Jump to content

Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie - NO PO LINKS or PO TALK Thanks!


Recommended Posts

On 4/14/2021 at 7:16 AM, jvmacross said:

COMING SOON!!!

PO for the DX GBP TV Armor for the DX VF-1 is Coming Soon!!  Stayed Tuned for more info on April 22

p1f32l6bkrbkk1ddn1o6j1pk47424.png

 

In for at least 2.  The pic that Bandai used is cool.  Nice to see good product photography by them that helps to sell their products.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

In for at least 2.  The pic that Bandai used is cool.  Nice to see good product photography by them that helps to sell their products.

I sold off all but one of my TV Hikaru VF-1J's if they are stand alone I am in for 3, 1 for my -1J, 1 for a possible TV VF-1A brownie, and 1 for one of my Focker -1S (in case they do not release that custom that was teased a while back).........3x also if it is a combo pack

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Me? This, the 1D, a CF 1A and the Elint and the Super Ostrich.

I can't do everything again, @Ignacio Ocamica. That's why I'm just fixed with Hikaru's white/red on this DX scale. They're so huge and I don't have enough space for more. Hahaha! :lol:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I already have VF-1J , it would be much cheaper for me if it's just a Armor standalone set with a gray visors attachment.   Mostly likely TWE.

If it's a combo it might be a regular release and will be preorder madness for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F360 said:

Since I already have VF-1J , it would be much cheaper for me if it's just a Armor standalone set with a gray visors attachment.   Mostly likely TWE.

If it's a combo it might be a regular release and will be preorder madness for sure.

Since the visor have the same thickness as the previous VF-1J, let's hope that if it's just an armor set, it comes with grey visor head unit. ;) 

dx_vf-1j_GBP_armor.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looking back over the history of Macross PT Collectibles.....the odds are split on receiving both a GBP/VF-1J combo set and a stand-alone GBP armor set.  The only time a stand alone set was offered without a corresponding "combo set" was by Yamato back in 2005 for their 1/48 VF-1.  Perhaps that tips the scale towards just receiving a stand alone set from Bandai due to the "DX" size...we can look all the way back to the original PT Valkyrie...the Takatoku 1/55... for times in which we have received both a stand alone and a combo set....Yamato continued the trend years later with their 1/60 V1 VF-1J....The next GBP stand alone set was just recently announced from Kitz Concept for their 1/72 VF-1...they are the first to release a stand-alone set that also comes packed with a "grey-visored" VF-1J head, eliminating the need to purchase an entirely new release of a Hikaru VF-1J PT Toy...will Bandai follow suit?

Edited by jvmacross
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Since the visor have the same thickness as the previous VF-1J, let's hope that if it's just an armor set, it comes with grey visor head unit. ;) 

dx_vf-1j_GBP_armor.jpg

I can totally see Bandai simply including a slipcover piece.....this type of "solution" has also been applied by other PT valk purveyors in the form of slip-on shoulder covers and thuster/foot covers on other GBP armor releases.....it seems like the easiest solution...

Personally, I am just glad to be getting the TV version first! :clapping:

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time Bandai had both stand-alones and combos of the same DX Macross items was when they printed the V1 VF-25 figures.

Since then it's been exclusively standalone valk and standalone parts, or combo pack of valk+parts (such as Maruyama VF-171Ex) with no individual printing of either.

The "exceptions" being the re-print YF-29 combo-pack which was only available as standalones on the first print, and the HMR VF-1J vs VF-1J armored combo pack.

 

So my money is on either a combo pack, similar to what they did with the HMR Armored VF-1J, or on a stand-alone armor release. Leaning towards the stand-alone as it's the vast majority of their DX part releases.

Edited by Sanity is Optional
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Since the visor have the same thickness as the previous VF-1J, let's hope that if it's just an armor set, it comes with grey visor head unit. ;) 

 

maybe the whole visor on the VF-1J can be removed and replace and Bandai just kept that a secret.   :p

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they don't do a Full Set Pack, then I'll have to pass. I have one DX 1J and I don't want to display it in armor, as I already have three others displayed that way (HMR, Arcadia 1/60, Yamato 1/48) and I like how it looks in Fighter mode on the special stand. Given the current secondary market price for the 1J, which will surely go up if it's an armor-only release, I can't justify buying a second one just for this. I'm betting on Full Set Pack, though, because it follows the HMR release pattern, we've seen that Bandai is willing to do Full Sets at 1/60 with the recent YF-25 release, and making us fool around with head swapping or head attachments would be a departure for Bandai's Macross lines. Granted, they didn't do a Full Set for the VF-31S armor, so I guess I'm really just hoping to not get Bandai'd here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The "launch edition" moniker implies reissues. I think it will be standalone with a reissue announced at the same time for the following month. A gray slip cover would have been great for dressing up future M&M 1Js... Not sure how a reissue would handle the visor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 1J is still in box, with my 1S still awaiting my full transformation inspection, but looking at the head, it doesn't look easily removable like the v2 Yamato/Arcadia VF-1 toys, so I'm hesitant to think Bandai will include a swappable head.

I also wouldn't think a swappable visor would be an option either, as we would have discovered that feature when the 1J was 1st released and all HEAVILY speculated on the reasoning for it being removable.

As Noel, pointed out in the photos, the grey goggles look exactly the same size as the white goggles, so it's not a cover either. Any kind of cover with enough durability would be quite thick and look out of place.

My feeling is it will be a completely stand alone VF-1J with grey goggles bundled with the GBP. There is a chance they will announce the GBP stand alone package later, in the same vein as when they announced the VF-1J initially and then announced the missile set a week or 2 later with a 1 month gap between each release.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling that if it's going to end up bundled initially, most of us here will definitely get one.

And sell it afterwards once Bandai teases an armor set bundled with missile effect parts. :rolleyes:

 

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

Armor only release -->Current price of existing VF-1J release goes up in resale market

Bundle Armor/Valk release --> existing VF-1J release goes down in resale market

Am I missing something here?

I would think a VF-1J with non grey googles would still hold its own.

The only time the grey goggle VF-1J look works is with the GBP on. Any other times without GBP, its not gonna be canon having the grey goggle on.

If the grey goggle VF-1 has another non-grey goggle head included, only then would i think it would make an impact.

Edited by seti88
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I sold off all but one of my TV Hikaru VF-1J's if they are stand alone I am in for 3, 1 for my -1J, 1 for a possible TV VF-1A brownie, and 1 for one of my Focker -1S (in case they do not release that custom that was teased a while back).........3x also if it is a combo pack

 

We'll see how they are sold.  I have an Arcadia 1/60 set of GBP where I painted the red parts blue for my Yamato TV VF-1A Max.  I might do the same with a DX set.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

We'll see how they are sold.  I have an Arcadia 1/60 set of GBP where I painted the red parts blue for my Yamato TV VF-1A Max.  I might do the same with a DX set.

Cool...have pics of that custom?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

I assume we will also get seat parts with this release? 

6152335856_6cce38c826_z.jpg

I recall this feature being highlighted for the upcoming 1D, but can the previous DX releases do that with the head?

I could see this as a gimmick for the 1J GBP release owners can mimic the scene from the episode of Hikaru boarding it in the hanger.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So is that date when the preorders start or when more information will be available?

Definitely curious to see if its a bundle with a VF-1J. That will be kinda pricey. If it's a bundle, I will have an original edition VF-1J for sale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corrinald said:

So is that date when the preorders start or when more information will be available?

Definitely curious to see if its a bundle with a VF-1J. That will be kinda pricey. If it's a bundle, I will have an original edition VF-1J for sale. 

Best guess right now is that more information about a PO will be provided on that date. With the exception of the Super Parts, where the TWE PO went live the next day, I think there's been at least a week between the formal announcement and the PO for everything in the DX line. I'm really hoping that's the case here, too, because I'm on business travel next week and I really don't want to be sitting in my hotel room at 3am, on crappy hotel WiFi, trying to snag one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what pilot Bandai will include with this GBP release. I suppose the GBP is mainly for battles in the space, does that mean we will

be getting Hikaru in his space suit as supposed to atmospheric suit? - That would be great for people converting their Roy 1S into Hikaru's myself included. :rolleyes: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

I wonder what pilot Bandai will include with this GBP release. I suppose the GBP is mainly for battles in the space, does that mean we will

be getting Hikaru in his space suit as supposed to atmospheric suit? - That would be great for people converting their Roy 1S into Hikaru's myself included. :rolleyes: 

Good point...my bet is on the space pilot suit Hikaru too....also sets things up for the Super M&M...

We could also get Bandai'd with them making the "space suit" Hikaru a combo pack exclusive...or a stand-alone set exclusive.....:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 5:12 AM, F360 said:

maybe the whole visor on the VF-1J can be removed and replace and Bandai just kept that a secret.   :p

 

 

Tried to see if the visor is removable on mine, didnt find a way to remove mine

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying to re-watch the youtube video where bandai shows the GBP along side its VF-1D announcement, but because the video title is in Japanese, I am not able to find it. Does anyone have a link to that video?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kkx said:

I was trying to re-watch the youtube video where bandai shows the GBP along side its VF-1D announcement, but because the video title is in Japanese, I am not able to find it. Does anyone have a link to that video?

I couldn't find it either - looks like the Macross YouTube channel took it down, but here's another vid on it. (You might need to VPN in.)
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I couldn't find it either - looks like the Macross YouTube channel took it down, but here's another vid on it. (You might need to VPN in.)
 

 

Thanks, that is very helpful. Just wanted to see how it looks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • jvmacross changed the title to Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie - NO PO LINKS or PO TALK Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...