Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I think EMS will be suspended to Canuckleland for quite some time longer @Angesdad

Why are some people still getting their Macross fix via NY (as your crap out of luck on older DX releases) and also on Nin-Nin?? We've been dropping warning signs to everyone here while some people are still simply just ignoring it, sealing their fate and getting torched by flames. 

okay..embrace the suck a little longer while I wide open my wallet to DHL I suppose..Hey I am completely utterly aware to stay the heck away from NY but I've never read any heads up or the warning signs for Nin-Nin!:shok:

We did drop warnings about Nin-Nin on previous DX pre-orders before you got into this game @Angesdad when the DX 31 pre-orders where just starting (possibly before that), plus a Google search about Nin-Nin's reputation should have been done before hand before loosing close to $550 CND down the drain. 

Hard lesson learned nes pas? 

I've mentioned several times that I would rather not have something than buy from ninnin or mykombini if those were the only choices. Fwiw, I still use NY as a last resort and in this case, they sent out my combo GBP set for a total of 32900Y (ferry) last month.

Edited by Slave IV

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I've mentioned several times that I would rather not have something than buy from ninnin or mykombini if those were the only choices. Fwiw, I still use NY as a last resort and in this case, they sent out my combo GBP set for a total of 32900Y (ferry) last month.

The way things are going on the West Coast you may see that sometime in 2023!😲

23 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The way things are going on the West Coast you may see that sometime in 2023!😲

I’m not worried about it. Ports have been backed up since this all started and all my ferry shipments have taken 3 months instead of 1-2 months. All good with me as I consider it free storage until it arrives. Main point is NY sent out my order with shipping included for less than what most other shops charged for the figure without shipping and that’s my main reason for ever using them in the first place. 

12 hours ago, ps99042 said:

Great news!  I eagerly await my shipping confirmation.  They came through for me with Roy's VF-1S so I haven't given up on them yet.

Just got notification from DHL that my order will arrive by 10/25. Five days is not bad from Japan.

I hope you get your email notification soon!

13 minutes ago, Mac said:

Just got notification from DHL that my order will arrive by 10/25. Five days is not bad from Japan.

I hope you get your email notification soon!

They're almost always pessimistic by a few days. Expect it 2 days early.

On 10/20/2021 at 1:36 AM, wm cheng said:

How much are people paying UPS shipping to NA/Canada for just the Armored Parts only? 

NY emailed me saying my preorder is ready for shipping, but because I selected EMS (hoping that it would be ok by now), they want an additional 4,981Y to upgrade my shipping to UPS.  But in addition to 2,900Y I already paid for EMS, that's a total of 7,881Y just for shipping to Canada - that seems a bit high doesn't it for just the Armored Parts only not including the VF-1J toy itself?

That seems a bit high, I paid 9400 Yen to ship the armored parts and a DX VF-1D to Texas USA via EMS.

Edited by weiser21

On 10/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, no3Ljm said:

Help me out here, @treatment. I'm finally going to have my DX TV Super Parts shipped from AE which I ordered last year. And I'm not sure which method to choose. I know I'm not in a hurry. But we do all know we don't want to pay too much for shipping. So should I choose 'Fast Shipment' for Y4389 or 'Economy Shipment' for Y4340? :ph34r:

:lol: 

:rofl:

21 hours ago, Slave IV said:

What's wrong with mykombini? I got a VF-1J Armored combo set with them for $384 shipped via DHL. They only charged a little over 5k Yen for shipping. The most affordable shipping outside of AJ for the combo set.

1 hour ago, weiser21 said:

What's wrong with mykombini? I got a VF-1J Armored combo set with them for $384 shipped via DHL. They only charged a little over 5k Yen for shipping. The most affordable shipping outside of AJ for the combo set.

They’ve delivered items for me in the past, which is fine. But the VF-31A I and others had ordered through them and prepaid for were cancelled with an excuse that they didn’t have stock to fulfill our orders. Then they relisted the item they supposedly had no stock of the next day with a huge markup. To me, that’s the lowest of the low I’ve seen from any of these shops.

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

They’ve delivered items for me in the past, which is fine. But the VF-31A I and others had ordered through them and prepaid for were cancelled with an excuse that they didn’t have stock to fulfill our orders. Then they relisted the item they supposedly had no stock of the next day with a huge markup. To me, that’s the lowest of the low I’ve seen from any of these shops.

Ohhhh, that's just wrong. I don't think I've ever gotten anything from them at retail, most times their mark up isn't as bad as others.

2 hours ago, mech9T8 said:

I got a full refund from Nin Nin and they didn’t seem to put up a big fight about it. 
Will be buying one locally at a lower price. 

That is awesome! - Now do buy from that local dude because I ended up paying approx. 560 for my copy. The combo I found was 35k yen which I believe is a good deal slightly above MSRP but  DHL shipping+duties got me and left with little savings.:crazy:

41 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

That is awesome! - Now do buy from that local dude because I ended up paying approx. 560 for my copy. The combo I found was 35k yen which I believe is a good deal slightly above MSRP but  DHL shipping+duties got me and left with little savings.:crazy:

Yes I bought from the local dude…lol. 
$540 CAD all in. Picking it up on Sunday. 

I got mine off Amazon.co.jp for 35,000JPY plus shipping and import fees. 

I think my total was 43,305JPY which works out to about $471.89CAD

Probably one of the more expensive toys I have, but it's not like I go around throwing money at toys like this all the time.

Considering the stand-alone 1J prices are a bit bonkers right now (or at least they were the last time I checked), I think it wasn't too bad.  I love the box cover getting the stand alone ones as well since I can actually see the toy while still on the box.

For my Canadian friends, check AJ once in a while because periodically you get a seller willing to ship to Canada.

Edited by peter
edited for spelling

4 hours ago, HKBEN said:

Ordered one from Okini-land about a week ago, total US$399 with DHL Express. It arrived in 3 days from Japan to US. Happy customer :)

Same here.  Totally stress free purchase and I got it within a week using DHL Express for shipping.  Arrived safe and sound.

1 hour ago, peter said:

For my Canadian friends, check AJ once in a while because periodically you get a seller willing to ship to Canada.

Hey @peter, I did check on a few occasions but couldn't find a single AJ seller willing to ship to Canada at the time.:( Next time I will check more often..btw you got a great deal!

So I opened a ticket with NinNin and they responded with a generic response about how they moved to a bigger warehouse.  I guess I just passed the 180 days on PayPal cuz I can't count.  I guess my credit card company is my next option?  I'm still hoping they come through though since they were awesome with my Roy VF-1S.

Edited by ps99042

10 hours ago, ps99042 said:

So I opened a ticket with NinNin and they responded with a generic response about how they moved to a bigger warehouse.  I guess I just passed the 180 days on PayPal cuz I can't count.  I guess my credit card company is my next option?  I'm still hoping they come through though since they were awesome with my Roy VF-1S.

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with their BS. I was hopeful too but could not afford not to have buyer protection from Paypal seeing how they do business. If you go to Paypal under account activity, locate the transaction and click into it. It will tell you exactly when your dispute eligibility expires towards the bottom. 

Edited by Angesdad

13 hours ago, ps99042 said:

They really did just move to a bigger warehouse.. its also posted on their main page too. .  

Since you already passed the 180 days, might as well wait it out a bit more before moving to your creditcard company 

I moved earlier this year and I still have many thing still in moving boxes along with other thing in my storage:wacko: