Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

I'll break into this discussion once to remind everyone-

Our volunteer moderators do their best to keep posts from occasionally derailing, but the majority of the responsibility for the discussion quality here is on YOU.
Not everything requires a comment back. Not everyon will agree with your opinions.

Please stay on topic and respectful to other members here. 

S

32 minutes ago, crackpot said:

The US post office charged you an extra $66? How?

I'm in Mexico.

For all the years I have being buying from over seas it is the 3rd time I pay taxes.

As far as I know only 10% of all packages that go thru customs are acutally checked and charged some taxes. 

11 minutes ago, Froy said:

I'm in Mexico.

For all the years I have being buying from over seas it is the 3rd time I pay taxes.

As far as I know only 10% of all packages that go thru customs are acutally checked and charged some taxes. 

Oh ok. Since you said USD, I thought you were located in the US. Still sucks you have to pay extra. 

Something cool going thru the instructions.

On the first page on how to install the armor parts the first step is on switching the heads.

IMG_20211007_191216.jpg.93bc1d59d00bc025638879a806a64cc4.jpg

But on the part about transforming from battroid to fighter. The first step is switching the heads again.

IMG_20211007_191226.jpg.5d651ce60a116d54108c88181e6c2a2c.jpg

Is some part of the visor actually ejected with the rest of the armor? Or it is just anime magic?

31 minutes ago, Froy said:

Something cool going thru the instructions.

On the first page on how to install the armor parts the first step is on switching the heads.

IMG_20211007_191216.jpg.93bc1d59d00bc025638879a806a64cc4.jpg

But on the part about transforming from battroid to fighter. The first step is switching the heads again.

IMG_20211007_191226.jpg.5d651ce60a116d54108c88181e6c2a2c.jpg

Is some part of the visor actually ejected with the rest of the armor? Or it is just anime magic?

Maybe it's just the ideal step in the process to just go back to a non-grey visor or grey visor version of the VF-1J....probably is not possible or just more difficult to swap heads once the transformation to fighter has been completed...

Also, the animation seems to switch between grey and non-grey visor during the sequence....but what I want to know is where is the red-visored VF-1J head?

On 10/7/2021 at 10:44 AM, crackpot said:

If it doesn't go out by the 9th there, don't expect it before the 15th as they will be moving to a larger warehouse during that period. 

Frustrating. My order with nin nin has been in 'preparation in progress' since Monday, does not seem to move at all. Don't think I'll ever buy from them again.☹️  

Just now, Angesdad said:

Frustrating. My order with nin nin has been in 'preparation in progress' since Monday, does not seem to move at all. Don't think I'll ever buy from them again.☹️  

I'm with you! Definitely a store of last resort and hopefully not the next NY. 

5 hours ago, Angesdad said:

from my previous purchases with nin nin games , it normally takes almost 2 weeks to ship my orders out..  They are not fast on shipping things out. 

6 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Still no movement on my order either. Was really hoping it would ship this week. 

On 10/7/2021 at 12:10 AM, Toonz said:

Alright guys, here'a an update.

I removed that little peg with my trusty little saw and it all went well.

All four pieces of the leg armor snapped together nice and tight as if there wasn't any flaws.

So, to those who have yet to receive their set and IF (just IF, ok) you happen to have two left or even right back leg armor, don't worry, cut that crap off, assemble and TADA! 

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

Nice! Love the photo. :good:

Got some time to play with my combo.

So far zero issues.

Only found out that the left shoulder and the socket for the left hand are a bit loose (not to the point of compromising posability)

IMG_20211008_173530.jpg.86a9f5f45be55a314dfeaa822f1c0b05.jpg

A minor inconvenient (almost had a haert attack), missile cover just fell off while installing the leg parts. It just needed a little bit more glue at the factory. Easy fix.

IMG_20211008_173545.jpg.5d4c5aab882300e4571ddb819dd4bcc9.jpg

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This is the first time I noticed this. So the kite logo on the leg armor is mostly based on ARII's box art?

looks like it. i think i saw there was a difference decades back of a red on white kite, but you have jogged my memories again....

and kinda forgot abt the girl on the inner leg of the imai's version....vintage itasha...😅 would be nice if bandai had boxart DX versions to be released...

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

looks like it. i think i saw there was a difference decades back of a red on white kite, but you have jogged my memories again....

and kinda forgot abt the girl on the inner leg of the imai's version....vintage itasha...😅 would be nice if bandai had boxart DX versions to be released...

Would be nice if Bandai included extra waterslide decal to copy the box art more. But you can just get your own. ;)

https://transportation.water-slides.biz/pinupsplus-model-building-pinup-girl-waterslide-decal-stickers.html

Spoiler

1012815947__57.JPG.7eb0effbcec8474f3cfbfca2f7960874.JPG

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Would be nice if Bandai included extra waterslide decal to copy the box art more. But you can just get your own. ;)

or rummage thru some hasegawa or bandai kits for minmay itasha decals :rolleyes:

thats a biz opportunity for custom SDFM/DYRL minmay, misa, claudia or the bride bunnies decals tho! 😁

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

or rummage thru some hasegawa or bandai kits for minmay itasha decals :rolleyes:

thats a biz opportunity for custom SDFM/DYRL minmay, misa, claudia or the bride bunnies decals tho! 😁

Minmay Itasha. Roger that. ;)

https://www.redbubble.com/i/sticker/Macross-Lynn-Minmay-Nose-Art-by-fareast/53831299.EJUG5

minmay_pinup.jpg.78560b766df0b009e0e588edb378f59b.jpg

On 10/7/2021 at 10:04 PM, jvmacross said:

large.1077831594_GBPDXHangar.jpg.9ccab55

On 10/7/2021 at 10:33 PM, jvmacross said:

large.849694155_GBPDXHangar2.jpg.9ca0246

On 10/7/2021 at 10:51 PM, jvmacross said:

large.516880699_GBPMissMacross.jpg.79313

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

👍

large.585580166_GBPsortielaunchBG2.jpg.2

18 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.1294959369_GBPsortielaunchDX2.jpg.

10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.1003039829_GBPMissMacross4.jpg.3fd

Nice work @jvmacross.  All of them came out cool.  :hi:

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

https://transportation.water-slides.biz/pinupsplus-model-building-pinup-girl-waterslide-decal-stickers.html

Reveal hidden contents

1012815947__57.JPG.7eb0effbcec8474f3cfbfca2f7960874.JPG

I had an entire catalog of pinup girls and assorted artwork that was sized to fit on the inner right leg section of the Yamato 1/48 GBP, sourced from Artmic, the Macross Hobby Handbook, and some model kit decal sheets:

https://sites.google.com/site/tridentdesignworksdecals/yamato/1-48/gbp-1s-leg-art

I had the original "Next Objective" pinup on my repro 1/55 set, but I think some folks asked for it in 1/48 back in the day:

https://sites.google.com/site/tridentdesignworksdecals/bandai/1-55/gbp-1s-reproduction