Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

10 hours ago, borgified said:

Don't listen to @Slave IV as you have to mail the re-issues down to So Cal. I can swing over to your place in roughly 20 mins and take it from you. 😛

Hahahahaha!  These old chunkies are more popular than I thought, will try to post pics of the thing beside my GBP 1J later if I can sneak away from work for a bit :)

6 minutes ago, Shawn said:

What is the missile count of the GBP vs the Legioss (we can include the Imai arm missile box too)
Who would win in a stand off  :)

Always the GBP...but that's my personal bias, lol!  Macross above all else, even if it is totally unreasonable.

Those two are to scale right?  

GBP for sure 😁

1 hour ago, peter said:

Always the GBP...but that's my personal bias, lol!  Macross above all else, even if it is totally unreasonable.

Those two are to scale right?  

GBP for sure 😁

Depends on if you're judging by missile count or amount of on-screen smoke lol

22 hours ago, peter said:

IMG_20210929_174822.jpg.5152e210e95fb1665d20cf376ae11993.jpg

Lots of DYRL hands.... Can never get enough of these.  Wish there was an easy way to make these fit onto my old Yammies.

I thought you meant Bandai surprisingly included the GBP DYRL-fists, but alas, I think those are just the same extra hands that came with the original standalone 1J release:

from Anymoon:

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-10.jpg?resize=768

Dug my chunky out. The box isn't in the best shape, but the toy itself  basically stays in the box in a dark room. 

IMG_20211005_135344.jpg.7f21620d35aae40720f5b8f27ecad922.jpg

IMG_20211005_135357.jpg.b2394b3bd6b8916562d3644a671bb866.jpg

Such a breeze to transform the old chunkies, lol! 

IMG_20211005_135407.jpg.de0847f69f41a64b36510068d85099c6.jpg

The other 1J Hikaru in my collection (Hasegawa 1/72 1J).  Building models has really pulled me away from toy collecting the last few years. 

Edited by peter
edited for spelling

1 hour ago, peter said:

Dug my chunky out. The box isn't in the best shape, but the toy itself  basically stays in the box in a dark room. 

Nice to see them both side-by-side....

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?va=マクロス+1%2F55+VF-1J&b=1&n=100&auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&exflg=&p=バンダイ+超時空要塞マクロス+1%2F55+VF-1J+バルキリー&x=0&y=0

If someone wanted to buy that 1/55 re-issue VF-1J straight from Japan, they would be looking at between 100-150 USD (based on condition) shipped to the US....so it's definitely "worth" something...

Only the "Origin of Valkyrie" version is more valuable...in terms of the 1/55 re-issues

2 hours ago, peter said:

IMG_20211005_135357.jpg.b2394b3bd6b8916562d3644a671bb866.jpg

Such a breeze to transform the old chunkies, lol! 

IMG_20211005_135407.jpg.de0847f69f41a64b36510068d85099c6.jpg

The other 1J Hikaru in my collection (Hasegawa 1/72 1J).  Building models has really pulled me away from toy collecting the last few years. 

Cool! But that 1/55 is ugly in comparison. You should give it away!:D

Just kidding! You NEED to keep that for your collection!

53 minutes ago, Toonz said:

receive mine today from okiniland BUT, i have TWO LEFT LEG ARMORS!

1A65F782-37DF-4A57-849C-726DFF3FD5B3.jpeg

Holy!

I should be picking up mine from the post office.

I can't tell with all certain for now but the pieces seem not to be mirrored except for the place of the peg. It may be an easy fix if you can't get a replacement.

Check the side conectors.

2 hours ago, Toonz said:

receive mine today from okiniland BUT, i have TWO LEFT LEG ARMORS!

1A65F782-37DF-4A57-849C-726DFF3FD5B3.jpeg

This reminds me of the previous debacle with the HMR VF-1A Hikaru.....:wacko:

I wonder if this is just an issue with the Combo pack......which unfortunately is the more expensive release of the GBP...smh

Maybe it would be best to leave it MISB.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXHHz95XMFXq7zvvUJM-l

well, what a lousy day to receive something so awesome that turned out to be a let down. I have sent a ticket to okiniland and if a replacement is not possible, I will have to operate on it. very tempted to order another one and if the same thing happens again, that will be case no.2

1 hour ago, Yertle said:

This is finally the impetus for me to contact Luna Park directly because mine is still in limbo

For sure, I sent an email and they responded the next day. You can @ them here JIC. 

1 hour ago, Toonz said:

well, what a lousy day to receive something so awesome that turned out to be a let down. I have sent a ticket to okiniland and if a replacement is not possible, I will have to operate on it. very tempted to order another one and if the same thing happens again, that will be case no.2

wow , that sucks..

But if you ended up operating on it, you probably just need to cut the part that is sticking out,,.. The part is sandwiched together with the other pieces so it should still hold together without it. 

2 hours ago, F360 said:

wow , that sucks..

But if you ended up operating on it, you probably just need to cut the part that is sticking out,,.. The part is sandwiched together with the other pieces so it should still hold together without it. 

Deleted. because i literally just gave the same idea in different words.

Edited by lavinrac

6 hours ago, Toonz said:

If it was me I'd cut the tab off the wrong sided part and put the armor together (I think the bottom tab is the same on both). The leg armors are SOLID. I don't think you will even notice. That way you can at least dress it up and put it on display while thing are getting handled. :good:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

If it was me I'd cut the tab off the wrong sided part and put the armor together (I think the bottom tab is the same on both). The leg armors are SOLID. I don't think you will even notice. That way you can at least dress it up and put it on display while thing are getting handled. :good:

I will try that and hope the bottom tap will hold will hold the pieces together.

13 hours ago, Toonz said:

On the secondary market/ auction sites, the seller listing will often say something along the lines of: if anything is wrong with the figure inside the box, contact or file a claim with manufacturer. 

Assuming most here don't speak Japanese (like me), has anyone on here attempted to get an issue like Toonz's taken cared of by a manufacturer?

The pessimist in me would like to know, in case any of my secondary market purchases turn up with a brick inside the box

Alright guys, here'a an update.

I removed that little peg with my trusty little saw and it all went well.

All four pieces of the leg armor snapped together nice and tight as if there wasn't any flaws.

So, to those who have yet to receive their set and IF (just IF, ok) you happen to have two left or even right back leg armor, don't worry, cut that crap off, assemble and TADA! 

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

12 minutes ago, f-valk said:

On the secondary market/ auction sites, the seller listing will often say something along the lines of: if anything is wrong with the figure inside the box, contact or file a claim with manufacturer. 

Assuming most here don't speak Japanese (like me), has anyone on here attempted to get an issue like Toonz's taken cared of by a manufacturer?

The pessimist in me would like to know, in case any of my secondary market purchases turn up with a brick inside the box

I haven't heard from Okiniland yet, guess I don't have to wait for their reply since I have fixed the problem.

32 minutes ago, Toonz said:

Alright guys, here'a an update.

I removed that little peg with my trusty little saw and it all went well.

All four pieces of the leg armor snapped together nice and tight as if there wasn't any flaws.

So, to those who have yet to receive their set and IF (just IF, ok) you happen to have two left or even right back leg armor, don't worry, cut that crap off, assemble and TADA! 

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

Congrats man. The second picture is a beauty.