, they receive them way before that time, heck  even at last year Covid AmiAmi usually were pretty damn fast with all those working Japan restrictions preparing orders (using DHL), still thanks @borgified for the answer in the first paragraph, will not do this kind of questions again . 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Luna's reply here on this thread and seeing other members here getting the combo ahead of our orders @Alex GS, don't blame you for the radio silence from AmiAmi as of now (not looking foward to see how much the DHL fees will be in shipping this oversized brick over to Canada). 

Since I also collect selected 1/6 figures, I'm usually fine with the delays if the company states that there are issues up front during production and they notify their customers right away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, wm cheng said:

I know NY has screwed a lot of people here (they are my last resort).  I've been lucky so far (maybe pushing my luck) but they have never failed me yet - even with the VF-31A I still got it from them.  I don't mind getting my armor set in October as long as I actually get it (I couldn't get a pre-order in anywhere else).  I'd just hate to wait on them only to find out they couldn't get it and I've missed all these windows of opportunity at release time.  I think that's just the anxiety and fear I get when I read these forums and hear about all the horror stories from other members here that did get screwed.

The prudent thing to do, in my humble opinion, is to get the still easily available armors at reasonable prices, like right now. Hedge yourself against the real possibility that you might get screwed over by them. If they do come through, then good for you, and you can still let go of your extra armor at little or even no loss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Toonz said:

I just realised that I chose ePacket shipping at Okini without knowing what ePacket is.

And there hasn't been any updates since 25th. Anyone chose ePacket? Am I in for a long wait?

 

Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 11.39.00 AM.png

 

ePacket from JPost is the same as Airmail Small Package from other vendors. Slower than EMS, but faster than the old SAL method.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VF-1J with GBP received. its Glorious... 

So vaguely remember reading this in the thread somewhere, but I just need to (minorly) vent.. What is with that tiny peg that is too tight in the bottom of the groin armor? its like they put it there just so there was something that would break super easily and you could give your Valkyrie that first little 'breakage' and feel bad like when you buy a brand new car and someone dings the door.  There are like 10-20 different kinds of engineered connectors on this thing, and then they give us that one off a 1982 Imai kit?!?!?

Note: I did not break it - YET.. but i did shave it down a bit with the x-acto

 

 

Edited by lavinrac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lavinrac said:

VF-1J with GBP received. its Glorious... 

So vaguely remember reading this in the thread somewhere, but I just need to (minorly) vent.. What is with that tiny peg that is too tight in the bottom of the groin armor? its like they put it there just so there was something that would break super easily and you could give your Valkyrie that first little 'breakage' and feel bad like when you buy a brand new car and someone dings the door.  There are like 10-20 different kinds of engineered connectors on this thing, and then they give us that one off a 1982 Imai kit?!?!?

Note: I did not break it - YET.. but i did shave it down a bit with the x-acto

 

 

I've put two sets of armor on and I can't for the life of me remember seeing what you and the other commenter are talking about. Do you have pics? Thanks!:hi:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I've put two sets of armor on and I can't for the life of me remember seeing what you and the other commenter are talking about. Do you have pics? Thanks!:hi:

I think he mean this one.646089852_Screenshot_20210930-0827362.png.76ac73151a3f319f79f76abda829a7b3.png

In some videos you can see they push to hard on it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's the one. Guaranteed breakage over time if you take the armor on and off. and yea, its molded too big to fit easily. Its just such a strange thing to see on a toy thats engineered so well in so many other places!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Froy said:

I think he mean this one.646089852_Screenshot_20210930-0827362.png.76ac73151a3f319f79f76abda829a7b3.png

In some videos you can see they push to hard on it

Ya know, I did see a little gap there. I didn't think much of it because everything was tight and I put the stand adapter on right away which goes right over that. Thanks for the heads up though. If I ever pull it apart I'll massage the....crotch.:p

BTW, if you want to use the stand adapter with a YetiStand the stand adapter needs to be trimmed a little bit.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Can you just not peg that in all the way? I don’t remember the last time I was worried about how the bottom of the crotch looked on any of my GBP armored Valks. Naked Valks on the other hand…🤣

Discriminating against GBP Valks is just not cool man, #GBPhascrotchestoo:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

Yup-that is the pin that shall never be fully seated on my open gbp set...no way amd I breaking this.

For future resale auctions what do we call this?
"GBP for sale, used, crotch pin intact" ?

 

Sounds like the infamous B tab on the Yamato 1/72 FY-19

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jvmacross changed the title to Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...