Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Anyone want to guess how much for this upcoming DX version (or is it too much for a headache to process)? 

49 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Speculation time.........

As a stand alone set 17-18k yen and not more than 23k yen, based on what's released before.

Bundle pricing no less than 35k yen.

My speculation reply from Page 1:

On 4/14/2021 at 2:49 PM, no3Ljm said:

VF-1J's MSRP was Y18000/19800(JPY tax). VF-1 Strike/Super Parts was Y8000/Y8800(JPY tax). Since GBP has more plastic and paint details than Strike/Super Parts but somehow less compared with VF-31S Armor at Y16000/Y17600(JPY tax), let's estimate the price for GBP, if it's just the parts, somewhere around Y14000-15000. If it's bundled, then we're just playing with a total of Y33000+/-. Which in today's US$ conversion, it's $303.

Edited by no3Ljm

I think it's going to be GBP 15K¥ and separate Gray Goggle VF-1J 18¥. Maybe that's just what I'm hoping as the idea of including a head with the GBP is a turn-off.... although maybe that explains why Max was shown with a separate GBP... they would include paired heads with each custom like they did with the wings on the 171 and its super parts.

The normal pattern is that there is at least a week between a formal item announcement and the PO, During that waiting period, it shows up in the Macross section of the Tamashii Nations site as a full entry, not just as a teaser picture:

https://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/

The one major exception has been the TV Super Parts, where we only got about a day to prepare. I really hope Bandai doesn't do that again.

8 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Just to clarify, the preorders aren't going live yet on 4/22 right?

6 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

The normal pattern is that there is at least a week between a formal item announcement and the PO, During that waiting period, it shows up in the Macross section of the Tamashii Nations site as a full entry, not just as a teaser picture:

https://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/

The one major exception has been the TV Super Parts, where we only got about a day to prepare. I really hope Bandai doesn't do that again.

That means late May 2nd/early 3rd will be the highly crazy pre-order madness to start.

Does this ring a bell anyone? ;)

20kmed.jpg

12 minutes ago, NeoVanguard said:

Since this is the first product out since Harmony Gold allowed sales of Macross related stuff outside of Japan, does this mean we can buy it directly off Tamashii website, if we are not in japan?  #falsehope

no,.. TWE japan is only for Japan

Edited by F360

20 minutes ago, NeoVanguard said:

Since this is the first product out since Harmony Gold allowed sales of Macross related stuff outside of Japan, does this mean we can buy it directly off Tamashii website, if we are not in japan?  #falsehope

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

#nope

For those of you playing "What's NeDXt?" at home (I think I have this right): 

Wave 1:

• Hikaru VF-1J | TV | DEC 2018
  • DX Missile Set | MAY 2019
  • Max VF-1A | TV | SEPT 2019

Wave 2:

• Hikaru VF-1S | DYRL? | NOV 2019
  • Super/Strike Parts | DYRL? | DEC 2019
  • Super/Strike Parts - Reissue  | DYRL? | APR 2020
  • DX Missile Set - Reissue | JUN 2020
  • Kakizaki VF-1A | DYRL? | AUG 2020

Wave 3:

• Hikaru VF-1S Roy | TV | NOV 2020
  • Super Parts | TV | DEC 2020
  • Super Parts - Reissue | TV | APR 2021
  • VF-1D | TV | JUL 2021
  • GBP Armor | SEPT 2021
  • Hikaru VF-1J bundled with GBP Armor | SEPT 2021

Edited by Draykov
formatting corrections

1 hour ago, mantisfists said:

Is the deal with Harmony Gold for all Macross merchandise or just the movies and series videos?

Not this one as of now @mantisfists.  I think @jvmacross mentioned that the ink was applied in March and some further legal addendums needed to be sorted out for both parties to agree on.   

I cannot read, but does it say anything about a rerelease of the VF-1J?

it looks great, but if no rerelease, it would suck for those of us without one already, or $400+ to track one down.

Edited by twich

5 minutes ago, twich said:

I cannot read, but does it say anything about a rerelease of the VF-1J?

it looks great, but if no rerelease, it would suck for those of us without one already, or $400+ to track one down.

Yeah... reading further down:

A set of armored parts corresponding to the already released "DX Chogokin VF-1J Valkyrie (Ichijo Kaiki)" (sold separately) is now available. Check here for
"DX Chogokin VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (Ichijo Kaiki)" scheduled to be released at general stores in September 2021 !

・ A set of armored parts
 ・ Replacement round wrist left
 and right・ Large grip wrist left
 and right・ Replacement VF-1J head
 ・ Pilot figure (atmospheric equipment)
 ・ Boarding cockpit seat
 ・ Pedestal attachment

Start accepting reservations

: April 23, 2021 16:00 JST 

13,200 yen

On 4/20/2021 at 10:38 AM, jvmacross said:

Honestly, that title should go to Seto Kaiba.....I'm more of an obtainer of rare Macross antiquities....

I think your title should be Super Dimensional Curator

The good news for people that don't have a VF-1J is that it doesn't REALLY matter now.

You could use a more accessible VF-1S Hikaru, and the only difference would be the wing stripe color if seen from the back.

So get any DX, swap the head and you've got a GPB VF-1J :)

5 minutes ago, twich said:

Video not available in the USA.

The video clip is just the episode when the armor set appeared with 3 commercial breaks with the same info pics that's posted.

Edit: I used my VPN and switched to Japan to watch it.

Edited by wmkjr