Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

47 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Anyone who ordered from hobby-genki, did you get your 1J armored parts set yet? 

Just wanna check their reliability....

Yes, it's been my first and only order with them so far and they were the first shop I ordered a set from that shipped mine out.

-b.

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Yes, it's been my first and only order with them so far and they were the first shop I ordered a set from that shipped mine out.

-b.

TQVM! :hi:

Did you feel their shipping rates are in line with other retailers? Rough ball park of course, since the armored parts set might not be a common sized.

22 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Here's another one $0.70 less from the link you posted. ;) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353726889407

If they are going to go the ebay route, and if they have an American express card they can save another $5. :lol:

"American Express via Amex Offers is offering select American Express Cardholders: $5 Statement Credit when you spend $15 or more w/ your enrolled Amex Card and make a purchase at eBay Online (purchases must be made in USD via the US version of the website). Offer valid through December 31, 2021 or while offer last.

Thanks to Deal Editor StrawMan86 for finding this deal

Note, offer/availability may vary by cardholder. Please login to your American Express account to see if you're eligible to add this offer to your card"

53 minutes ago, F360 said:

If they are going to go the ebay route, and if they have an American express card they can save another $5. :lol:

"American Express via Amex Offers is offering select American Express Cardholders: $5 Statement Credit when you spend $15 or more w/ your enrolled Amex Card and make a purchase at eBay Online (purchases must be made in USD via the US version of the website). Offer valid through December 31, 2021 or while offer last.

Thanks to Deal Editor StrawMan86 for finding this deal

Note, offer/availability may vary by cardholder. Please login to your American Express account to see if you're eligible to add this offer to your card"

Shoot. I can't use my wife's card. She's the only one who has AmEx. :lol:  

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

TQVM! :hi:

Did you feel their shipping rates are in line with other retailers? Rough ball park of course, since the armored parts set might not be a common sized.

No problem at all, shipping wasn't bad for just the parts, 2,990 JPY for DHL. I'd honestly consider ordering from them again.

-b.

Does Bandai have a PDF of the Armored Parts Set instructions out for download anywhere?  I thought I should ask first since the last time I scanned the instruction booklets in, I found out the next day there were all already done from Bandai's site already (that URL no longer works now).

No it came with the booklet, but I always scan all the instructions into my computer and access it on the screen, because I usually keep the instructions sealed in their baggies inside their boxes stacked away.  This one was only two sides, so I scanned it anyways.

I still have my combo set still in the box from Amiami when it was delivered (and yes @no3Ljm I’m suffocating both the valk and Hikaru at the same time). :lol:

I’ll crack open the seals and check it out later on after work, unless @peter  (or other members) has the combo set and checked it out already.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

I still have my combo set still in the box from Amiami when it was delivered (and yes @no3Ljm I’m suffocating both the valk and Hikaru at the same time). :lol:

I’ll crack open the seals and check it out later on after work, unless @peter  (or other members) has the combo set and checked it out already.

Let them breathe. Hahaha! :lol: 

9 hours ago, f-valk said:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x1016554602

So this listing is for 6 armor sets X 11k yen each.

You just have to flex that Proxy buying service of your choice. 

I have been keeping my eyes on this listing for some time, but nobody seems to go for it.:unknw:Odd, because it is a good deal even with all the proxy fees, shipping, and duties in. I almost bought another one but decided no because the armor parts is very specific to J and I don't see it go well with other vf variants. 

Edited by Angesdad

2 hours ago, f-valk said:

Is this a color- match issue or a fitment issue.  I know the vd-1d cockpit is more elongated compared to its brothers

I could check it myself,  but misbmisb.... :unsure::wacko::blink::fool:

Both but more of a fitment issue as 1D has a chest piece with flat top to compensate for the two seater design.

flat.jpg.1c1d12cb946ff93ad89cc94e63f219df.jpg

4 hours ago, Angesdad said:

I have been keeping my eyes on this listing for some time, but nobody seems to go for it.:unknw:Odd, because it is a good deal even with all the proxy fees, shipping, and duties in. I almost bought another one but decided no because the armor parts is very specific to J and I don't see it go well with other vf variants. 

Some customize will have fun repainting it for Max and Roy, so that is one reason to get multiples.

35 minutes ago, borgified said:

Did some backtracking in the thread and according to the instructions on the combo set, Patricia followed the order that was in the book @Froy

Just passing in the message, don’t shoot the person that handed the note if your ticked off. 

I think based on Froy's comment and image post, he is just pointing out that the arm armor was inverted when they were putting it the first time. ;) 

Believe it or not I managed to get a refund from Nippon Yassan by complaining to PayPal. Thankfully I was still within 6 months. 
Now to decide if I really want this armor set after all. It’s been an expensive year. 
Do we think this set will be easier to get for a decent price in the future like Roy? Or will the price go up?

I missed out on preorder night for Roy, ended up paying premium for my copies at about 26k yen. A Roy would cost you about the same a year after its release today, and it is rather easy to track one down. I feel it would be the same case for the GBP set. Anywhere between 35-37k now and will probably stay that way because of its production level being a major hero valk.

btw, congrats you got money back from NY:good:

Edited by Angesdad

5 minutes ago, borgified said:

So your willing to shell out close to $1k CDN for the UCS AT-AT (not including the HST at 15%) @Paco Grande?

Yup. I skipped the Falcon and the Star Destroyer UCS sets due to cost and lack of space, but I'm not skipping this one. I'm selling a few figures to help pay for it. Same thing I did for the HasLab Unicron. To make the wife happy. 

Well all right. Nin-nin finally shipping the 1j + armor set by slow boat. It only took them 39 days to put the figure into shipping box. :blink:

Hope to see you Feb- March,  GBP :pardon:

5 hours ago, Angesdad said:

I suppose as long as you see it at all in the next decade, N2G prevails!

I had been posting some good deals online still available for this release, and sort of a personal reminder of the deals I (would) miss out on, because NNG was holding my moneys.

(Yes,  I mentally torture myself a lot).

Speaking of deals, here's another one for the armor parts- only: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r1015921127

There are Nine sets available. 

• jvmacross changed the title to Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie