Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This is the first time I noticed this. So the kite logo on the leg armor is mostly based on ARII's box art?

263604-73890-49-pristine.jpg.f93ebb2515dfc28db6e45d22e5a41b3c.jpg b1222_box.jpg.bd89e34d24bf055b1075b81c4e703455.jpg

Illustrator's preference?.....on the left is Takani....on the right is Suzuki...and Tenjin went with a white kite on grey background...although maybe he was just trying to differentiate it as a "DYRL" type kite for the GBP?  Off the top of my head I don't think it was actually drawn/animated in it's brief film appearance....

9ueO4F3.jpeg

14 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Had to order as one of those small filler pieces. Thanks!

Haha no pre-order madness for this one!

10 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I had an entire catalog of pinup girls and assorted artwork that was sized to fit on the inner right leg section of the Yamato 1/48 GBP, sourced from Artmic, the Macross Hobby Handbook, and some model kit decal sheets:

https://sites.google.com/site/tridentdesignworksdecals/yamato/1-48/gbp-1s-leg-art

I had the original "Next Objective" pinup on my repro 1/55 set, but I think some folks asked for it in 1/48 back in the day:

https://sites.google.com/site/tridentdesignworksdecals/bandai/1-55/gbp-1s-reproduction

Ohh cool...with the new 1/48 DX armor parts, these decals would look great on em if there was any..

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

That's actually pretty cool...I may get one too!  No HG license? 

large.1399749308_RoyBotDX.jpg.803eeea4e2

Haha 1/48 (?) DX roy bot!!😀 I was also looking for some HG logo somewhere but didnt notice any....

This reminds me of those viral people you find at walmart photos....this would be under the macross you find at walmart...😁

On 10/8/2021 at 11:09 AM, jenius said:

I'm with you! Definitely a store of last resort and hopefully not the next NY. 

Me 3 here, they do not care their business. Last reply from one of the members said, they are moving the warehouse causing the delay - what a shame to choose the "right" time and piss off customers :(

On 10/11/2021 at 4:11 PM, Froy said:

Taking some time to clean the old Yammie.

I also trying to get a nice back ground to shoot some comparison pics

IMG_20211011_175923.jpg.83b583a3fcaa768e1e4c04de6efb166b.jpg

Also, didn't remember how loose and fiddly the Yamato is.

The Yamato mold doesn't look that bad next to the DX.  If the Yammies elimited stickers and everything came tampo'd, I bet they would still sell....as long as they were cheaper than the Bandai offerings.

On 10/3/2021 at 3:47 PM, SUPERULTRAROBORIDER said:

Uh Oh! My combo pack ordered from Luna Park was just scanned as delivered by DHL...in the wrong state! I live in Michigan, my tracking updated as "delivered" in Washington DC. Wth. Order # 10972.

Ok, my combo pack did arrive safely. Well packed by Luna Park. Thanks!

PXL_20211009_035401054.jpg

9 hours ago, LUNA PARK said:

Hope that our customers enjoy the unboxing video

I think you forgot to put the cradle for the boosters on for parts of the video, that's why the boosters/backpack flopped back.

It's obvious that Patricia is not versed in putting on the GBP Armor guys unlike us that are experts on how things should be done properly. Give her some room and send your pointers to @LUNA PARK for the next DX release to be reviewed. 

Edited by borgified

4 hours ago, peter said:

The Yamato mold doesn't look that bad next to the DX.  If the Yammies elimited stickers and everything came tampo'd, I bet they would still sell....as long as they were cheaper than the Bandai offerings.

Sure is a delight to see them together. And side by side you couldn't tell there is a 15 years gap between both designs. 

IMG_20211011_172245.jpg.8f96118eeb6c06fc7b32da2ad9a014a2.jpgIMG_20211011_172302.jpg.feafeb94f40c95b7a2b695f96cf36a33.jpg

It is just me or Bandai pilot figures are a bit small? 

Edited by Froy

1 hour ago, Froy said:

Wait. I think this is illegal...

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Not in my house.........if you know what I mean.:spiteful:

They can put a disclaimer " no valkyrie were harmed in making of this video" :lol:

But, this can happen to anyone, im sure we all wear our clothes backward without noticing once in a while :ph34r:

20 hours ago, Froy said:

Sure is a delight to see them together. And side by side you couldn't tell there is a 15 years gap between both designs. 

IMG_20211011_172245.jpg.8f96118eeb6c06fc7b32da2ad9a014a2.jpgIMG_20211011_172302.jpg.feafeb94f40c95b7a2b695f96cf36a33.jpg

It is just me or Bandai pilot figures are a bit small? 

Yeah it's not just you, the Bandai pilots are malnourished for sure.  The SDFM pilots are even worse thant the DYRL versions because the flight suits are inherently smaller.

Has anyone who ordered the Combo from Nin-Nin gotten any communication from them? It's been sitting at "under preparation" status for 2 weeks now. They've usually come through for me, but the 6-month Paypal deadline is creeping up in 2 weeks and I'm a bit anxious.

45 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

Has anyone who ordered the Combo from Nin-Nin gotten any communication from them? It's been sitting at "under preparation" status for 2 weeks now. They've usually come through for me, but the 6-month Paypal deadline is creeping up in 2 weeks and I'm a bit anxious.

Not a peep here. Maybe I should also be checking with PayPal.

1 hour ago, leeboo1211 said:

Did you try reaching out to them?

27 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Did you try reaching out to them?

Yeah I left a message on the order in their website. No reply yet. Although I just realized they have an announcement on their website that they are moving to a bigger warehouse this week so shipments are temporarily suspended. 

3 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

Yeah I left a message on the order in their website. No reply yet. 

I ordered the combo with Nin-Nin at beginning of October, and it is also still at preparing- for-packaging stage. No response on their website as well.

1 hour ago, leeboo1211 said:

Yeah I left a message on the order in their website. No reply yet. Although I just realized they have an announcement on their website that they are moving to a bigger warehouse this week so shipments are temporarily suspended. 

I see. So it's just a waiting game then. Would be nice though if they can somehow let you guys know 'that we got your orders filled but we're going to ship it a little bit later due to us moving warehouses' kind of announcement, right?

1 hour ago, kkx said:

AmiAmi have taken my money for the combo set for over a week now and still have no sign of shipping them.

Anyone else have their combo set shipped from AmiAmi?

I had to message them on their website before things started to move. Have you done that yet?

@kkx and @Norland -  I've got the email of payment a week after Amiami had stock in. Paid the full amount last week Thursday, shipped out just this  Tuesday, now at DHL's distribution hub in YVR with delivery tommorow mid-afternoon. 

Amiami is slow in sending stuff out, however you'll get it. Is it that desperate to get your DX fix right away?? You might as well propose to it now and then marry it when it gets here like its now or never.