Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

37 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Very excited to see this next release, thanks for those additional pics!

And then how long until we get a cel-shaded version from the customizers!? :)

image.thumb.png.eb99586d0a6c6dab58a614145d50e998.png

I bet you that LEK Customs is going to do this once he gets his own personal copy in his hands. ;)

9 minutes ago, Froy said:

Will the biggest clown hands be like a glove on top of the integrated hands or you have to swap them?

Swap over like the other DX VF versions

I feel embaressed to ask but since i am not ready yet to let my yamato 1/48 ARMORED VALK go do you guys think that i can switch head from the Bandai DX (grey google) to the old yamato version(white google)?

Edited by Ryoma

45 minutes ago, jenius said:

What's going on with the hip grenade/missiles? There's individual missiles and then little caps?

I think the individual missiles are specifically for the shin/leg missile-peg/tray, as shown.

The three little tiny-missiles are specifically for the hips.

Guess Bandai has to cut some budget somewhere.

As such, wonder if this DX-GBP has the chest-missiles pop-up feature like the old Yammie-1/48's.

Edited by treatment

6 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

I feel embaressed to ask but since i am not ready yet to let my yamato 1/48 ARMORED VALK go do you guys think that i can switch head from the Bandai DX (grey google) to the old yamato version(white google)?

The Yammie version is removeable with a screwdriver, however Bandai loves to make things tamper proof so you might be out of luck there, plus Yamato and Bandai do things differently. 

12 minutes ago, treatment said:

As such, wonder if this DX-GBP has the chest-missiles pop-up feature like the old Yammie-1/48's.

I'm pretty sure it does. In the aforementioned video you can see a subtle movement of the missile pod right at 1:17:47 when the bay is opened. 

29 minutes ago, borgified said:

The Yammie version is removeable with a screwdriver, however Bandai loves to make things tamper proof so you might be out of luck there, plus Yamato and Bandai do things differently. 

Thank you. I guess i will just have to deal with it then. :( Bye bye old yammie

1 hour ago, borgified said:

It's been some years since I've had any 1/48 Yamato Valks in my collection but Bandai's 1/48 DX uses a ball joint to connect its 1J head to the Valkyrie's neck. The neck piece is then attached to the DX's skeletal sub-structure using a more permanent connection. That means the head will be easy to switch out with the new one included in the DX armour upgrade. Probably not so easy for a Yamato swap, though.

It's an experiment... we'll see how it goes. As one of the few people who actually does dig through these super long threads from time to time to hunt down something I think might be relevant to reviews, I'm hoping it works. Nothing like trying to remember that one keen observation amongst 40 pages of "NY sucks!" and "I got cart-jacked!" (which are both comments I have also added many times to the relevant threads). 

If this has been discussed then gomenasai but I noticed that this set has an extra VF1J head with a colored visor(?)/scope or whatever terms applied. I have the 1st ish VF1J and am ambivalent at pulling off that head. Is the neck socket easy to detach?

Edited by fenrir72

4 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

If this has been discussed then gomenasai but I noticed that this set has an extra VF1J head with a colored visor(?)/scope or whatever terms applied. I have the 1st ish VF1J and am ambivalent at pulling off that head. Is the neck socket easy to detach?

I've read here that the head has a ball socket and can easily be removed.

If I end up preordering the combo set then I'll end up having one in my collection.  If not then no worries.  I still have a spare VF-1J Hikaru MISB and I'll have a spare Armored Parts set MISB.

Edited by sh9000

49 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

43 minutes ago, Checkmate said:

I've read here that the head has a ball socket and can easily be removed.

Yep. Check my post above. ;) I pulled the head from my DX 1J the other day because I was curious about the ball joint itself. IIRC, other members have noted this feature in the other DX VF-1 thread too. Also, @jenius writes about it in his comprehensive review over on anymoon. 

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

Yep. Check my post above. ;) I pulled the head from my DX 1J the other day because I was curious about the ball joint itself. IIRC, other members have noted this feature in the other DX VF-1 thread too. Also, @jenius writes about it in his comprehensive review over on anymoon. 

@Checkmate and Technoblue

Thanks! And that is a relief.

Edited by fenrir72

• jvmacross changed the title to Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie - NO PO LINKS or PO TALK Thanks!

Last post on this subject please

The separate PO thread concept is here to stay until its not, so all chat about where to buy stuff goes there, this thread is for product talk only

Any further talk on this is going to be removed from all parties, as this is not a hard concept to follow.

Where do I buy a GBP? => The PO thread
What is this feature on the GBP => Here.

end of line.

So, is there confirmation that this release will have updated the nosecone attachment? The set comes with the grey goggles head, but will it still have the same tampograph markings?

twich

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Possibly another 10k yen for this add on @Chronocidal ?:unknw:

Wouldn't surprise me, and I'm not even saying I'd buy one, but these sorts of add-on parts are something they do quite a bit for other series, from what I recall.  I know they did missile effects for the HMR missiles at least, and I thought the old Yamato 1/60 v.2 effects set was one of the harder-to-get releases.

Definitely would be a niche item, but I think it would make a really good display, especially at this scale.

53 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Wouldn't surprise me, and I'm not even saying I'd buy one, but these sorts of add-on parts are something they do quite a bit for other series, from what I recall.  I know they did missile effects for the HMR missiles at least, and I thought the old Yamato 1/60 v.2 effects set was one of the harder-to-get releases.

Definitely would be a niche item, but I think it would make a really good display, especially at this scale.

I recall that @jenius mentioned that the Yammie 1/60 effect parts for the GBP armor is a Yammie Exclusive (now on Manda for 28k yen and 30k yen with the GBP unit) in his blog.  

Wouldn't be surprised if Bandai does make the effect parts for this release in the near future. 

On 5/3/2021 at 6:29 AM, sh9000 said:

IMG_6825.thumb.JPG.1e4e532480dcb474fc7b1a39d056af4d.JPG

IMG_6826.thumb.JPG.3ac28e33e6fb28d195022b99f00dba1b.JPG

I think the balloon hands are exaggerated a bit too much, lol!

They look like giant sausage fingers.  I wonder how it would look with fixed pose DYRL hands?