Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

One thing that bothers me now that I noticed it, is the shape of the shoulder missle pod doors. They look like simple roof tops where as the old Yammie 1/48 was contoured and more detailed. The DX looks just lazy by comparison.  Don't get me wrong though, everything else I really like. 

Edit: I didn't realize that the DX doors are actually line art accurate. Oh well. I still like the Yammie's better.

On 5/11/2021 at 11:52 AM, mark-1s said:

One thing that bothers me now that I noticed it, is the shape of the shoulder missle pod doors. They look like simple roof tops where as the old Yammie 1/48 was contoured and more detailed. The DX looks just lazy by comparison.  Don't get me wrong though, everything else I really like. 

Edit: I didn't realize that the DX doors are actually line art accurate. Oh well. I still like the Yammie's better.

I see what you mean about the missile covers on shoulders.

But based on references, this is how they should be.

image.thumb.jpeg.71a32bf18aaa26e96ca2172c98635543.jpeg

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Alright guys I need some input

I was late to the preorder party. Currently I have a VF-1A Max and VF-1S Roy, I also have the 1/60 VF-1J Armored (Which I have been staring at for the past couple of days)

The combo is sold out everywhere, and so is the armor pack. Should I just cut my losses and wait for the next armor pack for Max or Roy since I already have the Arcadia one or should I try to find the combo (and maybe pay a premium for it) or the armor pack?

Thank you guys!  

8 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

Alright guys I need some input

I was late to the preorder party. Currently I have a VF-1A Max and VF-1S Roy, I also have the 1/60 VF-1J Armored (Which I have been staring at for the past couple of days)

The combo is sold out everywhere, and so is the armor pack. Should I just cut my losses and wait for the next armor pack for Max or Roy since I already have the Arcadia one or should I try to find the combo (and maybe pay a premium for it) or the armor pack?

Thank you guys!  

There will definitely be units available closer to and after the release date. That has been the trend for the VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1S Roy.

There is also no indication that 1A Max GBP or 1S Roy GBP will ever see the light of day. Simply a tease from Bandai with no intention to manufacture them - many examples of this behaviour in the past.

For future questions of this nature, best to post it in the below thread ;)

28 minutes ago, HKBEN said:

Anyone know when the similar GBP for VF-1S will be released? I am looking for that!

Thank you.

From @eggy99's post (two above yours):

"There is also no indication that 1A Max GBP or 1S Roy GBP will ever see the light of day. Simply a tease from Bandai with no intention to manufacture them - many examples of this behaviour in the past." 

So that means that you have to customize the solo DX GBP Armor to match. 

11 minutes ago, borgified said:

Now where in the world are you going to display this 1/35 scaled beast @HayateAltoHunter if Bandai does make it and do you have to take out a house/ building/business mortgage to make the purchase?? 

I don't think it's going to be that huge. A 1/35 VF-1 is probably going to be atleast 2in taller than a 1/6th HotToys figure.

Compared to the tech specs I've found online the only difference between a 1/48 and 1/35 is just within 10cm+/- whether it's in Battroid or Fighter mode. 

Here's a photo I found online that shows the DX and a Takatoku. Use it to compare it with the 1/35.

1451123266_VF-1JDXBANDAI2-27-19.thumb.jpg.15b3f8e9631e3c047dd2c04041910f2d.jpg

D7D50BB3-15F2-4477-AF47-265EC75EB2F7_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.3c7061b965b002702000f137a835017d.thumb.jpeg.802a20cf2de7d1a1486193bc0721f622.jpeg

Also, if a member can afford on displaying 2 or more DX VF-1 in their cabinets, I'm pretty sure they can manage on fitting a 1/35 VF-1 as well. ;) 

The only question would be now is how many VF-1's are they planning to collect in 1/35 scale? :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, borgified said:

I'll gladly put this version in my front yard and scare off those squirrels that are roaming about . Gotta practice your shooting skills more often right? :lol:  

These are what you need for your shooting skills, @borgified. Think of HG everytime you pull the trigger. ;) Hahaha! :lol: 

pmrt-05_l.jpg

pmrt-03_l.jpg

And at the center of the yard, this:

:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Well, given how successful the Metal Structure line is for Bandai, it wouldn’t be inconceivable for it to be applied to Macross... it would be amazing and there is no doubt it would sell out in milliseconds. 

Of course it would sell out instantly...because they would only make 3 of them available for sale.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Of course it would sell out instantly...because they would only make 3 of them available for sale.

3 only? It's not going to be a break even. Hehehe. They're probably not going to make it if it's just 3. Hence the 'Display Only' on the item card. :lol: 

1-35_DX_VF-1_Tamashii_Nations_2015.jpg