Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Just paid for Fedex shipping from Okini Land for the GBP-only set so I'll have that in a few days. Woohoo!

Also had a set on order from DeJapan but given that I had to CC dispute and get my money back last month, it'll probably be the same thing again.

DeJapan sucks. Don't use them if you actually want to get your stuff.

I have an order for the second batch armor set with them.  I forget the release date, but it must be over 6 months from the order date.

I am worried now seeing your experience. Did they refuse refund when they could not get the item?

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Good price! Did anyone here snag it?

5 hours ago, tekering said:

While I appreciate the association, I couldn't hope to challenge Saburo.  He's got, like, an actual camera. :unsure:

My only advantage is geographic.

1564836177_articulateGBP.jpg.7e7f72fdd7c6377657b96b47f6c09154.jpg

I've never put an armored Valkyrie on a stand before, but...

1276214446_GBPopen.jpg.8f2916c464d53326941b958527f6d447.jpg

...I've never had a GBP this articulate before, either! :D

Great posing there! It will be a while until I get my copy but just curious, do you get any waist articulation with the armour on?

7 hours ago, kkx said:

I have an order for the second batch armor set with them.  I forget the release date, but it must be over 6 months from the order date.

I am worried now seeing your experience. Did they refuse refund when they could not get the item?

This was for the 1D. They never responded to my emails except for the first email, where I got a "it should be here next week" stalling email. Over a week passed, I emailed them a couple more times and never got any response. So I just disputed the charge through my CC and got my money back.

I have zero tolerance for NY-style stalling tactics. Give me my item, my money back, or a real update on when I will receive it. Those are the only acceptable answers to me.

7 hours ago, mech9T8 said:

Anyone get notification from Nin Nin Game? I was a little late to the game and preordered in July. Hopefully it will ship soon. All the pics are getting me excited!

My Armored Parts from Nin-Nin Game that I ordered in May haven’t shipped. I wrote to them last week to ship asap and they wrote back saying that they will ship once they get them in.

It turns out the tracking for my 2 from Big In Japan was showing Monday but they arrived at 12 PM today.  I’ll either pick them up later today or for sure tomorrow morning.

On 9/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, sqidd said:

Pretty nice kit. It would be nice if the missiles came out (and I'm kinda happy I don't ala Yamato and self ejecting missiles every time you sneeze). I would love for Bandai to release a missile effects set. The quality seems good. Not out of this world. Nothing wrong with it either. I'd say it gets a 9 out of 10.

Mostly I'm happy the armor doesn't self eject ala Yamato.....thank goodness.:lol:

Used a extra S as a stand in until one of the full sets I have on order comes in.

Not thrilled with this pose. Something isn't quite right. I'll have to sort that out over the next few days.

FYI, the side-leg Missiles (the 4-packs) are removable.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I have zero tolerance for NY-style stalling tactics. Give me my item, my money back, or a real update on when I will receive it. Those are the only acceptable answers to me.

^ Preach!!! I'm dealing with similar BS from an eBay seller right now. Bought the item and paid immediately. They generate a tracking number the next day. However, the tracking number does not work .... until 10 days later (yesterday). Frakken BS. Hopefully the item will arrive in 2 weeks.

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

This was for the 1D. They never responded to my emails except for the first email, where I got a "it should be here next week" stalling email. Over a week passed, I emailed them a couple more times and never got any response. So I just disputed the charge through my CC and got my money back.

I see, thanks for sharing.

They did ship out the 1D I have ordered via them. I am not sure what to do about the second batch armor sets. I hope they come through.

On 9/24/2021 at 7:40 PM, sqidd said:

Pro Tip:

Take the intake/compressor covers off and stow them before you put the armor on. If/when they fall off (one of mine did while putting it in the cabinet) you can't get them back on without removing the "diaper" portion of the armor. Easier just to remove them and stow them in the box.

Anyone ever post a fix for the intake covers? the left one seems a touch too big on several of my dx's and just pops out. I haven't seen a DIY thread on fixing it. 

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

DD716B7F-9497-41E7-BAEA-E3DB07569018.jpeg.36d209d853a5a5546ec03e4e8748f7fe.jpeg

Once a DX VF-1A TV Kakizaki gets released I’ll do this setup too.

First pose will be from Takani box art.  :D

That would be a cool diorama using DX....maybe just use a Yamato TV VF-1A Kakizaki...

The image is from Macross Model Hobby Handbook....

hobby_handbook_front.jpg

large.1293959747_GBPillustrationMacrossH

Edited by jvmacross