Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

48 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's not working any better than the old way. Arguably worse. Who could have seen that coming?:lol:

Called it!!!:rofl:

LOL....it is not failing and you have not called anything other than your true intentions from the start, how did that play out for you?

....if you notice...the folks who are confused are the NEWBIES.....we simply explain to them the situation and they get a pass...a long time member like you does not get a pass and I am happy to see that you bent the knee and complied.....I would be weary of trying to derail it any further as you have seen that @Shawn actually went out of his way to step in to clarify what the intent is for both threads.....

So a warning to you and anyone else who would like to derail either thread....you do not want to risk a "time-out" just in time for the REAL PO MADNESS NIGHT...

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

It's not working any better than the old way. Arguably worse. Who could have seen that coming?:lol:

Called it!!!:rofl:

9 hours ago, jenius said:

Lolz, the effort to split up the buying talk has failed.

So looking at the PO Night thread...it seems it went from 1 to 5 pages since the news about the GBP PO broke 2 days ago....that is 4 full pages that would have went into the dedicated GBP page of mostly PO chatter and posts related to "where can I get one?", "how can I get one?", "I got one!", etc.....

So the point of creating a dedicated PO thread was to remove those pages full of PO related chatter out of the dedicated toy threads.....that has been accomplished by removing 4 entire pages worth...and counting!  The true PO Madness Night has yet to come.....those nights usually generate way more chatter and pages full of such chatter for days after.....

It is obviously too early to say this did not work, by anyone other than those not wanting it to work....the early data suggests that it definitely did work by accomplishing what it was designed to do...removing as much PO chatter as possible from the dedicated toy thread...remember this is the first attempt at this so not everyone knows about this, especially new members or lurkers....but with the support of the site owner @Shawn and hopefully from his mod team....this will continue to work going forward and get much better and smoother as the PO's keep coming....

Edited by jvmacross

Thank you to @Shawn for continuing to make this Macross forum a cool place to hang out.  Thanks to @jvmacross for putting in the effort to help organize the topics.  There have been only a few posts in the wrong place but overall everything looks like it's going well.  People can read a title of a topic and then post accordingly.

That being said, I'm looking forward to receiving my 2 Armored Parts sets.  I'm wondering if the color will lean more towards the one in the pic I posted earlier.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

I think this is a very unhealthy attitude to have on this board and would appreciate toning it down.

We either have a 700+ page thread with 400 pages of people saying 'got one'...'sold out here' that is difficult for a person to review, or we keep all the 'throw away' chatter in its own thread and the main one, like this stays on target.

I'm publicly bringing this up because you are a valued member here, you don't have thin skin and can take it, and I want to express to others passing in, we need to reduce the vitriol.

Shawn

Just now, borgified said:

I can see this thread being pepper sprayed with comments about pre-orders opening in the day of by noobies. Are you ready for the task of possibly locking up this thread temporarily when the pre-orders officially drop @Shawn?   

This is an excellent idea......maybe lock it down some hours before 16:00 JST on the PO day?  Don't want to have @Shawn or some mod doing this when they need to be concentrating on getting their own PO's in! :rolleyes:

Then re-open it the next day or a few days later once the PO chatter has more or less dwindled?

I think this was the oddball PO scenario, where we are getting two highly desired PO's...one a TWE and one that is historically the type of PO that generates the countless of pages of "PO chatter".....the "general release" PO

35 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

This is an excellent idea......maybe lock it down some hours before 16:00 JST on the PO day?  Don't want to have @Shawn or some mod doing this when they need to be concentrating on getting their own PO's in! :rolleyes:

Then re-open it the next day or a few days later once the PO chatter has more or less dwindled?

I think this was the oddball PO scenario, where we are getting two highly desired PO's...one a TWE and one that is historically the type of PO that generates the countless of pages of "PO chatter".....the "general release" PO

Glad to see that you thought about that @jvmacross:good:

Just thought of another thread to lock up (maybe?) when the pre-orders are up: DX VF-1 as there will be a high possibility that it will be pepper sprayed as well. 

Edit: Is @Shawn able to install a secondary temporary lock on the DX VF-1 thread as well (before it gets out of hand)?     

Edited by borgified

This first one was destined to be messy

But looking at the real results, we have about 8 pages of GPB talk, 1 page of mixed, and all the other throw-away talk is in the PO thread where we can burn it to stay warm in winter.

S

3 hours ago, CF18 said:

I was watching the Super Robot Wars stream last night, and was surprised to see a hands on:  (skip to 1hr 16m)

Great find! It seems the chest missiles slide forward when the bays are opened, a very nice touch. As I understand, Yamato's 1/48 GBP also has the same gimmick, but eschewed in later 1/60 versions..

8 hours ago, CF18 said:

I was watching the Super Robot Wars stream last night, and was surprised to see a hands on:  (skip to 1hr 16m)

Damn! It is huge. But since O have a 1/48 Yamato I can only imagine the improvement in quality. Pros on Yamato for the detachable missiles.

Ok, so because I read it like months ago.. (I had no idea if his new posting scheme would be good or bad, I hadn't seen it before!) 

Is this where I lt IS okay to say this:

After a change of heart, I registered email to let me know when the GBP was available again at Hobby genki. Got mail this morning and PO worked. I just have to hope they don't turn out to be like another company I used o trust and stopped. (you all know who but I'm not gonna dogpile on them in case they fix their service and return to being good)

Also.. OMG that super robot wars video is cool!!

Let me know if not. Rules are hard. I'm old. See my new profile pic from 1985

Edited by lavinrac

1 hour ago, lavinrac said:

Ok, so because I read it like months ago.. (I had no idea if his new posting scheme would be good or bad, I hadn't seen it before!) 

Is this where I lt IS okay to say this:

After a change of heart, I registered email to let me know when the GBP was available again at Hobby genki. Got mail this morning and PO worked. I just have to hope they don't turn out to be like another company I used o trust and stopped. (you all know who but I'm not gonna dogpile on them in case they fix their service and return to being good)

Also.. OMG that super robot wars video is cool!!

Let me know if not. Rules are hard. I'm old. See my new profile pic from 1985

it is very simple.....

If you are referring to a PO you just placed or anything related to "where to buy one"..."when to buy one"..."how to buy one"..."I just bought one"....then please use the PO Madness thread....

If you want to discuss the details or your opinions on GBP or any specific toy.....please use the toy's dedicated thread.....

24 minutes ago, jenius said:

Does anyone ever use the detachable missile gimmick on the Yamato? I do use the fitting effect on the 1/60 but never remove the 1/48 missiles but I can imagine a diorama.

I love that it has the feature but haven’t used it. Basically, it’s a thing where I’d rather have and not use than not have even if I don’t use. :lol:

Edited by Slave IV

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

it is very simple.....

If you are referring to a PO you just placed or anything related to "where to buy one"..."when to buy one"..."how to buy one"..."I just bought one"....then please use the PO Madness thread....

If you want to discuss the details or your opinions on GBP or any specific toy.....please use the toy's dedicated thread.....

Cool. Thanks! Guess I discussed a little of both. 

Edited by lavinrac

48 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Ordered a few stand-alone sets, and will order the bundle as well, but damn I hate those big stupid clown hands. Really the TV hands in general are the worst.

-b.

You’d hope Bandai would release DYRL version with yellow tipped missiles and DYRL hands, and darker bluer grey parts to milk the mold.  

13 hours ago, eggy99 said:

You’d hope Bandai would release DYRL version with yellow tipped missiles and DYRL hands, and darker bluer grey parts to milk the mold.  

You'd think, but Bandai makes some really odd choices with what they choose to release.

Don't get me wrong, I hope that they do - but until I see a pre-order button somewhere I'm not holding my breath. :lol:

-b.