Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

5 hours ago, tjdetweiler said:

oh looks like Lunatoypark has shipped one of my GBP Armor

LUNA PARK
Your order has been shipped.
You can see the items that have been sent to you and track your shipment below. Thanks for shopping with us

Received the same. Heres for hoping they improved the packing from heir last release.

So...."CVS101" markings means possible DYRL GBP version?  If so, I hope it is another combo with a movie correct VF-1J...

I now have higher hopes that Bandai will go with the combo pack for a TV Super VF-1S Hikaru-Type.....or at least they should definitely do the combo pack for the Max and Millia Super VF-1J's...

Looking forward to the next PO announcement! 

4 hours ago, enphily said:

First review

Really, really amazing!!

1. The tampoes make the armor look much more detailed than any previous Armored implementations.

2. The missile exhaust vents, a topic that was brought up recently, has some sort of grille surfacing details.

3. The sculpt looks perfect. The base valk has the line art accuracy, yet with the armor it morphs into & captures the exaggerated anime proportions well. The oversized hands are hilarious yet look so right with the armor. I'm comparing with Arcadia's VF-0. The 1/60 VF-0 and Bandai's 1/48 VF-1 are about the same size, both base valks look really great, yet the Armored results between both are so different. Bandai's really captured the anime feel, whilst Arcadia's has some strange proportions that doesn't endear so well.

4. The VF-1 thigh side-joints really find purchase here in getting around the traditional leg articulation limitation of Armored valks; we finally get to have the Armored in stances that we couldn't have done before.

I can feel the chunkiness already from the video. Ooof this is going to be one center piece display. Bandai is the tampo king.

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

And Tenjin is doing the upcoming Hasegawa GBP release box art-can't wait to see what he comes up with next! :)

Oh! Man this is GBP season..now I feel like doing prints of the takani pose and tenjin’s, framing em and displaying em next to the DX bad boy..

21 minutes ago, MKT said:

Even though the Armored is one-mode only, we still need multiples. One to outwardly pose display, another to display from within its cool box windows, and a 3rd for just-in-case. :p

One to send off to be custom painted into Roy’s GBP.

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

I think tat guy is really small.:p

:lol::lol: 

I was originally not planning to order this one because I'm not a huge fan of the chunky armor, but I ended up pre-ordering the set and I'm not regretting that decision! I do not own a DX VF-1J yet so this is a double new release for me. That box is very nice as well and I did not expect that. The only store available to me at the time was NY so I'm a little nervous but I have received everything I ordered from NY so far and they seem to be improving lately so I still have hope this will come through.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, that convinced me to get the pack on Amazon Japan...

The box looks damn nice with the windows and fold-open!

Did you get the one that ships directly to the US? Did you get any info on what sort of shipping it is? As far as I can tell it's not Amazon/DHL.

I have one coming from Luna Park (in theory) but I want a second. I'm not sure when to pull the trigger. I was hoping something would come up on AmazonJP with Priority shipping on or before release day.

Edited by sqidd

29 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Did you get the one that ships directly to the US? Did you get any info on what sort of shipping it is? As far as I can tell it's not Amazon/DHL.

I have one coming from Luna Park (in theory) but I want a second. I'm not sure when to pull the trigger. I was hoping something would come up on AmazonJP with Priority shipping on or before release day.

Yeah, the one that ships to the US, no idea how it's shipping but shall find out soon.

42 minutes ago, jenius said:

Luna Park hasn't shipped mine yet... I keeping tapping my fingers on my desk but that doesn't seem to be hurrying things along.

Try lemon Pledge. Works every time.:D

34 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yeah, the one that ships to the US, no idea how it's shipping but shall find out soon.

....or much later.:p

The figure looks gorgeous! 

It's interesting that the missile caps on the arm don't seem to come off when they do in the hips. Also, I wonder if any of the missiles are removeable but I guess not since it hasn't been mentioned.

Oddly, the most impressive thing to me is the wings actually lined up well on the copy used for that review.:lol: