Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

18 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Holy smokes. I paid less than that with the "late fee". And it's going to be here today.

You can get one on Okini for a couple bucks less right now.

Yeah, I made this preorder with the thought that it might be more expensive than most opening night preorders, but I wanted a backup.  That opening night frenzy was real and I figured it would be good to have to pay a bit more rather than pay hundreds more.  Turns out, I don't need it so I can cancel with nothing lost.  Worked out well for me, I'd say.

53 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Yeah, I made this preorder with the thought that it might be more expensive than most opening night preorders, but I wanted a backup.  That opening night frenzy was real and I figured it would be good to have to pay a bit more rather than pay hundreds more.  Turns out, I don't need it so I can cancel with nothing lost.  Worked out well for me, I'd say.

Same here lol

i ended up with orders at other retailers and this one was the most expensive so cancelled. I’m sure they will hit eBay soon enough hah

2 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Anyone ordered a combo set from Nin Nin? - Getting a bit anxious because I have not received any updates from them since the release on 25th but they seem to be still taking orders..

I ordered from Nin Nin. Didn’t hear anything yet. 

2 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Anyone ordered a combo set from Nin Nin? - Getting a bit anxious because I have not received any updates from them since the release on 25th but they seem to be still taking orders..

I ordered from Nin Nin. Didn’t hear anything yet. 

In-stock at Bombusbee:

https://www.bombusbee.net/-p2641.html

I highly recommend this seller.  Shipping is only a little tiny bit high.  I expected it to be a lot more from what I read in this forum.  They have 24 units in stock.

40 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Just got mine for Okini, ordered on 21st.. paid a little more as I missed ore orders.. but I must say the shipping was super fast by fedex.

Now all I need is the kakizaki to complete my dx collection.

heh that's the same one I'm missing.

Edited by rocketblast
merged posts

4 hours ago, Angesdad said:

I also ordered two sets from Nin-Nin (completed order in late April). No message yet but I'm not worried. There were two orders for the TWE armor only. We might just be in the second group and will have to wait a month. 

On 9/26/2021 at 5:50 PM, jvmacross said:

That would be a cool diorama using DX....maybe just use a Yamato TV VF-1A Kakizaki...

The image is from Macross Model Hobby Handbook....

hobby_handbook_front.jpg

large.1293959747_GBPillustrationMacrossH

Yeah that would be cool.  I have that book.  The cover would be cool to recreate with the DX too.

16 hours ago, jvmacross said:

:drinks:

Nice...looking forward to some cool poses from Episode 9: Miss Macross....

...maybe you can do a series of pics with the DX GBP like you did with Max's DX VF-1A from Episode 18: Pineapple Salad...

Thanks.  Onto the next pose.  :drinks:

Edited by sh9000

My combo set from AJ arrived today. That was fast! AJ didn't do the best packing job, though, so it bounced around inside the shipping box and one of the corners got crushed. Nothing like the "tossed in a plastic shipping bag" damage that others here have had with AJ in the past, so I'm not complaining. Could have been much worse.

17 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Combo set arrived! 

I'm moving this weekend so won't open it till I'm at my new house. I don't dislike the GBP armor, but I'm not a huge fan of it either. So it can wait. :rolleyes:

be sure to mark all your moving boxes.  It very hard to find something later if you don't :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, F360 said:

be sure to mark all your moving boxes.  It very hard to find something later if you don't :ph34r:

With our collections, it's very hard to find something later even if you do mark all your moving boxes...

...and virtually impossible if you don't. :(

31 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

Armor set from Big in Japan arrived today, Kurama toys sent it out yesterday. Still no peep from Nin-Nin on the combo set. I do feel this time the preordered prices were slightly higher than finding it at release, as we're seeing now. 

I just got my shipping notification from Nin-Nin 15 minutes ago.

So the double set (both VF-1J and Armored parts) came out before just the Armored parts set?  or did both come out at the same time and my just Armored parts set is delayed to October because NY screwed me and dumped me to the 2nd issue?

4 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

So the double set (both VF-1J and Armored parts) came out before just the Armored parts set?  or did both come out at the same time and my just Armored parts set is delayed to October because NY screwed me and dumped me to the 2nd issue?

NY screwed you? Shocker.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:52 AM, kkx said:

I have an order for the second batch armor set with them.  I forget the release date, but it must be over 6 months from the order date.

I am worried now seeing your experience. Did they refuse refund when they could not get the item?

I had an order for the armor set 1st batch, it arrived the 27th Japan time to Dejapan warehouse, they shipped today to my EMS, hopefully you will have same experience as me.

My Armored Valkyrie from Okiniland shipped yesterday.  There was no email about it so I checked the shipping status in my account.  I chose surface to save a little and I’m not in a hurry to get it.  I’ll probably leave it MISB.

59 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

53 minutes ago, sqidd said:

NY screwed you? Shocker.

You'll be lucky if you get your stuff at all. I know I still haven't, from the super parts fiasco despite all my efforts. Good luck.

In other news, my stand alone armor arrived from Big-in-Japan! 

I’m still waiting for surface mail shipping confirmation from HLJ, but it was bundled with lots of stuff.

Worse are the strikes around AU shipping ports so that’s going to put a big backlog on surface mail imports… I bet I don’t see my package until after NY.