Jump to content

Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie


jvmacross

Recommended Posts

Whoever that is might have gotten one of the armor-only sets as well.

As for the comment about head-swapping being "difficult" I believe that comment was only about swapping between different valks.  Mixing and matching heads between A/J/S versions isn't so simple because the necks are different, and you'd need to detach the entire swivel mount, rather than just pop the head off of its ball-joint.

Gotta admit, that bundle package is pretty darn nice though, kind of makes me wish I'd sprung for the full set, but I already have three VF-1Js. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed I suspect the brown box is the armor-solo...at least the box width dimensions match up
My armor parts says they will ship to me on the 17th(reseller), so I could believe they are being sent out now.
I hope @jenius didn't do Sea-Mail this time...want to see the review soon  😛

image.png.d0afc6b825faaf24c074c02e59fec520.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Toonz said:

I think this must be the cover art.

241747194_2836457279999643_6269762538184449743_n.jpg

You probably mean the art on the side or flap of the box and not the actual 'cover art', right? The cover art should be grand somehow. ;) 

I have a feeling the image below is probably going to be featured somehow in the cover art.

81MztPmX7QS._AC_SL1500_.jpg.1de003e017fbbf9b734924a18dc4f18d.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

 

As for the comment about head-swapping being "difficult" I believe that comment was only about swapping between different valks.  Mixing and matching heads between A/J/S versions isn't so simple because the necks are different, and you'd need to detach the entire swivel mount, rather than just pop the head off of its ball-joint.

 

Bingo^^^^^

That must have been the context I was hearing about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

I'm just trying to remember who I ordered mine with now.  :)

Me trying to scroll back through old emails to search for confirmation messages to do the same.....

FilthyShadyCaterpillar-size_restricted.gif.e1b7c6c6b5b485b41a8582f4c510c600.gif

I really need to learn to be more organized.

 

Edited by mantisfists
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Believe it or not I have at least 4 DX Chogoking and keep them in mint condition in their box and so never transformed one of those, only pulled them out from its tray in fighter mode to feel the quality of the materials, and here is Bandai like: " oh so you dont want to feel the robot mode in your hands too?, so eat this full fledge DX fully transformed in robot mode!!" , and Im like "thank you Bandai" :D  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, do I get my Macross card revoked asking this question?
I always figured those slats under the chest and on the arms were just design features...to fill in the empty space.

Are these actually exhaust vents for the missiles when they launch out? Basically pressure release?

image.png.93ee1c5c54973301510944b25786ed9e.png

 

 

Cause I never see anything coming out of them if they were.

image.png.9832f9f507371cb585f12787e925d5f8.pngimage.png.c1cc2a425a629bff19662db3040efb00.png

 

I guess the are..doh!
image.png.ff93ba21a4c5361f703b03148f48dfbe.png

image.png.7b63659ca751cd03f891f1ea1dad5bf6.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

Believe it or not I have at least 4 DX Chogoking and keep them in mint condition in their box and so never transformed one of those, only pulled them out from its tray in fighter mode to feel the quality of the materials, and here is Bandai like: " oh so you dont want to feel the robot mode in your hands too?, so eat this full fledge DX fully transformed in robot mode!!" , and Im like "thank you Bandai" :D  

TBF it probably saves them transforming the figure into fighter mode before packaging so... Value engineering! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Ok, do I get my Macross card revoked asking this question?
I always figured those slats under the chest and on the arms were just design features...to fill in the empty space.

Are these actually exhaust vents for the missiles when they launch out? Basically pressure release?

image.png.93ee1c5c54973301510944b25786ed9e.png

 

 

Cause I never see anything coming out of them if they were.

image.png.9832f9f507371cb585f12787e925d5f8.pngimage.png.c1cc2a425a629bff19662db3040efb00.png

A bit can be seen here. Seems to be vents.2035101554_images(23).jpeg.fb1f63fa7540d4c4e18be7444ca61751.jpeg

Screenshot_20210916-133919~2.png

Edited by Froy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, borgified said:

From another Macross thread via Metal Box's Twitter account -  https://twitter.com/metalboxch

E_Y3aZ1VUAETmon.jpg

Called it. ;) 

On 9/14/2021 at 11:22 AM, no3Ljm said:

You probably mean the art on the side or flap of the box and not the actual 'cover art', right? The cover art should be grand somehow. ;) 

I have a feeling the image below is probably going to be featured somehow in the cover art.

81MztPmX7QS._AC_SL1500_.jpg.1de003e017fbbf9b734924a18dc4f18d.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Do y'all think Bandai has somehow incorporated the "updates" on this 1J? - such as nosecone hinge with a lip, etc.. Personally I like the folding hatch on the D.

I would assume yes since they already modified that after 1J. Unless they just went back and reused the old mold which it's going to be weird thing to do. But since this is Bandai, let's wait and see.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jvmacross changed the title to Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...