Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

Curious to see what this GBP Combo sells for....currently at MSRP

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r1007242700

The stand-alone armor sets are averaging about 13,500 JPY on YJA...

This used original release VF-1J just sold for 31,222 JPY (under 300 USD)...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x1006646637

The original release VF-1J may turn out to be the biggest (market value) loser now that the GBP combo set has been released....time will tell....it had a nice run though

Paid about $43 "Fast Shipping" (Slow Shipping was exactly the same price) from Anime Export for my Armor Parts. They shipped via DHL this morning and I got the text from DHL shortly after with the waive signature option and leave package on porch option which I LOVE. Let's see how long until it's on my doorstep! 

10 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Paid about $43 "Fast Shipping" (Slow Shipping was exactly the same price) from Anime Export for my Armor Parts. They shipped via DHL this morning and I got the text from DHL shortly after with the waive signature option and leave package on porch option which I LOVE. Let's see how long until it's on my doorstep! 

82629_JarWare_JellyLid_Berry.jpg

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Same, same.  Scheduled for Monday, but DHL has gotten it to my door at least 2 days early every time.  We'll see.  I'm sure I just jinxed myself.

18 minutes ago, F360 said:

Armored parts shipped out too. but its by slow BOAT..... so eta 2-3 months :ph34r:

These are the pictures I took last week of all the container ships anchored outside Long Beach Port waiting to get in to make you feel better.  😈

IMG_5642.JPG.286f0f985d0a17fe536f7306d1ecec08.JPGIMG_5643.JPG.a6e1b2215e552bd857d2a2230139f96f.JPGIMG_5644.JPG.f63fd804a26ade144f05837637d161cb.JPG

Actually I'm extremely sympathetic, I'm still waiting on my VF-1D's sent surface, and will be sending my GBP's the same way.  :cray:

25 minutes ago, levzloi said:

These are the pictures I took last week of all the container ships anchored outside Long Beach Port waiting to get in to make you feel better.  😈

Actually I'm extremely sympathetic, I'm still waiting on my VF-1D's sent surface, and will be sending my GBP's the same way.  :cray:

There's many like that over at the port in Oakland too,. .. , my last shipment landed on an east coast port. 

The VF-1D, I just can not wait but most of my other orders are now by Boat unless the price is close enough to each other.  It does take much longer but then I've also been very busy lately so I guess it worked out. .. and save some extra for future .....................valk purchases :lol:

4 minutes ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I got mine today. I'm not sure if I like the super big hands or not.  The super big hands don't twist and you have to place them in 90 degree angles. Anyways, here are some pictures:

20210922_103448 (2).jpg

20210922_103458.jpg

20210922_103814.jpg

20210922_110742.jpg

20210922_110812.jpg

20210922_110930.jpg

20210922_111052.jpg

20210922_111222.jpg

Very cool, Do you have an old Yamato 1/48 GBP to pose it next to?

Edited by levzloi

5 minutes ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I do, but I don't have the stickers attached to it. The new ones are hands down better.

20210922_112623.jpg

No question, I was more curious about the comparative proportions.  Interesting that Bandai seems to have made the legs thinner, and the arms beefier.  Other proportions seem similar.  I don't have the standard Yamato GBP, but I do have the Urban Cammo GBP with Low Vis Valk, and the Forest Cammo GBP with Forest Cammo Valk.  I'm planning on displaying them together. 

You can really see the 15yrs-ish between the two designs. I have to say, the Yamato holds up pretty good. I have to give the nod to the Bandai as far as aesthetics go. Not by a huge margin though. There are actually a few things I like about the Yammie a little better.

I do like the Bandai's smaller legs. More practical and not as "add on" looking.

I like the big goofy hands.:p

@rsvictor1976 if you have the time can you get a total height measurement. "Booties" to booster tips? I'm wondering how much room I have to make it fly on a YetiStand. Thanks!

20210922_112623.jpg

22 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Luna has only a label not sure what is happening there.

They probably have someone printing labels off and other people boxing. The latter takes far longer than the former. It happens to my customers too. It's not 3-4 days between when the label prints and the item ships though.

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

They probably have someone printing labels off and other people boxing. The latter takes far longer than the former. It happens to my customers too. It's not 3-4 days between when the label prints and the item ships though.

Maybe they printed the labels before they had the stock in hand?

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

You can really see the 15yrs-ish between the two designs. I have to say, the Yamato holds up pretty good. I have to give the nod to the Bandai as far as aesthetics go. Not by a huge margin though. There are actually a few things I like about the Yammie a little better.

I do like the Bandai's smaller legs. More practical and not as "add on" looking.

I like the big goofy hands.:p

@rsvictor1976 if you have the time can you get a total height measurement. "Booties" to booster tips? I'm wondering how much room I have to make it fly on a YetiStand. Thanks!

20210922_112623.jpg

With the shoulder missiles closed, he's a little under 12 and 1/4 inches. With them fully open, you're looking at 13 inches. 

The big goofy hands are bigger than his head... they remind me of those giant Mickey Mouse hands you buy at Disneyland. 

Edited by rsvictor1976

14 minutes ago, rsvictor1976 said:

With the shoulder missiles closed, he's a little under 12 and 1/4 inches. With them fully open, you're looking at 13 inches. 

:hi:

14 minutes ago, rsvictor1976 said:

The big goofy hands are bigger than his head... they remind me of those giant Mickey Mouse hands you buy at Disneyland. 

LOL, I can't un-see that now!:D

10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Curious to see what this GBP Combo sells for....currently at MSRP

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r1007242700

The stand-alone armor sets are averaging about 13,500 JPY on YJA...

This used original release VF-1J just sold for 31,222 JPY (under 300 USD)...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x1006646637

The original release VF-1J may turn out to be the biggest (market value) loser now that the GBP combo set has been released....time will tell....it had a nice run though

nah, don't forget the limited edition stand with the launch release.