Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Wait....it can't hold the gunpod...PO cancelled!

But now we know what Bandai will include as exclusives to the the combo set! :rolleyes:

Thanks for re-posting the episode...i was wrong on the grey visors not being canon in battroid mode!

Had tot hikaru ejected all armor pieces, but its clear he went into the ship in battroid sans-armor with the grey googles on!

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

They updated the main page finally!

https://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/

looks like the combo DX/Armor is going to be 33000 (with tax), 30000 without (if this was already posted sorry I missed it)

image.thumb.png.8b1936846c57a6162f72c3d78b8e0bd9.png

And some more close-ups

https://tamashii.jp/item/13603/

Y33000?! Yes!

giphy.gif

On 4/14/2021 at 2:49 PM, no3Ljm said:

$400 maybe, but that's after market. VF-1J's MSRP was Y18000/19800(JPY tax). VF-1 Strike/Super Parts was Y8000/Y8800(JPY tax). Since GBP has more plastic and paint details than Strike/Super Parts but somehow less compared with VF-31S Armor at Y16000/Y17600(JPY tax), let's estimate the price for GBP, if it's just the parts, somewhere around Y14000-15000. If it's bundled, then we're just playing with a total of Y33000+/-. Which in today's US$ conversion, it's $303.

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Yeah...but that's cheating....we want the giant gunpod holding clown hands! :rolleyes:

:lol: We neeeedzz articulated clown hands stat!!!

:5:

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Y33000?! Yes!

Gratz! You won a set of GBP steak knifes! Claim from HG! :D

The armor looks good! So much more tampo & markings, that I think is a nice change as opposed to years of Yamcadia’s almost barebones plastic..

But let’s see what Bandai will screw up compared to versions that came before. It’s always 2 steps forward, 1 step back for Bandai lol.. :5:

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Cool!  Yeah....the Bandai pose can use some teaking to get it closer to the original illustration's pose

Looking forward to getting the Armored Parts.  :good:

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

Says specifically....CAN hold a gun pod! :) 
P.O. re-enabled!

image.thumb.png.93b8dc231289b43851e75e3e7bfd2f7a.png

lol!

They're just the regular TV clown-hands that's included with the standard DX VF-1J...   :p

46 minutes ago, MKT said:

The armor looks good! So much more tampo & markings, that I think is a nice change as opposed to years of Yamcadia’s almost barebones plastic..

But let’s see what Bandai will screw up compared to versions that came before. It’s always 2 steps forward, 1 step back for Bandai lol.. :5:

Not much of a screw-up, yet, but Bandai seems to have bundled two different sizes of clown-fists instead of providing some DYRL GBP-fists...

pics from  https://tamashii.jp/item/13603/ and https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1225459/

DXC-ARMORED-PARTS-SET-FOR-VF-1J_02_LhC31xduq_deeAMv-Qz6RhlhbtEeuoZi.thumb.jpg.09f0bee57c6b3f7dab39ba82c7503127.jpg

item_0000013603_OBa6b2Ua_11.thumb.jpg.68957723a115f60c33e864905cc3e8db.jpg

Maybe they'll still bundle the DYRL GBP-fists in the final released-version.

But again, this is Bandai. They couldn't even be bothered to bundle in the tiny hover-pilder as standard accessory with their SOC GX-70 DC release...

:clapping:

5 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

https://tamashii.jp/item/13603/

Bundled version: 33,000 yen

Ohhh okay I see that's cool.  I didn't know that.  I'm assuming nobody has preorders for this up yet?  I'll take another look at the sites mentioned above.  Thanks

edit: wow big in Japan sold out of the armor.  I don't see the bundled version on there however.

Edited by rocketblast

2 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Ohhh okay I see that's cool.  I didn't know that.  I'm assuming nobody has preorders for this up yet?  I'll take another look at the sites mentioned above.  Thanks

edit: wow big in Japan sold out of the armor.  I don't see the bundled version on there however.

Big In Japan still has the armor available for PO.  The bundled version, I believe, won't be available until the 28th.

Edited by dafob

Just realized this would be the most articulated Armored VF-1 ever, just by the DX's new hip joints (are they called drawer joints?). Always felt this was the single biggest improvement to the VF-1 toys that allows more action figure-like posing..

On related thought, we have had non-transforming VF-1 figures over the years, and I think many would be a bit put off by the non-transforming aspect. But if there is a case to be made for non-transforming VF-1 figure, it would be the Armored VF-1 for obvious reason, yet none seem have been made so far.. I would get an army of them if they did haha..

59 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I want the bundle so I can get the grey visor 1J. But general release sucks.

At least the armor by itself is easy enough to get.

Thought the amour itself has a grey visor head for those whom have a VF-1J already, the only upside i can think of getting a new 1J is that they fixed the nose cone issue the 1st 1J have, which is the peg didnt hold it in place well enough, which they fixed in subsequent VF-1 releases

Huh i must have gotten the last pre-order from AE today...after i checked out, i just refreshed the page a min later and it showed as sold out..

hopefully they will update it again tmr or later for folks..

edit: Its listed again, most likely its out of stock for me only, as its 1 order per account.

NO PRE-ORDER MADNESS!

ahhh... NOT TOO OLD FOR THIS SH!T....

Edited by seti88

The full bundle photo shows the inclusion of 2 pilot figures!

It looks like space and atmospheric version. The list of items doesn’t mention 2 pilot figures though. 

Both white goggle head also included.

image.thumb.png.fee40e1d1942b13baa684e120f1733fa.png

17 minutes ago, SUPERULTRAROBORIDER said:

I put in an order with anime export, and I went ahead and paid. They do a first come first serve thing with paid orders right? 

My main target is still the bundle, but having the armor set on order as a backup.

Thats my understanding, yes. First paid, first serve.

I might hold off payment until very late tmr, as i perhaps CDJ/HLJ/Ami would join in and offer lower prices...(doubtful, but lets see...)

14 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

The full bundle photo shows the inclusion of 2 pilot figures!

It looks like space and atmospheric version. The list of items doesn’t mention 2 pilot figures though. 

Both white goggle head also included.

image.thumb.png.fee40e1d1942b13baa684e120f1733fa.png

Bandai merely combined the VF-1J and armor set, so probably you would get 2 pilot figs, if they are merely re-releasing the VF-1J valk.

The question is whether the special stand will be also ncluded, which i thk is a no.

1 hour ago, SUPERULTRAROBORIDER said:

I put in an order with anime export, and I went ahead and paid. They do a first come first serve thing with paid orders right? 

My main target is still the bundle, but having the armor set on order as a backup.

I put in my order on them too. I just wanna the GBP set not another VF-1J Hikaru. Surely the VF-1J bundle should be a "corrected mistakes" version of the first release but it won't came with the exclusive stand

AE it is...I think. I put in cart purchased it, internet went weird. When I went back in it was in my orders but I hadn't paid for it. I did after receiving the email. But, after doing that the armor went to "Sold out." Here's for hoping. I haven't had any issues with AE in the past.

4 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

AE it is...I think. I put in cart purchased it, internet went weird. When I went back in it was in my orders but I hadn't paid for it. I did after receiving the email. But, after doing that the armor went to "Sold out." Here's for hoping. I haven't had any issues with AE in the past.

Yeah it goes to sold out as long as you are still logged on with your account after you order. The sold out merely applies to you as its a 1 per account limit.

18 minutes ago, Darotower said:

I put in my order on them too. I just wanna the GBP set not another VF-1J Hikaru. Surely the VF-1J bundle should be a "corrected mistakes" version of the first release but it won't came with the exclusive stand

were there mistakes with the 1st release? bandai never(?) does re-releases merely for fixing something minor or a perceived defect.

Edited by seti88