Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Done...Sadly, we can't even get the "veterans" to lead by example and post sales links in the appropriate "Where to Buy" threads, let alone the newbies... ;)

Very sorry to cross- post this one, but I think some members will not want to miss out on this:

"

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e1019383782

OK, ridiculously too good to be true. DX VF-1J + armor set. Opened for inspection only. Less than a day remaining.  As of this listing, 11 Yen. Not 11k. Eleven. 

Someone find out why it's this price in the fine print. Otherwise, open those wallets, lady (?) and gentlemen!"

29 minutes ago, f-valk said:

Very sorry to cross- post this one, but I think some members will not want to miss out on this:

"

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e1019383782

OK, ridiculously too good to be true. DX VF-1J + armor set. Opened for inspection only. Less than a day remaining.  As of this listing, 11 Yen. Not 11k. Eleven. 

Someone find out why it's this price in the fine print. Otherwise, open those wallets, lady (?) and gentlemen!"

Members here can find the links when posted in the correct sections of the site...they do not need for you to post in two different areas of the site....unless it is a link to a recent PO (ex. 2 weeks after PO night or 2 weeks after release day) just post links to sites offering a deal or the item in the "where to buy" threads.....

I think you are new here, but you have been told about this behavior on a number of occasions by a few different members....I hope you can act accordingly going forward since you now know exactly how you should be posting these type of sale links

The FOMO kicked in. I caved and used my N-Y refund to buy this set from Luna Park. And it's now costing me $70 CAD more...... Damn you N-Y!!! Luna Park has about the same price as the Ebay sellers I'm seeing, but I would rather buy from a store. I really wish we could get these things closer to MSRP. This figure is now my second most expensive nerd purchase after HasLab Unicron which is crazy. Now I wait to see if Luna Park actually has stock to send me. Embrace the suck!!!  😭

4 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

The FOMO kicked in. I caved and used my N-Y refund to buy this set from Luna Park. And it's now costing me $70 CAD more...... Damn you N-Y!!! Luna Park has about the same price as the Ebay sellers I'm seeing, but I would rather buy from a store. I really wish we could get these things closer to MSRP. This figure is now my second most expensive nerd purchase after HasLab Unicron which is crazy. Now I wait to see if Luna Park actually has stock to send me. Embrace the suck!!!  😭

As long that you're happy then that is all that matters. :good:

On 11/19/2021 at 1:19 AM, borgified said:

You missed the boat on getting a unit close to MRSP on Manda @Paco Grande. Embrace the Macross Tax from Luna! :cray:

Plus whatever tax the CBSA slaps on (DHL and Import Taxes).

Not sure why you care so much about other people's spending habits. But for your info, this is the second Bandai DX I've ordered from Luna Park and both times they shipped DHL and somehow avoided the border taxes. They charge quite a bit for shipping, so they may be including the taxes ahead of time like Amazon Japan and there are no surprise fees later. Or maybe they are marking down the value like AE and others. Not sure. Yes I paid the late tax for this, but I was expecting another tax assault later that did not happen so that's good.

Oh, and you were also concerned about me buying the Lego UCS AT-AT earlier. Just to keep you informed I purchased it last night and I'm really looking forward to assembling it. 👍

1 hour ago, pezley said:

How are we pricing the VF1J original release now ? With buying the GBP set i have my original sitting around. Has it dropped back to retail levels due to the double pack or is it higher because it was a first run

The current going price for the first release VF1J seems to be stable at 42k yen unopened and has not been affected by the re-release as far as I can see it. It will most likely never drop back to MSRP just the nature of this game.

Edited by Angesdad

1 hour ago, pezley said:

How are we pricing the VF1J original release now ? With buying the GBP set i have my original sitting around. Has it dropped back to retail levels due to the double pack or is it higher because it was a first run

4 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

The current going price for the first release VF1J seems to be stable at 42k yen unopened and has not been affected by the re-release as far as I can see it. It will most likely never drop back to MSRP just the nature of this game.

From my perspective I think the OG 1J should see a market value drop. Heck, you can get the 1J/GBP set for the same price! But, I don't care about things being first release, coming with special stand I won't use anyway, rare, etc. To a lot of people that sort of stuff matters.

If I was smart (and had the time) I would sell my four OG VF-1J's and use that money to buy VF-1J/GBP sets......and effectively have four free sets of GBP armor. What I would do with them I have no idea.:lol:

12 minutes ago, Mog said:

^^Customize three of the GBP armors 😉

I’m sure there’s a ton of ideas you can glean from the board and galleries here.

I got an extra set of armor just in case I want to do that Roy setup that Bandai displayed. The big problem is the tampo printing. Specifically the stripes. How do you get close to replicating that? From what I understand about @Anasazi37's method for making water slides that would be one heck of a project.

If I had water slides to do a Roy it would alreday be in process. the one Bandai showed is awesome.:wub:

A bunch of non cannon GBP's would be fun. Stealth, Low Vis, Camo, etc. But man, the cost of all of the valks, armor and custom work needed would be pretty impressive.

Edited by sqidd

58 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I got an extra set of armor just in case I want to do that Roy setup that Bandai displayed. The big problem is the tampo printing. Specifically the stripes. How do you get close to replicating that? From what I understand about @Anasazi37's method for making water slides that would be one heck of a project.

If I had water slides to do a Roy it would alreday be in process. the one Bandai showed is awesome.:wub:

A bunch of non cannon GBP's would be fun. Stealth, Low Vis, Camo, etc. But man, the cost of all of the valks, armor and custom work needed would be pretty impressive.

Easiest method is probably an airbrush and some stencils/templates so you can be consistent.

Could even cut the templates on a CNC, or print them up with a 3D printer.

3 hours ago, Mog said:

I’ve always liked @lordmasterprince’s brown GBP custom:  

I’m sure someone could scheme some ideas for M&M and some other Valks too.

That's sweet!

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Easiest method is probably an airbrush and some stencils/templates so you can be consistent.

:good:

13 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Hey that’s cool! I am surprised nobody has yet tried this with his DX GBP.:clapping:

Thanks! I really do like the GBP on a Gerwalk. :good: 

I don't think it can though on the DX GBP. The knee portion of the armor I believe is connected like one piece to the portion of the leg front armor. Whereas on the YamArcadia GBP once you unscrew it, the leg front portion and the knee portion will separate.

Edited by no3Ljm

9 hours ago, sqidd said:

If you wanted to replicate the level of detail on the existing DX GBP, but do different variants like the Roy that was displayed, well, yeah, it would be a pretty big project to do that right.

8 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

High resolution vinyl cutter with low-tack film, like Oracal 631, would be the way to go. I use that combo often for stencils when I'm airbrushing. The cutters are surprisingly affordable. I have a Silhouette Cameo 4. For me, stencils work best for simple stuff. Single colors, straight forward geometry, etc. For everything else I switch to decals.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mark-1s said:

/\/\/\/\/\

Great timing! Are you going to wait 'till Christmas to open it? 😄

I might keep this one sealed in its beautiful box as I already have another one opened.  I will start taking new pics of the Armored Valkyrie soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible for someone to create some sort of non-destructive decal/sticker type thing that would cover the '1' and have other options such as 2 or 3 or 4 etc?
Or even a combination like 21 or something? I wish they would have made the chest piece a plug in option sort of like what they did with the skull logos on the strike packs

Once you have 1 GBP, putting another one next to it on display feels weird when they all say '1' even with the different heads.
Any sort of number scheme option would really help out a multi display I believe.

image.png.2ab62392bbaf33f34662d76cd117f597.png

9 hours ago, Shawn said:

Would it be possible for someone to create some sort of non-destructive decal/sticker type thing that would cover the '1' and have other options such as 2 or 3 or 4 etc?
Or even a combination like 21 or something? I wish they would have made the chest piece a plug in option sort of like what they did with the skull logos on the strike packs

Once you have 1 GBP, putting another one next to it on display feels weird when they all say '1' even with the different heads.
Any sort of number scheme option would really help out a multi display I believe.

image.png.2ab62392bbaf33f34662d76cd117f597.png

Matching the exact shades of red and white and ensuring that there aren't visible artifacts from the printing process, so it wouldn't look cheesy, would be challenging.

44 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I agree it would be a challenge.

It looks like Toynami did something like this on ne of their releases
image.png.108c84e0d47bfb37a944949fb0bb87b7.png

That's exactly what I was picturing in my mind (not the toy itself, the optical impact). That's probably on the upper end of what the end result would look like.